Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, so there’s no reason that precludes Freo, unless your only qualifier is beating the eagles.

Reason to preclude Freo.

1. Freo arent challenging
2. List has a lot of work to do.
3. Player turnover high, Neale?
4. The coach has a lot of question marks over his style.
5. Whispers of issue with the Hill's
6. Freo didnt take interest in Kelly predraft Eagles did and continued to.
7. Eagles have non of the above issues and are the most successful club in WA.
8. No one knows when or if Freo will ever get their s*** together.

Its like a player moving to Vic choosing between Saint Kilda and Collingwood/Hawthorn

Reason to preclude Freo.

1. Freo arent challenging
2. List has a lot of work to do.
3. Player turnover high, Neale?
4. The coach has a lot of question marks over his style.
5. Whispers of issue with the Hill's
6. Freo didnt take interest in Kelly predraft Eagles did and continued to.
7. Eagles have non of the above issues and are the most successful club in WA.
8. No one knows when or if Freo will ever get their s*** together.

Its like a player moving to Vic choosing between Saint Kilda and Collingwood/Hawthorn

Most of those things are conjecture. And you’re making assumptions about what Kelly will do based on them. The reality is that Kelly will have choices to make to support his family. That seems to be his primary motivation. At the end of the day money will talk.

Most of those things are conjecture. And you’re making assumptions about what Kelly will do based on them. The reality is that Kelly will have choices to make to support his family. That seems to be his primary motivation. At the end of the day money will talk.

Most of those things are discussed weekly by independent commentators and are not conjecture at all. Go read the Freo board and their own views on their own club. They are not happy and not just about last night.

Reports out West is the Eagles $s offered is higher than Freo's. If Kelly gets to West Coast he will be very well looked after during and after football. Plus he would have a much higher chance of success on field.

As I said Saints v Collingwood/Hawks.

Most of those things are discussed weekly by independent commentators and are not conjecture at all. Go read the Freo board and their own views on their own club. They are not happy and not just about last night.

Reports out West is the Eagles $s offered is higher than Freo's. If Kelly gets to West Coast he will be very well looked after during and after football. Plus he would have a much higher chance of success on field.

As I said Saints v Collingwood/Hawks.

Can anyone name me one player who has been traded in by Freo as a gun from another club, that has actually gone on and been as good (or better) than they were at there though old club?

Not surprised Kelly would rather West Coast. No one wants to end up the next Des Headland.

If his only motivation is team success then he’d just stay at the Cats, but obviously it’s not.
West Coast look the goods for a long time.
Watching him last night was interesting, his disposal from contested situations is outstanding. He only needs half a second to sum up the right option and execute, you can't teach it.

He's worth two first rounders. Easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone name me one player who has been traded in by Freo as a gun from another club, that has actually gone on and been as good (or better) than they were at there though old club?

Not surprised Kelly would rather West Coast. No one wants to end up the next Des Headland.

There haven’t been many, but Peter bell is definitely one (when traded from kangaroos).

West Coast look the goods for a long time.
Watching him last night was interesting, his disposal from contested situations is outstanding. He only needs half a second to sum up the right option and execute, you can't teach it.

He's worth two first rounders. Easily.

Someone must have taught him to kick as times it's sloppy and inconsistent .

Brad Hill

I’d value Hill as a first rounder, hence Hill plus their first for Kelly. Two first round picks.
Srs question - what if Kelly doesn't want to go to Freo hell nor hail water, as the saying goes? Surely as he's out of contract you can't force him to go to a Club he doesn't like. What happens then as his alternatives are West Coast, Freo or the pre-season draft from my understanding? Geelong could end up with nothing if the GFC make it too difficult.

Srs question - what if Kelly doesn't want to go to Freo hell nor hail water, as the saying goes? Surely as he's out of contract you can't force him to go to a Club he doesn't like. What happens then as his alternatives are West Coast, Freo or the pre-season draft from my understanding? Geelong could end up with nothing if the GFC make it too difficult.

...well obviously the money being offered isn't enough then.

The almighty dollar has tremendous persuasive powers.

As a neutral said, WC offer first round + next years first and Kelly goes to them. It's not a win for us but that's the breaks.

Srs question - what if Kelly doesn't want to go to Freo hell nor hail water, as the saying goes?
That’s not how the saying goes.

And a trade will be done. No one benefits form Kelly going in the draft. Geelong get nothing, WC get nothing and Kelly probably ends up somewhere he doesn’t want to be.

It might be an intense trade deal but I seriously doubt there's any chance he goes to the draft. Consider that after trade period closes he can still sign a 1 year deal to stay at the cats in the lead up to the draft. I give it one phone call from gold coast post trade period and he signs on for another year at the cattery. There's too much risk for all parties if he goes to the draft. It's not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back