Rumour Busted Tim Kelly will be an Eagle next season

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly i agree.
So let’s all just move on....

If WCE seriously wanted Kelly, they’d find a way. Fact is, once Gaff recommitted to the club WCE lost interest in Kelly, but having made representations to Kelly, the club finds itself in a difficult corner.

Moral of the story? Don’t count your eggs until they’re hatched

I think you may be referring to Jarrod Brander? Vozzo et al were pretty unequivocal about not trading him.

He slipped to our first pick (13?) last year and is a tall forward / back, who along with Oscar Allen are seen as the future of our forward line. He's also contracted until 2021 and I can't see him going anywhere.

He also happened to be a WC supporter growing up, but is from Geelong, so I suppose that's why his name was thrown up.
That is my understanding- not someone WC are willing to trade. Why draft at 13 and trade a year later?

Kelly to WC - see you next year.

I have never attacked you personally and luckily for you, I don't report for personal attacks on me either!

How sensitive can you be to take offence to that? You have gone on long winded rants about how Tim Kelly is literally the shittest bloke to ever wander the planet, a selfish individual, and a flog. I can honestly say I've never seen fans hold that kind of contempt for their own players, this is a first for me.

It's a good thing to know you hate personal attacks.

LOL comprehension is a serious problem for you.<_<

How sensitive can you be to take offence to that? You have gone on long winded rants about how Tim Kelly is literally the shittest bloke to ever wander the planet, a selfish individual, and a flog. I can honestly say I've never seen fans hold that kind of contempt for their own players, this is a first for me.
It's a good thing to know you hate personal attacks.
I never suggested that you were this that or the other, I mentioned that Godfather32 had an issue with comprehension coz he misrepresented my post. If you went back and looked at what was said, you were the one asking me if I thought Kelly was a flog. I never came out and attacked him but when asked the question, I had to agree with all indicators that pointed him in that direction.

Last edited:
Gaff almost certain to come home to Victoria. Kelly's family is home sick, he's a West Aussie and the Eagles are a far stronger, more successful club than the Fremantle Dockers, It makes sense. The Eagles have reportedly offered him 1.5 mil a season.

As much as I want him at Geelong for his outstanding talent, I think he's out the cattery and at the Eagles Nest in 2019. I think this guy could win a brownlow if he remains healthy. Would spew if he leaves but that's the game.
Stop predicting s**t dumb ass.

How long until this gets the 'busted' tag?

FFS it'll happen.

You could be best mates with a player at Gold Coast who says how keen Port are on him, how it's all agreed, it's done on every level and then it falls through because the Power got someone they didn't expect to.

'The Kelly trade didn't happen!!!! busted!!!'

Family desperately wants to go home, he's apparently homesick, yet refuses to go one of the WA teams. Opportunity to come home and be with family was there and he turned it down. Blokes a selfish prick.
I think Geelong are selfish pricks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So let’s all just move on....

If WCE seriously wanted Kelly, they’d find a way. Fact is, once Gaff recommitted to the club WCE lost interest in Kelly, but having made representations to Kelly, the club finds itself in a difficult corner.

Moral of the story? Don’t count your eggs until they’re hatched

Yawn.

Geelong pushed the price into the unrealistic and did everything not to trade him.

As another poster said - wasted everyone's time. Hope he goes for peanuts next year.

Yawn.

Geelong pushed the price into the unrealistic and did everything not to trade him.

As another poster said - wasted everyone's time. Hope he goes for peanuts next year.

That's what you call a bucket of scraps is it? 2 extremely late picks not even one in the teens.

Dreamland stuff.
Worth a lot more than that now he in system and playing top level footy in midfield.

You are more miles of the mark thinking going to get him for a pick 20 type trade. He is closer than you to reality. Wake up mate.

think what you like but i don't agree.
If he wants to come to WC he'll get there, its just the way it seems to go in the AFL.

I agree think what you like and he will think what he likes. He will probably remain at Geelong.

Three months later he remains at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what you call a bucket of scraps is it? 2 extremely late picks not even one in the teens.
Pick 20 + 22 are extremely late? :drunk:

20 and 22 in a draft where the players from 10-30 are supposed to be very even, as well as a future 2nd is going to be far more than you'll get for him next year, but at least you get another year out of him just to bundle out of the finals in embarrassing fashion yet again :rolleyes:

Fremantle and Brisbane got the job done with Neal
Melbourne and Fremantle got the job done with Hogan
GWS and Essendon got the job done with Shiell

WCE is kidding it’s supporters and Tim Kelly. It never wanted a deal done to get Kelly, not once Gaff decided to stay.

Pick 20 + 22 are extremely late? :drunk:

20 and 22 in a draft where the players from 10-30 are supposed to be very even, as well as a future 2nd is going to be far more than you'll get for him next year, but at least you get another year out of him just to bundle out of the finals in embarrassing fashion yet again :rolleyes:

Exactly and Geelong only took him at pick 24, he's nowhere near a top 10-20 pick.

They think they're still in with a shot of the 2019 premiership despite finishing 8th and looking like a 12th-18th side throughout the seasoon. The free fall down the ladder and the resulting melts will be delicious to read next year :D.

Kelly may as well sit out 2019 and get ready for 2020 in his home state.

He's not

What did he achieve to become a top 10 pick ?

He's a runner with below average finishing skills.

Went missing in big games!

Wouldn't even waste 15, 35 or 53 on him.
You know what he achieved, but for others who may have forgotten:

AFLPA Best First Year Player (in a year of stellar candidates)
Runner up by half a point in the Geelong B&F
13 Brownlow votes

He's not

What did he achieve to become a top 10 pick ?

He's a runner with below average finishing skills.

Went missing in big games!

Wouldn't even waste 15, 35 or 53 on him.

His asking price was top 10 and his market value was actually pick 11. If he crashed into a wall or got hit up the arse that's what the AFL would pay us out.

Pick 15 lol? I saw the same people offering 300k for houses in Springvale and look at those people now. That's the path West Coast have put themselves on with these bucket of scraps offers.

You know what he achieved, but for others who may have forgotten:

AFLPA Best First Year Player (in a year of stellar candidates)
Runner up by half a point in the Geelong B&F
13 Brownlow votes

Well woop-de-doooooooooo

Nobody cares about club B&F wank-fests.
The brownlow carries about as much meaning as one of Robbo's Herald Sun columns.

He's only worth a 20-40 pick.

The fact that Geelong wouldn't let him go him is an absolute shambles. Karma will hit Geelong with a wooden spoon in 2019 :D

Well woop-de-doooooooooo

Nobody cares about club B&F wank-fests.
The brownlow carries about as much meaning as one of Robbo's Herald Sun columns.

He's only worth a 20-40 pick.

The fact that Geelong wouldn't let him go him is an absolute shambles. Karma will hit Geelong with a wooden spoon in 2019 :D
LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back