Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I know you're someone who wants to continue the pissing contest but it's pathetic.

In fairness, when I suggested the price of Kelly as 3,000 points I was pretty heavily criticised. Not one eagles supporter out there put there hand up to admit they were wrong though.

There must have been 100 posts a week for two years by Scotland making it impossible tokeep up with this thread. And the shite he was spouting was a mile off.

This is what I posted before trade week. Scotland wasn't too happy and I was duly rediculed by WCE fans. What are your thoughts now Scotland? was my prediction accurate or delusional as you suggested?

I sed:

If points suddenly matter Brisbane paid 2,277 points for Neale, valuing him between pick 3 and 4 on the AFL's scale. WC's pick 14 + 24 + 33 is 2,509 points. WC's pick 14 + future first is anywhere from 2,146 to 4,161. WC's 14 + 24 + 33 + future first is a minimum 3,494. I would not be banking on getting that. The 3 2019 picks or the two firsts would be an excellent return given the s**t sandwich of circumstances.

If you want to self congratulate knock yourself out. Players are practically never traded for stacks of draft picks adding up to lots of points.

I don't think we used our bargaining position well but given the trade was the first lodged then clearly that wasn't a priority. It's done.

In fairness, when I suggested the price of Kelly as 3,000 points I was pretty heavily criticised. Not one eagles supporter out there put there hand up to admit they were wrong though.

There must have been 100 posts a week for two years by Scotland making it impossible tokeep up with this thread. And the shite he was spouting was a mile off.
A lot of rubbish spouted both side, I agree. Fun on Bay 13 but this thread's long seen its end.

We may have overpayed a little but we've given ourselves a chance while we're thereabouts in the competition . Not trading any players out was a bonus .

Hoping Geelong pick up TK 's relative WA 18s Elijah Taylor with one of their picks this draft ...that would be so funny . Won't happen though surely !!

Last edited:
At least not for the absolute garbage West Coast offered.

That's pretty funny.

The picks we ended up trading for Kelly this year were being called garbage as well. End of the day was there that much difference?

2018 two picks in the 20's, one that was turned into two 2nds plus the 2019 2nd pick 33.

Ended up paying 14 that will end up 16, 24 that will end up 27, 33 plus our 2020 1st (20ish after all the nga bids) with two 3rds going back.

So 20, 21 and 33 versus 16, 27, 33 and 2020 20ish for Kelly and two 3rds.

The two 3rds coming back net off the 33, Eagles will likely use these two 3rds to help move back up the order this year or next year.

So the net effect is the Cats get 2019 16 + 27 + 2020 pick 18/20 in a heavily compromised draft.

Versus 20, 21 and 37 which was offered in 2018.

Really not that far apart all those "garbage" picks.

Eagles fans no longer like the pissing contest since they clearly lost it. A number of us spent hours in these kelly forums over the past 2 years. Let the winners gloat.

LOL. Clearly?

So you already know how the picks will turn out over the next 6 years?

No you don't know.

But the Eagles know what quality they traded in and paid slight overs for it. In net effect it cost them 2019 16 + 27 + 2020 1st (18/20) in a heavily compromised draft.

Yes they traded out 33 but got two 3rds back which will likely be used this year or next to move back around 33.

You can come back and gloat in another 2-3 years when we actually have an idea. We only just determined who won the Judd trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If by 'steal' you mean hand over 2x 1st & 2x 2nd round picks, then I'm sure something can be worked out. Any chance he might slip to 46 though? 🤣
Yeah why take a chance on first year draftees when you can get them back after you know what they can deliver. Picks are over rated when you can get them back after development.

LOL. Clearly?

So you already know how the picks will turn out over the next 6 years?

No you don't know.

But the Eagles know what quality they traded in and paid slight overs for it. In net effect it cost them 2019 16 + 27 + 2020 1st (18/20) in a heavily compromised draft.

Yes they traded out 33 but got two 3rds back which will likely be used this year or next to move back around 33.

You can come back and gloat in another 2-3 years when we actually have an idea. We only just determined who won the Judd trade.
Dont have to know how they will turn out. This has always been a discussion about what he is worth in draft picks/players. Not whether the draft picks used by geelong will be better then him. Most geelong fans have argued he is worth good draft picks cos he is such a gun player. We arent going to turn around and say he is sh** we will extract more. Cos he aint. That would make us hypocrites.

The real question is who Geelong are picking up with their two top ten™ draft picks netted in the Kelly trade?

That's pretty funny.

The picks we ended up trading for Kelly this year were being called garbage as well. End of the day was there that much difference?

2018 two picks in the 20's, one that was turned into two 2nds plus the 2019 2nd pick 33.

Ended up paying 14 that will end up 16, 24 that will end up 27, 33 plus our 2020 1st (20ish after all the nga bids) with two 3rds going back.

So 20, 21 and 33 versus 16, 27, 33 and 2020 20ish for Kelly and two 3rds.

The two 3rds coming back net off the 33, Eagles will likely use these two 3rds to help move back up the order this year or next year.

So the net effect is the Cats get 2019 16 + 27 + 2020 pick 18/20 in a heavily compromised draft.

Versus 20, 21 and 37 which was offered in 2018.

Really not that far apart all those "garbage" picks.

Which makes it weird West Coast didn’t offer more in 2018.

Probably should have done that to be honest. Would have won a flag.

2019 eagles would of been premiers if they had tim kelly. Just needed to offer one decent mid first rounder last year.

It was sweet justice that geelong with tim kelly put the nail in their coffin.

We didn't have one.

Tends to happen when you win a flag that your first round pick is s**t.

How did Geelong go in the Grand Final?

We didn't have one.

Tends to happen when you win a flag that your first round pick is s**t.

How did Geelong go in the Grand Final?
Didnt have top 10 picks this year either. But you figured out how to get us equivalent value. You should of done it last year. Last year you could of also given us this years first rounder on top of those twenty picks. We ended up with it anyway.

According to that article with Chris Scott in the USA, all the Eagles needed to do to get the trade over the line last year was add the future 2nd on top of those two 20 picks. Media were reporting future first at the time but it was even worse than what were led to believe. Wells was bending over backwards, WCE failed to take advantage, and boy did it cost them.

Dunno why Geelong fans are so bullish about this. Do you guys prefer the host of picks we gave or Tim Kelly on your list for 2020?
Keeping Tim was never an option this year now that he was out of contract. There's just a small whiff of satisfaction that a few WCE supporters on this website were absolutely certain we were going to receive far less than offered up last year, and any potential trade put forward in this and the previous thread by Geelong supporters were routinely scoffed at unless they were heavily in favour of West Coast and their newfound bargaining position. 14 + 22 was deemed overs by some of the more prominent posters. Everyone loves to see know-it-alls get exposed as plonkers, let's be honest.

Back