Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still think our 2019 and 2020 first rounders is about right.

I don’t think we will be up to too much else this offseason.
I think that's about rite. You guys will be around the mark again next year, so next year 1st round be around mid to late teens.
West Coast get TK, Cats get this year's and next year's Round 1s picks.

Last edited:
I think it says a lot about Geelong when a lot of west coast supporters would rather see Kelly go to Freo for free than pay overs for him.
I think it says a lot about how clueless West Coast supporters are. Want a quality player for next to nothing. Abuse anyone who makes a logical point with some of the stupidest rubbish in big footy history if they disagree. Go on counter logical rants like 'even though a player improves a ton and apparently his value goes down because his contracted ok.' Um no.

When Elliot Yeo had his breakout season in 2017 where he emerged as an elite player would his value have gone up that year contracted or not? Im pretty sure the answer is yes. So when a player emerges like Kelly did this year from decent player to gun the same rise in value applies. Back in reality Kelly was a match winner multiple times in 2019, because he wins the ball in the contest and in damaging positions, while being able to run all day. HIs year was at least the equal of Shuey. Try telling West Coast supporters that Shuey is worth a couple of non first round picks. West Coast fans dont get even the basic of trading. Hence, replies like 'how he played in 2019 doesnt matter he's not contracted ok?'. Players dont ever improve apparently after their second year either, because they just dont apparently. (according to WC fans.)

I think it says a lot about how clueless West Coast supporters are. Want a quality player for next to nothing. Abuse anyone who makes a logical point with some of the stupidest rubbish in big footy history if they disagree. Go on counter logical rants like 'even though a player improves a ton and apparently his value goes down because his contracted ok.' Um no.

When Elliot Yeo had his breakout season in 2017 where he emerged as an elite player would his value have gone up that year contracted or not? Im pretty sure the answer is yes. So when a player emerges like Kelly did this year from decent player to gun the same rise in value applies. Back in reality Kelly was a match winner multiple times in 2019, because he wins the ball in the contest and in damaging positions, while being able to run all day. HIs year was at least the equal of Shuey. Try telling West Coast supporters that Shuey is worth a couple of non first round picks. West Coast fans dont get even the basic of trading. Hence, replies like 'how he played in 2019 doesnt matter he's not contracted ok?'. Players dont ever improve apparently after their second year either, because they just dont apparently. (according to WC fans.)
No, 14 and 22 is not next to nothing. Don't be ridiculous.

Clearly you have no idea how negotiations work, nor do you understand leverage.

The fact that he is uncontracted matters A LOT.

You won't be swindled, but you won't get overs.

It's really simple, Tim Kelly can nominate either West Coast or Fremantle, he has the right to that. Ultimately, Geelong will only trade him for what they see as the best deal, if he nominates West Coast, but Fremantle offer a better deal for Geelong, then they have every right to pursue Fremantle's offer. Same goes for if he nominated Fremantle, if West Coast offer a better deal, Geelong deal with them. Players can nominate clubs, but clubs have the right to make deals that benefit them.
No, no they don't. Please give examples supporting this, in last 5 years of trading, where a player has been told where to go by their old club.

No, 14 and 22 is not next to nothing. Don't be ridiculous.

Clearly you have no idea how negotiations work, nor do you understand leverage.

The fact that he is uncontracted matters A LOT.

You won't be swindled, but you won't get overs.
That why Lever went for two firsts and a second coming back when uncontracted after improving a ton in one season.. You dont have near the leverage you think. Kelly can still sign a huge contract where he has the option to leave every year like gaff at Geelong if no trade is reached. There's a heap of his family that's moved to Geelong to help already. Picks in the mid teens have way less value than 1 guaranteed top 6 pick. Pick 14 (will be at least 15 with GC compo pick likely and possibly higher) and 22 miles off being miles off. West Coast fans dont get even the basics of trading.ill give you 14 and 22 for an uncontracted Yeo? Deal? He used to support Freo. Im not a geelong supporter Im a freo supporter btw.

