Rumour Busted Tim Kelly will be an Eagle next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle and Brisbane got the job done with Neal
Melbourne and Fremantle got the job done with Hogan
GWS and Essendon got the job done with Shiell

WCE is kidding it’s supporters and Tim Kelly. It never wanted a deal done to get Kelly, not once Gaff decided to stay.

Just have no idea how you can come to that conclusion, the Eagles offered well overs for him.
Now I understand that Geelong have every right to set the price but it seems in the end it was Geelong who failed Tim Kelly here and now you have forced him to play with you and he simply is not going to be 100% with you.
Fremantle were not in play no matter what they offered and Geelong simply said we will not really negotiate to try and get you home. Don’t reckon Tim will be thinking to high of the club he is currently contracted to.
Anyway best wishes for 2019.

Well then too bad. Your offer wasn't reasonable.

As it turns out yes.
But you knew we didn’t have a top 10 pick and were still telling atim you were trying for him which you weren’t.
No issue as that’s the game but don’t try and make it sound like you were looking out for Tim Kelly.
Now you got him not invested in your club. He will be more pissed off with Geelong than anyone.

Not really rumour busted. He wanted to be an Eagle, the trade couldn't get done, but the rumour all year that he wanted to go home ended up being confirmed true.

It was reasonable, in fact it was more than reasonable. But Geelong wanted exceptional.

Which was their right, of course.
As it turns out yes.
But you knew we didn’t have a top 10 pick and were still telling atim you were trying for him which you weren’t.
No issue as that’s the game but don’t try and make it sound like you were looking out for Tim Kelly.
Now you got him not invested in your club. He will be more pissed off with Geelong than anyone.
Does it really matter if he is pissed off at Geelong? He finally gets drafted and decides to leave after a year. Says he is only doing it as he wants to go home, but refuses to deal with any club other than West Coast, despite Fremantle being a team who could have repaid Geelongs faith in him.
So a mature aged first year player requests to be drafted to the least likely team in the comp to need him and has not a lot to trade for him.
If he is pissed off that it didn't come off, he is going to have a very angry life riddled with disappointments.

How sensitive can you be to take offence to that? You have gone on long winded rants about how Tim Kelly is literally the shittest bloke to ever wander the planet, a selfish individual, and a flog. I can honestly say I've never seen fans hold that kind of contempt for their own players, this is a first for me.
It's a good thing to know you hate personal attacks.
Umm going back over the posts, trying to find this ...I dun have such a good memory and am a bit lazy when digging up old posts but it appears that you just like to make up lies and fabricate things coz I never made any 'long winded rants' about Tim Kelly to suggest he was anywhere near 'the shittest bloke to ever wander the planet'. You should retract that post and apologize tbh!

Last edited:
Bottom line is, he wanted to get to WC and forever reason it never happened.

Kelly said he would happily play the year out for Geelong if a deal couldn't get done.

The blame game continuing is pretty pointless.
It's done.

Time to move on methinks.

Should the new thread title be, Do Geelong match the West Coast Eagles free agency offer to Tim Kelly next season and force them into another trade situation?
Unless the contract is very lucrative and it looks like Geelong will get a great compensation pick I think a matched offer is likely and we'll go around again

Should the new thread title be, Do Geelong match the West Coast Eagles free agency offer to Tim Kelly next season and force them into another trade situation?
Unless the contract is very lucrative and it looks like Geelong will get a great compensation pick I think a matched offer is likely and we'll go around again

No. Because he won't be a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have no idea how you can come to that conclusion, the Eagles offered well overs for him.
Now I understand that Geelong have every right to set the price but it seems in the end it was Geelong who failed Tim Kelly here and now you have forced him to play with you and he simply is not going to be 100% with you.
Fremantle were not in play no matter what they offered and Geelong simply said we will not really negotiate to try and get you home. Don’t reckon Tim will be thinking to high of the club he is currently contracted to.
Anyway best wishes for 2019.
Geelong gave WC two options to get the deal done WC didn't want to do either but its Geelong's fault?

How would Tim be thinking of the side for the sixth time now hasn't done what was required to add him to their list do you think?

