Rumour Busted Tim Kelly will be an Eagle next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Your coach created a clip about the adventures of Little Boris. Sometimes people do dumb things.

What 'most' people think outside of Freo is not only irrelevant but factually incorrect. We have had 6 people from other clubs come to our club in the last 2 years. Multiple contract extensions to key players and lost who exactly? Weller (massive offer from Gold Coach and we reaped the benefits) and Crozier. We have also had Mzungu and Morabito come back to our club in other roles despite being moved on in their careers. Seems like we do look after our own too.

A recent survey of the AFL coaches surprised me in that Lyon was still seen as the second best game day coach by his peers. Adam Simpson wasn't listed in the top 7... so no idea where he fell. Probably didn't get a vote.

So really your opinion as a West Coast supporter is somewhat clouded when you're surrounded by like minded numpties at the weekend BBQ.

You probably buy the crap Gaff and Simpson where saying too about trying to push Brayshaw's stomach... I mean chest. Oh but he's a good bloke... he really is. Knob.

At least you have great support with Nisbett. If you need anything covered up he's your man.

No I wanted gaff to get 6-8 ..was a thug act

Ross Lyon defended his players too ...all coaches do

We don't know exactly what Lyon did, so I am not going to judge him on a guess.

I'll trust the board to do the right thing as I really have no other choice.

Well anyone pays 100 thousands bucks to someone clearly is feeling guilty

Seriously who pays that amount of coin to make a problem go away

Bikies maybe .....good people face up to their mistakes not pay 100k to make it go away

Seriously dude harden up

Freo can’t get anyone ...could not get McGovern ...won’t get Kelly

Ross Lyon is your problem.

McGovern showed 'loyalty' by agreeing to a 5 year 1.2 million per season deal. Like most big name players do in their careers.

I doubt we'll get Kelly either.

Bikies maybe .....good people face up to their mistakes not pay 100k to make it go away
Yeah that's great but you are still guessing on the details.

I am not lynching anyone without the known, correct information. We don't have that. Not sure I can make that clearer.

I'm disappointed that we didn't just get 10 character witness testimonies instead of paying the alledged $100k. It was first reported as 5 figures, but such is media that it has been driven to $100k. Give it 10 years and it'll be $500k and she was built a new house by Alcock.

Gaff almost certain to come home to Victoria. Kelly's family is home sick, he's a West Aussie and the Eagles are a far stronger, more successful club than the Fremantle Dockers, It makes sense. The Eagles have reportedly offered him 1.5 mil a season.

As much as I want him at Geelong for his outstanding talent, I think he's out the cattery and at the Eagles Nest in 2019. I think this guy could win a brownlow if he remains healthy. Would spew if he leaves but that's the game.
Before we get too down in the dumps about Kelly, i wonder how much of his good performance this season is due to who he is playing alongside?
He doesn't get tagged ahead of Danger, Selwood, Ablett or Duncan. He's the 5th cherry on the tree! If he goes to the Eagles he will be a marked man, he may not go so well at all? From all i've heard he loves playing with the guys down at Geelong and the club has given him a career. The Eagles will have to give up plenty in order to get him back, (their compensation pick for Gaff or persuade Gaff to choose Geelong?) he also has no affiliation footy wise to either WA teams, he grew up barracking for Carlton. If he returns to WA it is purely for family reasons, my view is you are a long time retired and his best chance of securing his footy and financial future is another five years at the cattery. I hope he stays, but i don't blame him if he goes!

He paid the money we know that
The club paid some amount of money. We don't know much more than that.

If you have ever worked in large corporate environments you will know that is not uncommon. It is entirely possible that their is something genuinely shady involved and it is also entirely possibly it is something mundane. Without know the details of the incident and the amount, I am not judging.

Not stopping you from hating on the guy but you aren't dragging me along without more information.

The club paid some amount of money. We don't know much more than that.

If you have ever worked in large corporate environments you will know that is not uncommon. It is entirely possible that their is something genuinely shady involved and it is also entirely possibly it is something mundane. Without know the details of the incident and the amount, I am not judging.

Not stopping you from hating on the guy but you aren't dragging me along without more information.

We know it was more than a 100k

Ok good luck with Lyon ....enjoy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before we get too down in the dumps about Kelly, i wonder how much of his good performance this season is due to who he is playing alongside?
He doesn't get tagged ahead of Danger, Selwood, Ablett or Duncan. He's the 5th cherry on the tree! If he goes to the Eagles he will be a marked man, he may not go so well at all? From all i've heard he loves playing with the guys down at Geelong and the club has given him a career. The Eagles will have to give up plenty in order to get him back, (their compensation pick for Gaff or persuade Gaff to choose Geelong?) he also has no affiliation footy wise to either WA teams, he grew up barracking for Carlton. If he returns to WA it is purely for family reasons, my view is you are a long time retired and his best chance of securing his footy and financial future is another five years at the cattery. I hope he stays, but i don't blame him if he goes!

Agree but geez yeo, Shuey aren’t bad ...he would do ok here

West coast are in the flag window .....he would go to them

You wouldn't trade a pick around 15-18 for him? You are kidding!

If we only get a late round 1 pick for Kelly, I will vomit. That would be an absolute disgrace on Geelong's list management team if they were to let that happen. We should be driving hard for a very hard for a top 5 pick, however WC manages to acquire such a pick. He's 23, has played 1 season and is looking like an absolute superstar.

If we only get a late round 1 pick for Kelly, I will vomit. That would be an absolute disgrace on Geelong's list management team if they were to let that happen. We should be driving hard for a very hard for a top 5 pick, however WC manages to acquire such a pick. He's 23, has played 1 season and is looking like an absolute superstar.
Keep dreaming

Are you serious?

Agree but geez yeo, Shuey aren’t bad ...he would do ok here

West coast are in the flag window .....he would go to them
Not bad, but does the opposition pay as much attention to them as Danger Selwood and Ablett? Kelly will be number 1 or 2 at West Coast. In any case the Eagles will have to find a first round pick from somewhere, he's no longer a pick 23!

You are more miles of the mark thinking going to get him for a pick 20 type trade. He is closer than you to reality. Wake up mate.

WCE are far too smart to overpay for kelly, no way they would give up a top 5 pick.

Carlton on the other hand.... yeah, your recruiters would be stupid enough to overpay. How’s blaine boekhorst going??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back