Tim Kelly Back To Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Mitchell to Swans, and Neale to Freo are not crazy, but Kelly was insistent on leaving for family reasons. Have those reasons lessened?
Or worsened I'm sure one of his kids had special needs could it be they were better dealt with while he was in Geelong than at present in WA?

Or worsened I'm sure one of his kids had special needs could it be they were better dealt with while he was in Geelong than at present in WA?
I think it was two of the kids that were diagnosed as autistic

I can get the idea that Tim Kelly may want to return to Geelong, but would Geelong want Tim Kelly?

Do a Will Brodie.. Kelly and WCE 2nd rounder for his salary.

The way I read this whole situation is that he did something he probably didn’t want to do but he did it for the right reasons and to be a good husband and father and he has my full respect for that.

But as someone who played football more or less for fun prior to his discovery by the Cats, it has probably taken a real toll on him to play in a side that is getting bollocked regularly and even when they weren’t, he hadn’t QUITE found his feet in their midfield (though I think his output was actually quite good relative to some of the criticism he received).

I think he would be happy with the choice he’s made as someone who obviously puts his wife and kids first.

But I don’t think any part of him would be happy with the decision if family were not a factor. To get a sudden opportunity at the top level with a regular contender and then go to a side who looked competitive but soon enough have deteriorated into a rabble would be hard to take

This x2.

Don't think we should be throwing too many stones living in the glass house that we've built for ourselves with some of our recent trades. West Coast will pick up some high draft picks and they (and TK) will probably be back in contention soon enough.

There was a reason he took so long to get on an AFL list, at Geelong he played with a passion to get the big contract to go home, now home and on a long term contract that passion is gone, it was always a worry this would happen, never expected it to be so clear when it did.

I hope its he's carrying an injury or something and his form will come back when fit, but reality is I think he needed Geelong and Geelong needed him, and he wont be coming back now. He burnt that bridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 worst post on forum IMO. I have more chance playing in the NBA than Tim Kelly ever putting on a Geelong jumper again.

Top 5 worst post on forum IMO. I have more chance playing in the NBA than Tim Kelly ever putting on a Geelong jumper again.
To be fair, the post is only quoting a media pundit who is probably only cracking the top 100 in that arena

Why is this even a thread, he would look like a right royal dick if he ended up back here after all the crap that was thrown around from him and his missus, she even accused the club of not looking after them, stuff him, he made his decision now he can live on the bottom of the ladder, bet he wishes he had gone to Freo to join Fyfe now.

Why is this even a thread, he would look like a right royal dick if he ended up back here after all the crap that was thrown around from him and his missus, she even accused the club of not looking after them, stuff him, he made his decision now he can live on the bottom of the ladder, bet he wishes he had gone to Freo to join Fyfe now.
No chance. Would literally only take him if we gave up a really late pick and he came on little money.

WCE aren't taking that, if a deal was to happen they would need something to save face, and he wouldn't come on little money after the bank burster he is on atm.

“Best on” and “afl 360” exist
Do not remind me of the existence of "best on"

Just the worst brain fart of a program. Frustrating because they divert coverage from a game where a side has won. Fans want player interviews, coach interviews, fan reactions. Whoever came up with it needs to never work in the industry again

Tom Mitchell to Swans, and Neale to Freo are not crazy, but Kelly was insistent on leaving for family reasons. Have those reasons lessened?

If thats the only Neale going to Freo then fine.

I cant see how Kelly getting traded works for anyone. He would probably be better in the Freo side now but that will not happen. COVID killed his great go home plans .. all he can do is take the money and try to be as professional as possible. It would be a different situation if clubs could just trade players out like in American sports.

In a way this thread is reflecting social media and it effects on society as a whole. We shouldn't be replaying the criticisms or TK, his wife, the GFC, or that other club. That has been over for a while now. Any snark should be aimed squarely at the ******** ********* who put it out there. I have absolutely complete confidence that none of the people involved has raised or queried the possibilities that were published. But everyone now is reacting, again, as if the episode happened this week.
This why these media people do crap like this. 'Just asking a question' :sickv1:

In a way this thread is reflecting social media and it effects on society as a whole. We shouldn't be replaying the criticisms or TK, his wife, the GFC, or that other club. That has been over for a while now. Any snark should be aimed squarely at the ******** ********* who put it out there. I have absolutely complete confidence that none of the people involved has raised or queried the possibilities that were published. But everyone now is reacting, again, as if the episode happened this week.
This why these media people do crap like this. 'Just asking a question' :sickv1:
*******. Hate it. Its like they sit around the office and go "whats the shittest take we can put out there, and then avoid ANY responsibility by ending it with either 'sources tell me' or 'just asking the question'. Yeah, that'll do."

Could you imagine these current shitheel journos back in the early 2000s?
2004 would have been "with Ben Graham leaving maybe Geelong should look to bring back Leigh Colbert, JuSt AsKiNg ThE qUeStIoN."

*******. Hate it. Its like they sit around the office and go "whats the shittest take we can put out there, and then avoid ANY responsibility by ending it with either 'sources tell me' or 'just asking the question'. Yeah, that'll do."
Yep, makes me want to Clint Eastwood on someone.

The thing is, a massive amount of people swallow it hook, line, and sinker. I seriously think in junior high or so, they should have a class in how to deal with the real world; social media, advertising, predators etc. there's not much hope for the adults who are played like puppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back