List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't see him leaving unless we get a Top 10 pick now... Not saying it can't be done, but it probably won't be easy, unless Kelly settles for Freo and they cough up Pick 6, maybe even more, like later pick upgrades. Its not out of the question.
Why top 10. Why not pick 11-14.

I say it's a bit unfair to ask for top 10 given we let go of Scott Selwood for basically nothing who won a best n fairest for us.
Cats being a bit selfish. We can work on getting say pick 11-14

I don't think us trading two picks in the 20s will be enough for top 10 but it may work for a pick upgrade around pick 12ish.

Pick 12-16 for Tim Kelly is about right.
The problem right here is you guys want way overs for a one season player.

Way too risky giving up a top 10 pick for him from our point and you're club needs to understand that. Even pick 12-16 is prob overs right now. If you won't except that then we best to wait a year for him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is Kelly really worth a top-10 pick?
95ee7411ea4c69ccff869bd71e17bfa0

Ben Broad
GEELONG great Jimmy Bartel has tempered his former club's expectations over what it might receive should star first-year midfielder Tim Kelly leave for WA.

Kelly is seeking a trade back home, his manager saying he will only join West Coast.
Speaking on Tuesday, Bartel said he believed Kelly was worthy of a first-round pick but not necessarily inside the top 10 – as the Cats have stated.
"He's not an All-Australian," Bartel said.
"He was surrounded by a fantastic midfield at Geelong. I keep backing over it, he had a fantastic year but West Coast or Freo – whoever it may be – that will be their counter argument."
Bartel said he was being "really picky" but told Trade Radio he thought there were areas Kelly needed to improve.
"I thought he was absolutely fantastic (but) I think he can tidy up still a little bit of his field kicking," he said.
"I think, under pressure at times, it escaped him. I saw in different games throughout the year. His defensive transition (could also improve), if he can get back to half-back and join in that way (it'd improve him) because he's unbelievably explosive going forward.
"Again, he's a very good player that you're getting but I think (a pick) between 10 and 20 is appropriate."

Has this been posted? Seems pretty balanced from Bartel.

template

AFL NEWS
The Sydney Swans could get involved in trade to help Tim Kelly move to West Coast Eagles
JAY CLARK, Herald Sun
17 minutes ago
Subscriber only
SYDNEY could deliver a potential breakthrough in West Coast’s chase for Geelong midfield star Tim Kelly.

The Swans have pick No. 13 and could trade it down the draft order in return for West Coast’s picks No.20 and No.22.

That would give the Eagles’ pick No. 13, plus a possible sweetener from later in the draft, to on-trade to Geelong for Kelly.

GARY BUCKENARA: CATS MUST STAND FIRM ON KELLY

ROBBO: SHIEL A STUNNING BOMBER COUP

WINGARD: ARE HAWKS SET TO POUNCE?

Geelong wants a top-10 pick for the contracted midfielder who finished runner-up in the Cats’ best and fairest by only half a vote last week.

But with the threat of Kelly’s family moving home to Western Australia to be closer to family, the Cats may have to consider compromising slightly to get the deal done.

Kelly has three young children and a partner, Caitlin Miller, who said she was missing her friends and family back home in WA.

Former Geelong premiership hero Jimmy Bartel said a pick between No.10 and No.20 would be fair swap for the 24-year-old ballwinner.

“I’m not taking anything away from Tim Kelly, but he’s not an All-Australian and he was surrounded by a really good midfield,” Bartel told Trade Radio.

3aae3df8a19db8f960bdc7155e95ca38

Geelong's Tim Kelly in action. Pic: Michael Klein
“This is really picking, because I thought he was absolutely fantastic, but I think he can tidy up his field kicking.

“Under pressure, at different times, it escaped him during the year.

“(Plus) a bit more of defensive transition. If he can get back to half back and join in that way, because he is unbelievably explosive going forward.

“A very good player you are getting, but I think between (pick number) 10 and 20 is appropriate.”

Geelong already has pick No.12 and would have a doubly strong hand in the early part of a highly-rated draft crop if it can also secure No.13 via the Eagles for Kelly.

It would allow the Cats to re-invest in youth and prepare for life after superstars Joel Selwood and Tom Hawkins after trading away their past three Round 1 picks for established stars.

