Confirmed - Tim Kelly 2018 pt 2 | Page 34 | BigFooty

Confirmed Tim Kelly 2018 pt 2

Discussion in 'Drafts, Trading & Free Agency' started by Lore, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunchlady Doris

Lunchlady Doris Hall of Famer

Geelong
    Yeah, so tilted right now.

Does it take a genius to see that there's many other potential points of failure in an eventual 3 club trade involving picks and players?

Yeah, because he didn't immediately rebuff any and all attempts at a trade :$

In your narrative, Wells was somehow stringing the Eagles along, despite being clear about the top 10 pick requirement all along?!?

He did apparently eventually relent, and was supposedly willing to compromise on a package of lesser picks involving a future first round, but again the Eagles wouldn't come to the table.

Your reasoning seems to hinge on you knowing for a fact that Wells never intended to trade Kelly, no matter what. Keep grinding that axe, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Pulsedriver

Pulsedriver Team Captain

West Coast
    How about you answer your own question and reason upon it and thus make a counterpoint to my position.

You previously stated: "Wells himself never even put a top 10 price on the trade. Those words have been put into his mouth by imaginative Eagles posters", yet here you are contradicting your own previous post by stating: "despite [Wells] being clear about the top 10 pick requirement all along?" You're rambling so much now that you can't even keep your own shit straight. You're all over the shop.

So, Wells supposedly compromised by upping the price for Kelly. 20, 22 & future 1st rounder is worth more than a top 10 pick alone. How very reasonable of Wells.

This was Wells, again, setting the price so high that no one in their right mind would accept it, but it gave him an excuse to tell Tim: 'I did try to trade you'.

I'm basing my opinion that Wells never intended to trade on logical conclusions.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  3. Nickoo

Nickoo Premiership Player

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Victory
    Give it a rest I reckon.

West Coast did the stringing along, acted in bad faith for years with Tim and then after telling him they would pay him top end contract rates, and get a deal done made absolutely NO effort to get that deal done. Geel even backed down on the stated price and West Coast still wouldn’t cough up; future first round pick instead, offering a second round.

The rumour is that TK is pretty upset with the weagles after all the promises. I’d say they always thought they had him in their back pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez Arrogant and insolent

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Black Ducks, SAS, NYR, BEARS
    How on earth do you justify this statement?

RoversFC likes this.
  5. Pulsedriver

Pulsedriver Team Captain

West Coast
    Your comment assumes WC were under obligation to select Kelly in the ND during those years he went undrafted, but didn't fulfill that obligation. That's absurd.

Please cite.

How convenient that you leave out the part where Geelong had power of veto to reject trade offers. Your opinion here defies reality.

Geelong 'compromised' by upping the price for Tim. Picks 20, 22 & a future 1st rounder is worth more than a stand alone top 10 pick. Wells didn't compromise, he made the trade harder to do as WC upped the ante late. Wells ensured the trade was never a realistic chance. Wells' actions evidence he never had any intention of trading Kelly. He just wanted to be able to tell Tim he tried. That's Wells acting in bad faith.

Rumour? Pfft!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  6. Obeanie1

Obeanie1 Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Fair enough.

End of the day no one will know who did well or who stuffed up royally until 2-3 years from now.

A lot will depend if Kelly gets traded next year and what for.

Then we need to wait to see how every player involved directly or indirectly pans out.

That an how the Cats list as a group progresses / stays similar or regresses.

7. Broken_Chairs

Broken_Chairs Club Legend

West Coast
    Lmfao

RoversFC likes this.
  8. STPer18

STPer18 Premiership Player

Geelong
    Tim's set to go to another level in 2019. If it eventuates, Wells will have to bump the asking price up to a top-5 pick you'd expect. The man's an absolute genius, turning pick 24 into such a sought after commodity in such a short space of time.

Nickoo likes this.
  9. Pulsedriver

Pulsedriver Team Captain

West Coast
    Please do it, Wells. Aim high and go for that sponsorship from Nike, just do it, Wellsy ol' chap. Go hard, send Tim to the draft. Just do it!

RoversFC likes this.
  10. STPer18

STPer18 Premiership Player

Geelong
    Have the Eagles cooled on Tim already? Why is he going to the draft rather than heading to the WCE?

Nickoo likes this.
  11. Miguel Sanchez

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Big if there. He could go either way in 2019.

"Second year blues" is not a common saying for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Pulsedriver

Pulsedriver Team Captain

West Coast
    Absolutely. WC are cooling their jets on Kelly until next October.

Derp.

13. Nickoo

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Victory
    Too true. Can you believe it right there for five years and Wellsy spots what others are blind to.

STPer18 likes this.
  14. Nickoo

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Victory
    Well he wouldn’t want that to happen as Weagles will pass again, again again......

STPer18 likes this.
  15. Nickoo

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Victory
    No laughing matter.....I’d say your backside is pretty sore right now.

16. Nickoo

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Victory
    Try and keep up.

17. Miguel Sanchez

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Any chance you could answer this?

18. Nickoo

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Victory
    Are you saying they’ll pass again next year? Gosh. Depends on the money they offer him.

19. Herne Hill Hammer

Herne Hill Hammer Premium Platinum

Geelong
    None of anyone's picks have done anything to be labelled as young guns.

Eagles have proven nothing until we see what their recruits can do in the seniors.

autimcx, ShaunWDT and Gee Class Loco like this.
  20. Obeanie1

West Coast
    If what Kelly expects in $$ is fair and reasonable and Geelong accept what is fair and reasonable (as opposed to exceptional compensation) then Kelly will likely become an Eagle.

If Geelong hold out for 'exceptional overs' then we will have to see where that leads us. The Eagles are under no obligation to pay massive overs nor should they.

As for passing again you seem be getting a tad caught up in this for some reason. Up until last year every team passed on Kelly over several drafts because he hadn't shown enough to be drafted. Somewhat due to injuries and also application. So only you know what you are meaning in dwelling on this.

Geelong jumped a pick earlier than the Eagles in 2017 after the Eagles selecting two higher ranked KP players who slid quite a bit. So what? That's astute drafting.

21. Lunchlady Doris

Geelong
    Not going to waste time speculating

Notice how I said 'In your narrative'? I'm humouring you - playing along with your story.

It's a pretty common device, I'm surprised you are struggling to follow. Is this how you're going to avoid explaining your contradiction?

Debatable.

Nah.

22. Lunchlady Doris

Geelong
    Maybe no one stuffed up royally, and everyone can just get on with their lives?

23. Obeanie1

West Coast
    We are Big Footy tragic's.

We don't have lives

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  24. year of the cat

year of the cat Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Wells asked from outset for a pick in the top 10. When WC were unable to achieve that then he said that he would accept your 20 and 22 plus the 2019 first rounder in order for Kelly to get back to WA. How in any way is that acting in bad faith? WC had weeks to get organise a top 10 pick and either couldn't achieve it or were not prepared to give up what they needed to do it. Do you honestly think that we should have just rolled over and succumbed to WC offer?

25. RoversFC

RoversFC Senior List

West Coast
    I’ve been on this subject multiple times in both threads with multiple people, so I don’t know why I’m even bothering here but I’m a bit bored on this Tuesday night.

Explain how Tim Kelly’s asking price goes up, let alone stay the same. He came second in your best and fairest last year it doesn’t get much better than that. Sure he could become a clear cut best player at Geelong, but he’s also out of contract..

In every other sport, the longer you wait to trade a player quickly going out of contract and wanting to leave, the more the value goes down. I don’t see how Tim Kelly’s case is any different.

Pulsedriver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.