Tim Freedman - What a ripping bloke!

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Went to one of his shows recently and I can honestly say he is that one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He smiled at me and said hello, was happy for a photo and chat as I bought some merchandise after the show.

Has anyone else met Tim and had similar experiences? What an absolutely cracking bloke!

Ha ha, the only time I "met" Tim Freedman was as I was walking past the Town Hall Hotel in Newtown NSW at about 3pm on a Tuesday afternoon (10-12 years back) and this drunken wreck came barreling out of the door colliding right into me before dusting himself off and heading up King St.

Glad to see he's doing well.

I saw The Whitlams live a couple of times back in the 90s and both times he would have gone through a few bottles of wine during their show.

Seems like he's a bit of a pisshead but he was quite an entertaining guy on stage though chatting and making jokes with the crowd in between songs.

I saw them opening for Hunters and Collectors and he spent half his time bitching about having to open for another band when he had top 10 songs.

I saw Augie March open for Bernard Fanning and they whinged about how everyone there only knew them for that song One Crowded Hour, how do opening acts not realise their place?

No Aphrodisiac is a pretty decent song.

Remember it making an appearance on quite a few of my old man’s post-divorce playlists unsurprisingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back