But Geelong list chief Stephen Wells has confirmed the Cats will happily keep Kelly to his contract for 2019 if they cannot secure adequate compensation.

The Cats welcomed the mature-age revelation with pick No.24 last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
He exceeded all expectations in his debut AFL season, averaging 24 possessions, four tackles, four clearances and one goal a game across 23 matches.

c15c301ffc210dfe648889d40ca00a97

Swans academy star Nick Blakey will almost certainly join Sydney next month. Pic: Getty Images
34ccb707984bbdef47ab9b14ed2fe90e

John Longmire’s Swans could help broker the Tim Kelly deal. Pic: Getty Images
The incentive for Sydney to complete the swap is to secure more draft value index points to claim academy prospect Nick Blakey.

Sydney’s Pick No.13 is currently worth 1212 points.

But the Swans could boost their balance considerably if they parted with that selection in exchange for West Coast’s picks No.20 (912 points) and No.22 (845), giving Sydney 1757 points in total.

Sydney list manager Kinnear Beatson has said a rival bid was expected to come for Blakey as early as pick No.5, which would cost the Swans 1878 points.

By swapping pick No. 13 for No.20 and No.22, it would net the Swans an extra 545 points, on that deal alone.

Geelong could also trade its third-round pick (No. 50) to Sydney for speedster Gary Rohan.

Sydney would not comment.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/50b9bfee8209d08c755b4daa7c13bdfc

Surely we would rather West Coast top 2 picks then rather just pick 13

Why top 10. Why not pick 11-14.

I say it's a bit unfair to ask for top 10 given we let go of Scott Selwood for basically nothing who won a best n fairest for us.
Cats being a bit selfish. We can work on getting say pick 11-14

I don't think us trading two picks in the 20s will be enough for top 10 but it may work for a pick upgrade around pick 12ish.

Pick 12-16 for Tim Kelly is about right.
The problem right here is you guys want way overs for a one season player.

Way too risky giving up a top 10 pick for him from our point and you're club needs to understand that. Even pick 12-16 is prob overs right now. If you won't except that then we best to wait a year for him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Scott selwood was a free agent and crippled with injury and you couldnt even fit him in your own side. What a ridiculous comparison.

Yeah and you just totally dismissed the other two points. 22 isn't the same as (approx 15) next year and I dispute the fact that the drafts will be much different. I've heard multiple recruiters all hose it down after the big 8 or so first picks. WCE are in no way a 90% chance. It's very even, they had a very soft draw. We win our game for instance against them this year and we are behind them by a game. Personally I still think they will finish 6th or above but ppl automatically just lock them in for a GF next year. No interstate team is winning the flag from outside the top 4.
You are wrong to have an expected view of west coast finishing 6th. They could finish that low. Highly unlikely though. You base your view on expectations and its clearly top 2. And you are ignoring the points that draft picks will probably get diluted by a further pick or two with free agents.

Recruiters dont know much about the quality of a draft group a year before the draft. We do know this current draft group looks the goods. Next years could be anything and will likely be worse based on the law of averages.

This would have to be the most unprofessional situation of a first year player wanting a trade I’ve ever seen. They are in no position to be making demands. Show some respect for the club who drafted you for *s sake.

I’m not saying it’s all Kelly doing the talking but his manager is an absolute *******. Jesus not going to Freo. Well mate if it’s that important getting Home it should not matter which team. This is an absolute ******* circus.

Top 10 pick or he stays. Let him walk next year. Hopefully Freo grab him.

OK, so compare the pair as the saying goes. The Top 10 draft picks from last year were as follows:
1 Rayner, 2 Brayshaw, 3 Dow, 4 Davies-Uniacke, 5 Cerra, 6 Stephenson, 7 Clark, 8 Coffield, 9 Naughton, 10 O'Brien.

Tim Kelly probably outperformed all bar 2 of the top 10 listed above (Brayshaw & Stephenson), so while Jimmy says that because he wasn't AA doesn't warrant him being a Top 10 trade, how many first year players go AA? I think a top 10 trade pick is not an unreasonable requirement to get a "ready made" who was in the top 22 from game 1 and did pretty much all he could have been asked to do. He'd have to be a reasonable assumption to outplay most of this year's crop of high end draft picks.

and he sure as hell aint Krillin' it.

