Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Only if he can sort out his helicopter kicking skills.
If he can sort out his helicopter kicking skills, he will be a good pickup for Freo or WCE.
I think if the kid can sort out his helicopter kicking skills (must be getting lessons off Dangerfield) he can become a handy player.
A second rounder should get the WCE or Freo over the line if he wants out.

Could turn into a very handy player if he can sort out his helicopter kicking.
Stuck on repeat again TazBot? Might need a system reboot. :)

Kelly is the same age and O'Meara was comfortably a better player this season.
Comfortably you say?

While O'meara just pips Kelly in most stats, Kelly produced over more games and seems more durable.

It's a lot closer than you think.
28d5ba5c445ad46d558ca44a3a72f8e7.jpg

Kelly is the same age and O'Meara was comfortably a better player this season.
The diff being that Jaeger has x amount of years in the system, injury is the only thing that stopped him from being 1 of the gr8 mids.

Kelly is a 1st year AFL player and an exceptional 1 at that, 2nd rd suggested by TazHawk15 will not cut it.

West coast first round pick this year + next years could also get it over the line.

Could get it over the line? That’s a better deal than what you gave for Dangerfield! You want more for Tim Kelly because you’re allowed to keep him for 1 year before he pharcs off anyway? Not only do you want more, you won’t even say yes straight away, you would have to think about it, wtf! Yeah no thank you. Let’s be realistic here.

O'Meara played about half a dozen games last year coming back from two years out and plays with Tom Mitchell who 'does nothing with it' and a bunch of mids most people don't rate. He had a pretty good season and was a gun 18/19 year old in a team of kids + Ablett.

Kelly plays alongside the holy trinity with Menegola, Scott Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie etc.

Not really an apples with apples comparison.

The diff being that Jaeger has x amount of years in the system, injury is the only thing that stopped him from being 1 of the gr8 mids.

Kelly is a 1st year AFL player and an exceptional 1 at that, 2nd rd suggested by TazHawk15 will not cut it.
I think he's worth a mid 1st rounder for what it's worth. If he could improve his kicking (very up and under kicker) he'd be a much better player. His kicking skills (and maybe not just being ready to be a pro athlete at 18) are the reason why he's spent half a dozen years in the WAFL.

I was also responding to an arrogant cats poster who blurted out that Kelly has already gone past O'Meara. This is clearly a load of crap.

Comfortably you say?

While O'meara just pips Kelly in most stats, Kelly produced over more games and seems more durable.

It's a lot closer than you think.
28d5ba5c445ad46d558ca44a3a72f8e7.jpg
It's not just stats, and you know better. Jaeger is more damaging from clearances and is a much better kick. Jaeger's defensive efforts are considerably more advanced as well, and is a more complete two way player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just stats, and you know better. Jaeger is more damaging from clearances and is a much better kick. Jaeger's defensive efforts are considerably more advanced as well, and is a more complete two way player.
If he's more damaging from clearances, why does he average less inside 50s per game? (And less goals per game). Where's he putting the ball once he receives it in the middle?

The tackle average differential isn't *that* great. The only real stand out is O'Mearas DE - and that's already been done to death.

Kelly seems durable. I'd take a slightly lesser, more durable light over a slightly better guy that can't get on the park when important games roll around.

They're quite even.

But I'd expect Hawks fans would want to defend/justify selling the farm for their midfielder.

If he's more damaging from clearances, why does he average less inside 50s per game? (And less goals per game). Where's he putting the ball once he receives it in the middle?

The tackle average differential isn't *that* great. The only real stand out is O'Mearas DE - and that's already been done to death.

Kelly seems durable. I'd take a slightly lesser, more durable light over a slightly better guy that can't get on the park when important games roll around.

They're quite even.

But I'd expect Hawks fans would want to defend/justify selling the farm for their midfielder.
It's just not tackle count, O'Meara works harder both ways, is faster than Kelly, much better kick than Kelly, wins more clearances and is more damaging from clearances. Missing 3 games out of 24 is a pretty good return after what he's had to battle back from. The game he just missed was because of a new injury to his good knee, something that can happen to anyone.

