Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Yep, you really showed me up on this one. An article from 'zero hangar' :drunk: Why don't you quote me some facebook posts or people from another forum? I don't mean to be too harsh on you, but it's just embarrassing now.

You have scoured the internet and don't pretend you haven't (google search link is your giveaway buddy). Why is it that you couldn't find an article from a reputable source and have come up with this random website, with an 'article' from June? Why haven't The Age ran it? The West Australian? Geelong Advertiser? You seem like the type of person who would buy from danoz direct :p

Feel free to get the last word in though and attempt to take the moral high ground. People aren't really laughing at you, we're laughing with you o_O
Did you actually read through the article. It's literally quotes from his manager. In fact, its quotes from his manager that was reported from the Sun? Also, here are the same quotes from the Geelong Advertiser since you asked so nicely...

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...d/news-story/2310e07b1b0bf4973e82c5601a3c36fa
upload_2018-9-19_23-17-46.png

Smithy06

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, you really showed me up on this one. An article from 'zero hangar' :drunk: Why don't you quote me some facebook posts or people from another forum? I don't mean to be too harsh on you, but it's just embarrassing now.

You have scoured the internet and don't pretend you haven't (google search link is your giveaway buddy). Why is it that you couldn't find an article from a reputable source and have come up with this random website, with an 'article' from June? Why haven't The Age ran it? The West Australian? Geelong Advertiser? You seem like the type of person who would buy from danoz direct :p

Feel free to get the last word in though and attempt to take the moral high ground. People aren't really laughing at you, we're laughing with you o_O
Are you referring to the article that quotes his manager? An article that you asked me to provide to show evidence and now you’re dismissing a quote as evidence? Grow up “buddy”, you’re being belligerent. I don’t keep a database of evidence on Tim kellys homesickness. However, you asked for some evidence on the spot, and I found a quote from Kelly’s manager within 30 seconds. Downplaying the website suits your agenda but it doesn’t eliminate the quote. It’s probably best you take yourself back to the Mitch McGovern trade thread or some other Carlton matter because you’re clearly out of touch here.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

May I ask why you care so much?

This argument you are having has been rehashed about six times in this thread.

Quotes from Kelly himself state he is happy however it has been a challenge moving across country with his partner and three young kids, especially for his partner. He stated it would be easier to have his family "around the corner" to help.

It pretty normal that up rooting a young family and moving away from the family support group poses challenges especially for mum.

Its not rocket science. Its life!

Smithy06

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
May I ask why you care so much?

This argument you are having has been rehashed about six times in this thread.

Quotes from Kelly himself state he is happy however it has been a challenge moving across country with his partner and three young kids, especially for his partner. He stated it would be easier to have his family "around the corner" to help.

It pretty normal that up rooting a young family and moving away from the family support group poses challenges especially for mum.

Its not rocket science. Its life!
He doesn't care that much Obeanie1. He asked for evidence and we've provided it. He's embarrassed and now he's acting out to save face.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

It's literally direct quotes from a Herld Sun article and it even says that.

After your post there's only one person possibly being laughed at.

Danger!Selwood

All Australian
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
None of what I said had anything to do with you having to trade Kelly. I was simply pointing out how absurd it is that you would only consider two first rounders for Kelly, something you didn’t even pay for Dangerfield who is definitely the better player.

Do you have to trade Kelly? No I don’t care wtf you do with him. If he wants out and Geelong are holding him to your 2 first round ransom then I have a problem. But just the simple fact that you would only consider, not even the ridiculous thought that 2 first rounders was the starting point, just the fact you would only consider keeping someone who presumably wants to go home for 2 first rounders instead of giving us a blowy as a side gift for the trade, just anbsolutely blows my mind. I wouldn’t expect a team to give up 2 first rounders for Gaff if we matched forcing a trade.

Love the stab you threw as well. You’re in the exact same position as us, if not worse. Name your young guns minus Kelly. You’re the 2014 Brooklyn Nets of the AFL.

We had a player who finished in the top 5 of the rising star voting (Freo had none in the top 10)... so there's that.

Have finished above you 11 times out of 12 years, have blooded 15 debutants in the past 2 seasons, and just beat you by 133 points about a month ago.

Since 2010, you have had 8 first round draft picks that haven't received a single vote in the rising star voting as well. I'd be worrying less about Geelong and more about what is happening at Freo, such as your ongoing hunt for someone over 190cm that can kick more than 30 goals perhaps?

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I am yet to apparently get what he is actually valued at besides being told he is worth around the same as when he was drafted as an unknown Amateur league footballer.

2 end of first rounders sounds right or freos pick 6.

Can’t see any other way of getting it done unless Sean Darcy comes into it or another player like brander.

Let’s make it clear. Geelong has no interest in steak knifes (fringe 22 players)or late draft picks. They hold zero value in a trade for a top midfielder

I seem to be the only one really putting up ideas here.

Fremantle: Sean Darcy + second round pick next year.
Pick 6 straight swap.

West coast: gaff compo + next years first rounder.
Gaff compo pick + brander.

About on the money as two likely trade scenarios for both clubs

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong fans: we don't overrate our players
Also Geelong fans:

Pick 6 straight swap.

I am yet to apparently get what he is actually valued at besides being told he is worth around the same as when he was drafted as an unknown Amateur league footballer.

Can’t see any other way of getting it done unless Sean Darcy comes into it or another player like brander.