Thanks you... thank you... try the veal.... :p:p

GO Catters

You would hope he's not talking out of order, that's losing credentials talk

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're just fishing for likes!

Yeah he got a few bites didn’t he?

He's reeling them in!

Alright, enough fish puns. Scale it back, please.
There's always one that ruins it. Now is the time to look down upon German judgmentally.
Poor form.
His manager has dropped off Twitter, was getting pounded

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now she’s insinuating that the club has done nothing for them. Wow. I can’t believe how unprofessional this has gotten. Also please note that that isn’t my Instagram messages or comments, I just found these on Facebook 74A87726-35F0-460B-8F19-227938F83700.png 3BF07ACB-BAA0-4029-9E35-C66AEB39629C.png

Is Kelly really worth a top-10 pick?
95ee7411ea4c69ccff869bd71e17bfa0

Ben Broad
GEELONG great Jimmy Bartel has tempered his former club's expectations over what it might receive should star first-year midfielder Tim Kelly leave for WA.

Kelly is seeking a trade back home, his manager saying he will only join West Coast.
Speaking on Tuesday, Bartel said he believed Kelly was worthy of a first-round pick but not necessarily inside the top 10 – as the Cats have stated.
"He's not an All-Australian," Bartel said.
"He was surrounded by a fantastic midfield at Geelong. I keep backing over it, he had a fantastic year but West Coast or Freo – whoever it may be – that will be their counter argument."
Bartel said he was being "really picky" but told Trade Radio he thought there were areas Kelly needed to improve.
"I thought he was absolutely fantastic (but) I think he can tidy up still a little bit of his field kicking," he said.
"I think, under pressure at times, it escaped him. I saw in different games throughout the year. His defensive transition (could also improve), if he can get back to half-back and join in that way (it'd improve him) because he's unbelievably explosive going forward.
"Again, he's a very good player that you're getting but I think (a pick) between 10 and 20 is appropriate."

Has this been posted? Seems pretty balanced from Bartel.
* off

There's always one that ruins it. Now is the time to look down upon German judgmentally.
Poor form.
Put a hook in it and cut the line.

That convo is out of the fire and into the pan.

We've been told not talk about fish puns so we better throw water on this conversation, unless you want to get grilled or can breathe underwater.

Chances are the mods will gut or fillet you for talking out of school.

So don't take the bait and swim upstream at low tide.

Loose lips, sink ships, so if you are going to raise this topic, you better not get caught!

So now she’s insinuating that the club has done nothing for them. Wow. I can’t believe how unprofessional this has gotten. Also please note that that isn’t my Instagram messages or comments, I just found these on Facebook View attachment 571192 View attachment 571191
She’s doing a great job at burning the bridges if there are any left

You’d really hope he ends up going as it’s going to be mighty uncomfortable for Tim next year if he’s staying.

So now she’s insinuating that the club has done nothing for them. Wow. I can’t believe how unprofessional this has gotten. Also please note that that isn’t my Instagram messages or comments, I just found these on Facebook View attachment 571192 View attachment 571191
Is this real life?!?!?!

Done nothing for them?

Far out, just give this loser away.

Apart from picking Tim in the draft and playing him this year, what have the Cats done extra for him?
You mean drafting him and allowing him to live his dream?

Provided his family with a house rent free.

Paid him at least 120k.

Why won't you guys let Adams leave?

Is this real life?!?!?!

Done nothing for them?

Far out, just give this loser away.

I dunno that we've got any proof the club went above and beyond for the Kelly/Miller family. I mean, yeah the WAGs and all the rest trying to be inclusive, but the club itself? Not so sure. It'd be a bit of a fine line for salary cap consideration, wouldn't it?

I dunno that we've got any proof the club went above and beyond for the Kelly/Miller family. I mean, yeah the WAGs and all the rest trying to be inclusive, but the club itself? Not so sure. It'd be a bit of a fine line for salary cap consideration, wouldn't it?
Adams has provided more for the Dogs than Kelly has for us.

They should trade him as we should trade Kelly IMO

I think the club put a lot of effort into Tim Kelly and hopefully we will be remunerated accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back