• Fair for both Clubs

Votes: 52 70.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s too early to say. It could be. But we aren’t entitled to win these trades just because we are the traders and we were never going to keep TK. We could get that top 10 or we could end up with two Clarke quality picks. But Wells has his eye on a particular player. Probably won’t get them but who knows. A week to go or on draft night.

The Ablett compo lead to Caddy who lead to Parfitt. A win over Caddy who was a Balme lead dud. But for Ablett we didn’t get pick 1-3 which we should have. We gave them a Brownlow medallist for gods sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Caddy has 2 premierships so was not that bad.

I wouldn't pay him a cent either....also pigs ass he isn't getting paid, probably on West Coasts cap.

I wouldn't pay him a cent either....also pigs ass he isn't getting paid, probably on West Coasts cap.

Probably why he pushed west coast and nothing else. Had to be something in it for him. Scumbag.

Just to be clear, I am poking fun at the fact that people keep contending we did well because we turned pick 24 into some better picks years later, as if that at all means anything. Regardless of the details, we did that in the Ablett deal too, but few Geelong supporters would have accepted any picks willingly for Ablett at the time. It's not my point to compare quality of the deals; it's that the whole "Wow, good for us. We made pick 24 into picks x, y, z" comments I keep hearing are silly, and it's now how things work. When you have a quality player, your job is to not make up what they cost at the trade table; it's to hold on or maximize value. Geelong didn't really do that bu not getting a single top 10 pick, decent player, etc. Improving on draft position from two years ago means absolutely, entirely nothing.

Pick 24 was 785 points.

That was traded for
14 - 1161 points
24 - 785
37 - 483

2020 Rd 1 from WC - assed at pick 16 giving them a top 3 finish in 2020 - 1067 points.

That is 2711 points increase in his "points" value from his draft ( I didnt count the pick 24 we got as he cost that to begin with). \
That 2711 points total is more than a #2 overall pick in totality. Of course, it is not a #2 pick and im not contenting that is it.

You dont consider that mazimising value by your own metrics?

Id suggest its maximising value bsed on what we could get for an OOC player that had desires to return home. Crows got less for PFD comparing apples to apples. We paid less for PFD and got more for TK.

GO Catters

Wow, congrats on beating up on Gold Coast; who was tagging him?
Doesnt matter. You asked the question about a heavy tag. Didnt say you were grading tags on quality. He had a heavy tag all game. Was our best player. All our other players were also playing gold coast that day. Kelly was better then all of them despite being tagged.

Doesnt matter. You asked the question about a heavy tag. Didnt say you were grading tags on quality. He had a heavy tag all game. Was our best player. All our other players were also playing gold coast that day. Kelly was better then all of them despite being tagged.
Yeah he did play really well, can you show me the hard tag for the whole game?

You know what it doesn't matter, we all know he's a great player, but my opinion on him has not changed one bit.

Parfitt has been in system three years. Caddy getting on towards a decade, Parfitt has shown more rated year but year than caddy. I can barely remember Caddy, especially that Geelong media gumf from ‘16 calling him grunt. The perfect moment to describe him was HT’s pass to him where he was out the back in the ‘16 QF.

Prefer Parfitt over him any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Parfitt works hard at the ball.

Caddy cruised along at Geelong, and made cameo appearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per last Thursday - I highly recommend all take note

Comments on Kelly's partner and posts on his children's condition stop right here. Everyone has had their say.....the Kelly's have moved on...

So should we

Probably why he pushed west coast and nothing else. Had to be something in it for him. Scumbag.

I'm no fan of this guy either - seems inept and not very media savvy for a Player Manager. But he did get the job done - finally
However he is well healed financially and has known TK since his early playing days - it's possible he's got empathy for the family and is genuine in his motives. Not everyone out there is a charlatan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back