Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems that potentially he may want to return to perth. Has a young famiy and his support network back there.

Was taken pick 24 and has been very very good.

Realistically what is he worth?

It's hard to get a hold on his value. The thing is he will be turning 26 the season he can actually start making any money from football so you couldn't begrudge him for chasing it. The thing is with the Cat's stars ageing, Geelong could actually turn out to be the best place for him.

Only two clubs in play.

Eagles have picks 25, 35 and Fremantle pick 8. That would put West Coast in the box seat.

Maybe, picks 25 and 35 for Kelly and pick 49.

While he is under contract that deal has no chance at all. We're in a flag window we need him. For us to move him now would need a pick high enough to get us a quality KPF in this draft or a best 22 replacement player. Remember Geelong has several F/S kids this year so picks later than 15 are no good to us as they might get used on bids.

For Freo it will cost their pick 7 (with maybe swapping of later picks).

WCE don't have the picks to get it done so Gaff would need to be involved I'd think.

Personally I doubt he will be traded this year.

While he is under contract that deal has no chance at all. We're in a flag window we need him. For us to move him now would need a pick high enough to get us a quality KPF in this draft or a best 22 replacement player. Remember Geelong has several F/S kids this year so picks later than 15 are no good to us as they might get used on bids.

For Freo it will cost their pick 7 (with maybe swapping of later picks).

WCE don't have the picks to get it done so Gaff would need to be involved I'd think.

Personally I doubt he will be traded this year.
Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 7 for Kelly?

That’s seriously delusional.

It's really not as i explained above it's a) Geelong's needs and b) their draft strategy this year. You have no other picks to get it done. He's contracted.

Please by all means come back in 2019.

And yet, you suggested pick 7 is in play and you liked a post suggesting his price would be a first round pick.

Gold.

I never suggested it was in play. I said that's what Geelong would demand from Freo and they'd be unlikely to trade him without it. Both of which are likely to be true.

And yet, you suggested pick 7 is in play and you liked a post suggesting his price would be a first round pick.

Gold.
22 touches and over 4 clearances a game playing as about 4th or 5th banana.
Folly to suggest we'd accept something in the 20s or worse. So yeah first rounder.

Again though, moot. They will move heaven and earth to help his partner settle and not want to move back to WA.

Gold.

7 is too high, but a first rounder isn't.

The guy is a quality support midfielder and is worth something in the 15-20 range.

He's increased his value, his value was only 24 in the first place because of the unknown transition of some state league mature age players.

If this is in fact correct, it's disappointing and probably justifies why he was passed on in that many drafts tbh.

I wonder if the "Lever effect" applies to this bloke.

Is he that good, or is it the blokes that surround him?

Not sure if he's a front liner.

But he is a quality and will remain to be a quality 3rd or 4th midfielder.

Most teams need them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back