Let’s make it clear. Geelong has no interest in steak knifes (fringe 22 players)or late draft picks. They hold zero value in a trade for a top midfielder

Pick 6 straight swap.

Holy *, no they are not likely in any way shape or form. They are ridiculous trades and I'm someone who actually wants Kelly at Freo.

You are not getting pick 6 in a direct swap, you are not getting Brander or Darcy and change. Because clubs dont trade young, highly rated players unless they absolutely want to go and they are individually worth as much as Kelly anyway.

I know lots Freo and Geelong posters hate the following so I'd imagine its closeish

Freo get at least 4(5) & 22 for Neale

Geelong
In: 5(6) & 22
Out: Kelly, 11

Freo
In: Kelly, 11
Out: 5(6) & 22

And from the looks of this board, almost every neutral thinks that would be overs for you, which I imagine is what it would take to get a trade done given the state of the situation

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Pick 6 straight swap.

So two first round picks!

As mentioned previously the Eagles wouldn't get that for a trade foe Gaff.

A dual AA.

Please compare Kelly with other players traded for two first round picks.

I think that little exercise will provide some guidance to what Kelly is actually worth.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Kelly would fetch 15-25 in a trade. I.e. what he cost plus the float in trade value (because clubs just have one pick every 18 based on ladder position...) benefiting Geelong.

He's not worth a top 10 pick because he had a good first year nor is he worth any team's second round pick because he was a second round pick last year.

Geelong would probably turn down our first pick (20) or a Gaff compo pick (~17/18) and that is their prerogative, but neither WA club would entertain the silly trade scenarios on here.

Tristan34

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Holy ****, no they are not likely in any way shape or form. They are ridiculous trades and I'm someone who actually wants Kelly at Freo.

You are not getting pick 6 in a direct swap, you are not getting Brander or Darcy and change. Because clubs dont trade young, highly rated players unless they absolutely want to go and they are individually worth as much as Kelly anyway.

I know lots Freo and Geelong posters hate the following so I'd imagine its closeish

Geelong

Freo

And from the looks of this board, almost every neutral thinks that would be overs for you, which I imagine is what it would take to get a trade done given the state of the situation

Cats would probably bite there...

Most reasonable trade I've seen in the whole thread. Kudos
Personally, losing Neale for a 1 pick upgrade (in the top 6 where it makes more of a diff), Kelly and 11 (I. Hill) seems fair to me and both Geelong, Brissy and Freo would walk away happy.

A lot of Freo posters would rather stay in the top 7 given this years draft and not worry about Kelly. Seems ridiculous to me given he's a great age bracket and proven performer

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Won't the Cats possibly lose that pick 22 to academy bidding anyway?

Its the reason why Geelong has traded out of the 2nd round this year.

That's why Cats posters aren't interested in the Eagles pick 20.

If this academy bidding complication didn't exist that trade scenario would work. Possibly switch the 2018 2nd for Freo's 2019 2nd?

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong

If this academy bidding complication didn't exist that trade scenario would work. Possibly switch the 2018 2nd for Freo's 2019 2nd?

You're probably right, but it depends on if Brownless gets a bid around there (unlikely) or what happens with Bailey Scott (coming to Geelong also unlikely).
Geelong will probably want to avoid the scenario altogether, hence clearing out their second round.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
You're probably right, but it depends on if Brownless gets a bid around there (unlikely) or what happens with Bailey Scott (coming to Geelong also unlikely).
Geelong will probably want to avoid the scenario altogether, hence clearing out their second round.

I think the Bailey Scott factor is the fly in the ointment.

Surely the Cats would know before trade week if Scott was going to nominate them.

I would rather 2019 second every day of the week and Freo would too I assume

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
So two first round picks!

As mentioned previously the Eagles wouldn't get that for a trade foe Gaff.

A dual AA.

Please compare Kelly with other players traded for two first round picks.

I think that little exercise will provide some guidance to what Kelly is actually worth.

Your first pick is going to be about pick 20ish by the time all the compo stuff comes into it. So essentially we will be getting something like : p22 + pick 12-14 ( estimating where you finishing next year without nic bat or gaff), but could be higher. That isn’t drastic at all for a player or Kelly’s talent.

Because gaff is a free agent. Free agents don’t get fair deals when they state they want to leave, it is not the same as trading for contracted players in terms of value.

We have enough examples to show that free agents and contracted players go for very different values on the trade table. The dangerfield trade clearly illustrates the vast difference in the two.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Holy ****, no they are not likely in any way shape or form. They are ridiculous trades and I'm someone who actually wants Kelly at Freo.

Geelong

Freo

Just a straight swap for pick 5/6 + our second rounder next year is probably more reasonable as I don’t see the need to throw in pick 11 given how talented kelly is.

Just a straight swap for pick 5/6 + our second rounder next year is probably more reasonable as I don’t see the need to throw in pick 11 given how talented kelly is.
i cant see us possibly doing that. There is no way Kelly is worth a downgrade from 6 to 30+

If your guys want a King (and its looking very likely one will be available at 6), there is no way pick 11 doesnt get involved personally

Let's ignore Geelong's CEO when he says Kelly won't be traded and throw around garbage claims of a deal getting done for pick 20-25.

For Geelong to trade him this year it'll need a pick in the first dozen or he stays which is what Cook was virtually saying.

So let's all hold hands and swing around in a circle.

Back