Umm going back over the posts, trying to find this ...I dun have such a good memory and am a bit lazy when digging up old posts but it appears that you just like to make up lies and fabricate things coz I never made any 'long winded rants' about Tim Kelly to suggest he was anywhere near 'the shittest bloke to ever wander the planet'. You should retract that post and apologize tbh!

You did call him a selfish individual and a flog. Apologies if a bit of mayo triggers you, I don't really know why every reply you give me involves you getting offended over something so minor and insignificant. It's pretty readily apparent that you didn't actually say "Tim Kelly is the worst person on the planet I do declare".

My first post in this thread was about how Kelly was available in the draft for 5 years, and how he has travelled interstate to play for Geelong, pointing out that it was a pretty stock standard trade request. Your response was that I was "clutching at straws", and it was "absolute nonsense", something you've still yet to explain.

Then I simply pointed out that it was pretty standard for AFL players to choose a destination club, again you responded by calling Kelly selfish and a flog, and again by claiming I "lack logical reasoning", and it's at this time that you first started denying that you used the words "selfish" and "flog" (you did, the post is still there).

he either wants to make a decision in his family's best interests, or he wants to make a decision in his own selfish interests! ...there's only one way that he can make himself not look like a flog and that is to accept the Freo deal!

Proven flog if he rejects Freo deal!

Then you suggested that Kelly be paraded around the cat supporters on a weekly basis in order to:

remind them of how much of an embarrassment WA is!

Now, after being called out on the stuff you've said, you're back peddling and playing the role of offended poster, and hilariously demanding that I "retract that post and (sic) apologize!!!!" :'(:'(:'(. I've been pretty open in this whole discussion that Geelong should try to get the best deal possible for themselves, and if they can't, then Kelly will remain a Geelong player for one more year at least. You've been pretty consistent in your attacks on a player on your own list for making an extremely vanilla trade request.

How would Tim be thinking of the side for the sixth time now hasn't done what was required to add him to their list do you think?

Stop sprouting this 6th time thing, it is totally inaccurate and you know it.

2016 - so so, nowhere close to being considered for AFL, WAFL season.
2017 - very good WAFL season
2018 - into the AFL

If he has a 2 year contract and he wishes to move at the end of 2019, it is going to be another "shite fight" for the 2 clubs to decide his trade value. If he had another club fighting for his services, he might be able to nudge his price up with the 2 clubs duelling,...… well that aint going to happen.

You did call him a selfish individual and a flog. Apologies if a bit of mayo triggers you, I don't really know why every reply you give me involves you getting offended over something so minor and insignificant. It's pretty readily apparent that you didn't actually say "Tim Kelly is the worst person on the planet I do declare".
I never called anyone a selfish individual and a flog. Sometimes people do selfish things but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are selfish individuals. I said if Kelly rejects the Freo deal then he would be a flog coz the proof would be in the pudding.
well its nice to know that geelong will just hold supposed flogs on their list, i must admit i've always had my suspicious, reinforced by how you conduct yourself on here
What triggers me is that you personally attacked me and I am trying to determine why you felt a need to do that coz like I said, I never turned the focus onto you until after you did that.
My first post in this thread was about how Kelly was available in the draft for 5 years, and how he has travelled interstate to play for Geelong, pointing out that it was a pretty stock standard trade request. Your response was that I was "clutching at straws", and it was "absolute nonsense", something you've still yet to explain.
Then I simply pointed out that it was pretty standard for AFL players to choose a destination club, again you responded by calling Kelly selfish and a flog, and again by claiming I "lack logical reasoning", and it's at this time that you first started denying that you used the words "selfish" and "flog" (you did, the post is still there).
Now this is really interesting coz you say that I said that you were 'clutching at straws' but I think that you are clutching at straws by even making up such an argument coz I never said that or even that it was 'absolute nonsense'. I already debunked your claim that I called Kelly selfish and a flog. Now that we know that he rejected the Freo deal yep i'll wear that.
Then you suggested that Kelly be paraded around the cat supporters on a weekly basis in order to:
^LOL well actually, that was just a joke to stir you guys up coz yas were saying a lot of things that just didn't make much sense in response to what I had just said at the time when I was trying to inject some common sense.
Now, after being called out on the stuff you've said, you're back peddling and playing the role of offended poster, and hilariously demanding that I "retract that post and (sic) apologize!!!!" :'(:'(:'(. I've been pretty open in this whole discussion that Geelong should try to get the best deal possible for themselves, and if they can't, then Kelly will remain a Geelong player for one more year at least. You've been pretty consistent in your attacks on a player on your own list for making an extremely vanilla trade request.
Ahhk well I was going to leave this post and not reply coz I dun wanna cause any more drama when this reply of yours that quotes what I said pretty much speaks for itself about my 'long winded rant' regarding Kelly lol ...but then you don't seem so apologetic when you try to deflect by ridiculing my 'demand' and saying that I had been called out and was 'back peddling'. So where and what was I called out on and what am I backpeddling about?!? I only mentioned that you should apologize for saying some things that clearly were not true in response to me calling you out on your personal attack on me.