I have no doubt if you asked recruiters from all 18 clubs which player they'd prefer, 17 would go O'Meara.

Fremantle first round pick would get it done.

West coast first round pick this year + next years could also get it over the line.

Eagles first this year would likely be lost to academy bidding wouldn't it? So really no value to the Cats.

That's why next years first plus a fringe player this year is more logical.

A bit left field but what about Jake Waterman?

I will get bashed for suggesting a club legends son gets traded but we seem to have a surplus of 190 cm third tall forwards and Hawkins and the Cats need more taller goal scoring options.

Played well this year, got a rising star nomination but ran out of petrol together with Kennedy and Darling coming back from injury.

Certainly not a dud and something the Cats need.

hes from WA and has a young family.

You know just how Harry Taylor is from WA and went home with his young family.
You know just how Mitch Duncan is from WA and went home with his young family.

:drunk:

Go Catters

It's just not tackle count, O'Meara works harder both ways, is faster than Kelly, much better kick than Kelly, wins more clearances and is more damaging from clearances. Missing 3 games out of 24 is a pretty good return after what he's had to battle back from. The game he just missed was because of a new injury to his good knee, something that can happen to anyone.

I have no doubt if you asked recruiters from all 18 clubs which player they'd prefer, 17 would go O'Meara.

I think it's a really interesting comparison.
Very little split them this year, personally I'd rank Tim Kelly slightly ahead on 2018 form.

Then we look at who'll improve more.
The more explosive and highly rated Jaeger O'Meara, had the obvious potential to be the best player in the comp, crippled by injuries, what sort of ceiling does he have now? Put together a season that was his best since his first year.

Tim Kelly, a "finished prodcut" with question marks on his disposal. Only played 23 games with 1 season in the AFL system. Is what we see what we get, or is there still untapped potential?]

Personally I'd back in Kelly, can certainly see the argument for both players.

Eagles first this year would likely be lost to academy bidding wouldn't it? So really no value to the Cats.

That's why next years first plus a fringe player this year is more logical.

A bit left field but what about Jake Waterman?

I will get bashed for suggesting a club legends son gets traded but we seem to have a surplus of 190 cm third tall forwards and Hawkins and the Cats need more taller goal scoring options.

Played well this year, got a rising star nomination but ran out of petrol together with Kennedy and Darling coming back from injury.

Certainly not a dud and something the Cats need.

Would take brander + first rounder this year.

You can keep waterman instead.

Otherwise the Gaff compo pick + next years first is fair value.

Steak knife sort of throw ins won’t have any value to us at all and will just serve to clog our list up such as late picks or fringe players.

Could get it over the line? That’s a better deal than what you gave for Dangerfield! You want more for Tim Kelly because you’re allowed to keep him for 1 year before he pharcs off anyway? Not only do you want more, you won’t even say yes straight away, you would have to think about it, wtf! Yeah no thank you. Let’s be realistic here.

We drafted him as an unknown WAFL player at pick 24 and he has walked into our side and had a stellar season as a goal kicking inside midfielder who was one of our players invited by the AFL to attend the Brownlow Medal, and you are telling me his value is around the same as what he was drafted??

Please elaborate for me why we would trade him this year if the deal is going to be the exact same as next year??

If anything we will simply get a better deal next season as you won’t likely finish as high on the ladder getting us a better return pick, and Fremantle might come to play harder next season.

So if all that is on the table is a pick in the 20’s... please elaborate why we would trade him now instead of next season??

Makes no sense for us to move him now.

Let’s be clear also, your in a premiership window and your loosing gaff, who are you going to bring in to keep you a premiership threat??

Would be dumb not to throw a lot at the deal as you need him badly for next season given your midfield is going to be substantially weakened

Remove this Banner Ad

Back