Last edited:
Um yep. Im a freo supporter. That why Lever went for two firsts and a second coming back when uncontracted after improving a ton in one season.. You dont have near the leverage you think. Kelly can still sign a huge contract where he has the option to leave every year like gaff. There's a heap of his family that's moved to Geelong to help already. Picks in the mid teens have way less value than 1 guaranteed top 6 pick. Pick 14 and 22 miles off being miles off. West Coast fans dont get trading.
Yeah sure, if staying in Geelong is a legitimate reality then leverage is far less, but under the assumption he requests a trade home to west coast only, then it matters a lot.

Why do you think you got pick 2 for Weller? Because he was contracted and that's what it required to prize him away from you. There is no way he goes for that pick as an uncontracted player.

Geelong knew they weren't going to get enough for him last year, and wisely held him to his contract as that value to Geelong of retaining an A grade player on peanuts for another year was more valuable to them.

That why Lever went for two firsts and a second coming back when uncontracted after improving a ton in one season.. You dont have near the leverage you think. Kelly can still sign a huge contract where he has the option to leave every year like gaff at Geelong if no trade is reached. There's a heap of his family that's moved to Geelong to help already. Picks in the mid teens have way less value than 1 guaranteed top 6 pick. Pick 14 (will be at least 15 with GC compo pick likely and possibly higher) and 22 miles off being miles off. West Coast fans dont get even the basics of trading.ill give you 14 and 22 for an uncontracted Yeo? Deal? He used to support Freo. Im not a geelong supporter Im a freo supporter btw.
What's his price at the trade table then?

Two first rounders with a second coming back to West Coast. The first rounder this year in a place where Geelong thinks they will get a good shot at a good player so likely in the top 11 at least. West Coast will need to trade up their first pick in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying Tim is to blame..? He signed up to play.

Or did you say the same thing when GAJ asked to be traded to Geelong because his sister was ill?

No I definitely didn’t say Tim is to blame. I don’t know how any person with even the slightest bit of intelligence could interpret my words that way....

Yes I said the same thing with Ablett; he was traded back to Geelong while under contract. Ablett and kelly both had extenuating circumstances that required a trade. Some people tend to think these footballers don’t have a life outside of football.

Shouldn’t have put himself in the draft knowing he could end up anywhere in Australia, would you apply for a job knowing you could end up away from your family? No I didn’t think so.

And he nominated WC only, not Freo. How bad did he want to get home?

The majority of players only nominate one club these days; that argument you make is very weak and hypocritical.

I believe when he nominated for the draft that his kids weren’t ill, they were diagnosed after the draft? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Or perhaps he and his family thought he could cope interstate at the time he nominated, but found it to be much more difficult than he thought.

It’s very simple; he requires a trade due to family reasons. It’s happened many times before, and it will happen many times again in the future. You’ve had danger and Ablett return for these reasons, now you’re gonna lose Tim. It goes both ways...

Last edited:

Go read some of the tripe Geelong posters have posted on here.

See you in a month.

Go read some of the tripe Geelong posters have posted on here.

See you in a month.
Give up. Single handedly you've posted more rubbish than ive read in any afl forum on here ever. Geelong fans do at least get the notion that players value represents their recent form. Tim Kelly won games for Geelong in his second year. Hence his Brownlow odds and also hence how clueless the WC fans have been in this thread.

Last edited:
No. In fairness though, GAJ wasn't facing the same situation though was he. Do you know anything about Autism and how hard it would be having newborn twins on top of that?

No he just had his sister who was suicidal. Silly to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not that fluctuations in form will make much difference as both clubs already have a sense of his value, but if his finish to the season was so good, why has he dropped from Brownlow favourite at the break to fifth or lower?
He was still playing well. You do realize how ridiculous it is to say a Brownlow favourite at Round 20 is worth a couple of picks that after the likely compensations and bids wont be at least pick 17 (if they lose this week) and 26ish by my estimates in the actual draft. That's taking into account Gold Coast compensation is likely and with both Green and Carter requiring bids before WC's first pick.

Isn't there an agreement between West Coast and Freo that once a player nominates a team the other steps away? Pretty sure West Coast didn't try and get involved with mcCarthy/wilson/hogan/lobb As all nominated Freo.
That aside:
If a player refused to go to WCE and only Freo and preferred to stay at their current club, I as sure as he'll wouldn't want him anywhere near WCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back