• Fair for both Clubs

Votes: 52 70.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Chris Judd. The Carlton fans thought that they had a Premiership in the making. Worked out well.

They did combined with Kreuzer as a dominant ruck. They were better but like Danger to us we need more pieces of the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remember Chris Judd. The Carlton fans thought that they had a Premiership in the making. Worked out well.
Carlton were still in the midst of a significant rebuilding phase when Judd came in, having spent the last 3 years in the bottom 2. While it was felt that Judd would contribute to their build towards a premiership assault going forward, when a build is at that early on it's hard to tell how it will eventuate or what Judd's contribution would ultimately look like. WCE are, conversely, a proven entity who won a flag a year ago and were one stuff-up away from top 4 this year. It's much easier to see how Kelly's addition will improve their premiership prospects, though nothing is guaranteed of course.

Somewhat.

RECENT History has shown that whenever SUPERSTARS leave a club, the team they go to does NOT win a flag.]
Buckley to Pieland
Judd to Carlton.
Buddy to Swans
GAJ to GC
Danger to Geelong
Are you trying to say super-duper stars aren't all that.

Last edited:
Lynch to Richmond ?
Superstar, like nearly the #1 player in the comp.
Lynch is very good, but not at that level. Those 3 were arguably #1 in the comp at the times they left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RECENT History has shown that whenever SUPERSTARS leave a club, the team they go to does NOT win a flag.]
Buckley to Pieland
Judd to Carlton.
Buddy to Swans
GAJ to GC

One missed was that chap from Adelaide who went to sydney. Can’t remember his name but he was a big deal at adel but went to syd controversially but was a flop.

One missed was that chap from Adelaide who went to sydney. Can’t remember his name but he was a big deal at adel but went to syd controversially but was a flop.

Tippett.

Carlton were still in the midst of a significant rebuilding phase when Judd came in, having spent the last 3 years in the bottom 2. While it was felt that Judd would contribute to their build towards a premiership assault going forward, when a build is at that early on it's hard to tell how it will eventuate or what Judd's contribution would ultimately look like. WCE are, conversely, a proven entity who won a flag a year ago and were one stuff-up away from top 4 this year. It's much easier to see how Kelly's addition will improve their premiership prospects, though nothing is guaranteed of course.

The problem with alot of commentators and even posters on Big Footy - is they generalize in that if you miss out on the ultimate - the flag - then you are just dismissed like you missed by a million miles - even if you go close - eg Geel this year - if Cats had kicked accurately in the 2nd qtr against Tigers then they would be premiers

But you go back to 2011 when W/Coast played Carl in that final at Subiaco ( the winner to play Cats in prelim ) i was sweating on that game - and barracking hard for the Eagles - because i reckon -( and i dont care what anyone says ) Carlton would have troubled Geel in that prelim . In 2009 and 2010 the Blues had easily beaten the Cats in the 2 games at the MCG - they had those quick little blokes which worried Geel for pace . And they also had Judd who was right at his peak - and on the big MCG against Geel - he was unplayable, Ling couldnt keep up with him - in fact in one game they tried Joel Selwood as a stopper( and im a huge J Selwood fan ) but Judd absolutely killed him - in fact i think it was Selwoods worse game in his career by a mile . It was like what Danger did to Yeo in that final qtr in that final this year - but Judd did it for 4 qtrs against Joel

So Carlton wernt too far away in 2011 with Judd at his peak - but like i say if you miss out on the flag in AFL - you might as well finish 17th because you get no credit whatsoever you are just dismissed

The problem with alot of commentators and even posters on Big Footy - is they generalize in that if you miss out on the ultimate - the flag - then you are just dismissed like you missed by a million miles - even if you go close - eg Geel this year - if Cats had kicked accurately in the 2nd qtr against Tigers then they would be premiers

But you go back to 2011 when W/Coast played Carl in that final at Subiaco ( the winner to play Cats in prelim ) i was sweating on that game - and barracking hard for the Eagles - because i reckon -( and i dont care what anyone says ) Carlton would have troubled Geel in that prelim . In 2009 and 2010 the Blues had easily beaten the Cats in the 2 games at the MCG - they had those quick little blokes which worried Geel for pace . And they also had Judd who was right at his peak - and on the big MCG against Geel - he was unplayable, Ling couldnt keep up with him - in fact in one game they tried Joel Selwood as a stopper( and im a huge J Selwood fan ) but Judd absolutely killed him - in fact i think it was Selwoods worse game in his career by a mile . It was like what Danger did to Yeo in that final qtr in that final this year - but Judd did it for 4 qtrs against Joel

So Carlton wernt too far away in 2011 with Judd at his peak - but like i say if you miss out on the flag in AFL - you might as well finish 17th because you get no credit whatsoever you are just dismissed
Great post.
I had similar happiness when NM eliminated Hawks in 07. I reckon they could have caused trouble for even us in that finals series.

Can someone refresh my memory on what WC offered last year for Kelly? Seem to recall it was two picks in the 20s

I never thought I'd see the day where the Hawthorn and Main BG board were less censorious and thin-skinned than the Geelong one. Some Hawthorn mod flog always deletes my post on the main board at the slightest criticism (not trolling just sharing unflattering views of Hawthorn or else I would get warning or points which I don't) of his beloved piss and poos and it's why I seldom bother frequenting BF as I realise it's not a democracy and the site owner allows his favourite mod pets to run amok and operate however they damn like with no accountability what-so-ever.

Nothing I wrote in the deleted post was defamatory or offensive in any way, pretty much all of it was factual to be honest and maybe that's why it was deleted as truth hurts as they say.

Kelly is not even a Geelong player anymore so it amuses me to no end that a now rival turncoat is deserving of this much protection. Whatever suit yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back