List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get to stage 4 before too long
fd9f785956a153bd56252be203f10bd8.jpg
But I think they'll skip part 3 & part 5 - just be an endless circuit of stages 1, 2 & 4

Nah, we will spend the next 12 months convincing a young WC player(s) that it is in their best interest to return home.

I am sure Brander will enjoy spending the next 12 months playing in the WAFL.

See you next trade period, it is gonna be fun.

We probably won’t have to.

If Brander grew up in Vic as a WCE fanboy then he likely has not lived amongst sandgropers and seen what it is truly like over there.

He will want to come back voluntarily after having his delusions soured by experience. They will poison his mind with “we beat those ******* Vics, what losers, we hate Victorians aye mate!”

Plus we can get Frank Costa in to twist his family’s ears to beg him to come home due to home sickne$$.

If Kelly decides that at the end of next season he still wants to leave, as much as I'd be pissed off if a trade failed to be agreed to, I'd also laugh if he went into the draft & Freo picked him up

Peter Bell seems like a very smart man and also a good football person, unlike a certain s**t stain manager of TK.

I hope he is very vocal about drafting him, or we are as vocal about redrafting him, or any other team that finishes below the WCE.

“Nobody would draft him” they say.

Wanna bet WCE fans?

Is your compassion so strong that you would take that chance on TKs family?

Or would you trade for him to save the disaster of him being sent off to a cellar dweller?

Firstly, we better not hear Biggy_Boy moan about this. He's wanted hardball and we just got it.
Secondly, I believe you called this early as not happening. Tony Barber should take note of that.
We didn't accept their crap picks.

No, I'm happy they didn't bend over for an offer from WCE that was unders and stuck firm to their appraisal of Kelly being worth a top 10 pick and nothing less. WCE didn't seem to do a whole lot to attempt to extract Kelly from Geelong by moving the pieces around to get that top 10 pick or something with equivalent value, so once again, they haven't really put Kelly as a high priority.

The test for Wells in regards to holding firm and demanding value comes next year, however. If Kelly still wants to return home (and I imagine he will), he'll try this again but Geelong will no longer hold the power they do now. They can't just say no and have that be the end of it. An uncontracted player wanting out willl get out, but Geelong needs to ensure it sees a return commensurate with the value Kelly has shown to hold for the club, and they should still be able to extract it. Plenty of recent deals have seen uncontracted quality players yield a fair return for their original clubs. And who knows where his value will be next year. He could hit the second-year blues, particularly if the opposition are putting more work into him or he has to serve more central midfield responsibilities as Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield fill holes elsewhere for longer periods of time. He could also flourish after his first year and with the added responsibilities, in which case you'd hope any potential return would be significant. It would certainly be useful if the WA clubs could both be viable options for him so we could leverage them against each other to drive up his value.

Overall, happy with the trade period for the most part. Thurlow being traded for such a low pick is the only gripe. He should have been worth more than that, and it's disappointing to see yet another first rounder go for essentially nothing. Also would be nice to have more draft picks. That's a dumb deal for Ablett coming back to bite us.

Just about everyone who was traded got to the club of their choice. The only one who didn't was Kelly. What's that about stupid ?
The contracted players who moved did so for fair value. Dayne Beams, at 29 years old, cost the Pies two first rounders.

WCE didn't bother to try to find the asking price or anything really close to it. For all the bluster from fans, I get the sense that the Eagles still don't rate Kelly all that highly and aren't prepared to do a lot of work to get him.

Just about everyone who was traded got to the club of their choice. The only one who didn't was Kelly. What's that about stupid ?
what a s**t club you are

To be honest, I went from "I hope we keep him" to "I hope we get rid of him" in a matter of weeks. I was always suss on this anyway.

Let's see how it goes then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colour me apathetic. Tim's heart won't be in it next year, he's in the very same netherworld that a tele-customer 'on hold' is, except young Timmy has an entire season in the abyss. What's he gonna do? Where's he gonna do it? And our match committee?
I reckon he'll play his heart out knowing that there is a potential windfall.

He might want WC to offer more or...

If he backs up this season, Freo might feel comfortable putting an 800k+ offer on the table.

No, I'm happy they didn't bend over for an offer from WCE that was unders and stuck firm to their appraisal of Kelly being worth a top 10 pick and nothing less. WCE didn't seem to do a whole lot to attempt to extract Kelly from Geelong by moving the pieces around to get that top 10 pick or something with equivalent value, so once again, they haven't really put Kelly as a high priority.

The test for Wells in regards to holding firm and demanding value comes next year, however. If Kelly still wants to return home (and I imagine he will), he'll try this again but Geelong will no longer hold the power they do now. They can't just say no and have that be the end of it. An uncontracted player wanting out willl get out, but Geelong needs to ensure it sees a return commensurate with the value Kelly has shown to hold for the club, and they should still be able to extract it. Plenty of recent deals have seen uncontracted quality players yield a fair return for their original clubs. And who knows where his value will be next year. He could hit the second-year blues, particularly if the opposition are putting more work into him or he has to serve more central midfield responsibilities as Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield fill holes elsewhere for longer periods of time. He could also flourish after his first year and with the added responsibilities, in which case you'd hope any potential return would be significant. It would certainly be useful if the WA clubs could both be viable options for him so we could leverage them against each other to drive up his value.

Overall, happy with the trade period for the most part. Thurlow being traded for such a low pick is the only gripe. He should have been worth more than that, and it's disappointing to see yet another first rounder go for essentially nothing. Also would be nice to have more draft picks. That's a dumb deal for Ablett coming back to bite us.
I agree with just about all of that BB. Good post.

Never thought I'd like 1 of your posts but this would be it, apart from the Ablett mention ;)

Never thought I'd like 1 of your posts but this would be it, apart from the Ablett mention ;)
It's a great post.

I love that we got Ablett back for reasons beyond romanticism and nostalgia, he's still a very good player.

No doubt we overpaid for him but that is also why WC are at fault for the Kelly situation IMO.

You want, you pay.

Colour me apathetic. Tim's heart won't be in it next year, he's in the very same netherworld that a tele-customer 'on hold' is, except young Timmy has an entire season in the abyss. What's he gonna do? Where's he gonna do it? And our match committee?
Will we see a Justin Murphy moment,Cats V Wet Toast.Don't think so.

Bizzare post considering that TK isn’t on the rookie list, I generally don’t have a clue what the poster was trying to get across
It was a fantastic post..
First they stuffed up.. Then instead of admitting it they doubled down on the stupid and stuffed up again..

Then again instead of admitting it they pretended they knew and were playing around the whole time.

Glorious stupidity

I reckon the vote for
He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019
Has increased by 10 or so votes since the close of play last night at 8.30pm.:rolleyes:
Don’t worry, I screenshotted the final vote to see who the sneaky buggers are. :D

An all time classic to ruin a young mans career ? A young man who has 3 little children and no support base on the other side of the country ? Can not believe that your board can not see how bad the geelong club looks in the eyes of the rest of the comp. Very classy stuff.
We don't look bad at all, the large majority of opposition fans have no sympathy purely for the crap his manager said ruling out Freo because they aren't a good team. You can't play the sympathy card and then try make the rules up as you go at the same time.

Maybe his manager is incompetent? That's clearly obvious to me.

About the same as your deductive reasoning I'd bet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back