Last edited:
As it turns out yes.

Rubbish, like Gibbs at Carlton in 2017 season, Kelly will be fully there for football for Cats in 2019. He knew all this when he put himself in draft in 2016 that he could be playing on other side of nation. A contract is a contract. He will see it out and end of 2020 see if he can get back to Perth again. Cats chances in 2019 far better with him in it than pick 20 and 21. Eagles will find something suitable to trade at end of 2019 and all three parties will be happy with outcome.

Geelong gave WC two options to get the deal done WC didn't want to do either but its Geelong's fault?

He will know Cats value him more than Eagles. Every chance both clubs have had to put it on line how much they want him two years in a row, Cats have shown they more invested in his football career than Eagles.

He will know Cats value him more than Eagles. Every chance both clubs have had to put it on line how much they want him two years in a row, Cats have shown they more invested in his football career than Eagles.

Yeah that'll make all the difference in 12 months time when his contract's up and his wife still wants to be back in Perth with family :rolleyes:

I never called anyone a selfish individual and a flog. Sometimes people do selfish things but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are selfish individuals. I said if Kelly rejects the Freo deal then he would be a flog coz the proof would be in the pudding.

What triggers me is that you personally attacked me and I am trying to determine why you felt a need to do that coz like I said, I never turned the focus onto you until after you did that.

Now this is really interesting coz you say that I said that you were 'clutching at straws' but I think that you are clutching at straws by even making up such an argument coz I never said that or even that it was 'absolute nonsense'. I already debunked your claim that I called Kelly selfish and a flog. Now that we know that he rejected the Freo deal yep i'll wear that.

^LOL well actually, that was just a joke to stir you guys up coz yas were saying a lot of things that just didn't make much sense in response to what I had just said at the time when I was trying to inject some common sense.

Ahhk well I was going to leave this post and not reply coz I dun wanna cause any more drama when this reply of yours that quotes what I said pretty much speaks for itself about my 'long winded rant' regarding Kelly lol ...but then you don't seem so apologetic when you try to deflect by ridiculing my 'demand' and saying that I had been called out and was 'back peddling'. So where and what was I called out on and what am I backpeddling about?!? I only mentioned that you should apologize for saying some things that clearly were not true in response to me calling you out on your personal attack on me.

why is it everything you have previously posted either didnt happen or it was "just a joke to stir you guys up"? are you engaging in good faith or aren't you? 90% of this disagreement is based over what you meant in previous posts. i'm taking your words at face value but apparently there's some deeper meaning.

Yeah that'll make all the difference in 12 months time when his contract's up and his wife still wants to be back in Perth with family :rolleyes:

His wife is irrelevant to the football decision. The right choice was made for Cats. Deal with it. This next 12 months Cats still have an excellent footballer. That is very important if Cats want to give it their best shot in 2019.

His wife is irrelevant to the football decision. The right choice was made for Cats. Deal with it. This next 12 months Cats still have an excellent footballer. That is very important if Cats want to give it their best shot in 2019.

I'm fine with the Cats' decision. They had the right to demand an extraordinary deal for their contracted player. Whether it's the best decision, no one will know for at least 12 months.

You're going on about how they've shown him how much they value him and how West Coast haven't. Do you think that'll result in him changing his mind in 12 months time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back