List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if any of your old mates do come to visit, don't try to big note yourself like Stokesy.:D
images

I’m Not an expert but I’ve got a hunch that might be a salary cap breach - “here Tim, here’s a house for your family. It’s yours. Oh Ps maybe don’t mention this to anyone, ok?”
no, what the club needs to do is point him in the direction of where a certain property developer will buy land which is about to be rezoned
bam, land gets rezoned
he makes some $$$$$$$$

or he buys a s**t box house which is fully renovated by gfc volunteers

seriously this happens so much its a joke

I’m Not an expert but I’ve got a hunch that might be a salary cap breach - “here Tim, here’s a house for your family. It’s yours. Oh Ps maybe don’t mention this to anyone, ok?”
not sure if serious .......

"At the moment, he's there this season and next season, whether he likes it or not … and he loves it. An AFL contract, when you go into the draft, you have two years at the club."

"Nothing is definitive because player movement has changed so much. If it goes to trade week (this year) and Geelong can get a player they want for Tim in a deal with West Coast or Fremantle then who knows. But that's not in our plans."

Whatever your agenda in this debate you can focus in on a quote from that article and twist it to enforce your pov.

Sounds like the club have at least said to the manager that it will be a good deal from WC or Freo or he will be seeing his contract out.

We all have to admit... . Kelly is in a way Motlop replacement has shown more in his 1st year then Motlop at the same age. But the biggest thing is his shown is the consistency of playing good games compare to Motlop. As Motlop when he played his good games were good but he never strong them together.

Apologies for the intrusion but Would Cerra for Kelly with a bunch of pick swaps be worth it? If both want to return to the rightful state?

Apologies for the intrusion but Would Cerra for Kelly with a bunch of pick swaps be worth it? If both want to return to the rightful state?

Think we would need to make the picks a bit more favourable for Freo but definitely would be mentioned. Both young and promising talents and if they do wish to return to their home states, that may well be an option.

Gaff would be right up there too.

if i was his manager i would sign a 3 year deal now, give him extra $$$$
with a clause that he gets traded to wa if his wife wants to go home
means that the cats have some security
he picks up more $$$$

Those type of clauses I think are against the rules. Eg: Tippett / Adelaide

Probably would be something to look at but Kelly has been super impressive and is clearly more "senior" ready than Cerra.

As russo mentioned, the picks would probably need to be stacked in our favour for us to look seriously at it when you consider he is under contract until 2019.

I hope he stays, he has been a revelation and I've really enjoyed watching him play.

Whatever your agenda in this debate you can focus in on a quote from that article and twist it to enforce your pov.

Sounds like the club have at least said to the manager that it will be a good deal from WC or Freo or he will be seeing his contract out.

Why did you tag me, thats not my post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but whats with the comment about my "Agenda", wtf does that mean? I just posted the article, i never commented on it, am i not aloud to share a news story?
pretty sure haminja just meant that whatever your view on the topic is, that article is vague enough that it can be used to support it. I don't think they were having a go at you.

Why? The number he wears? 11 ?
No, can't remember Williams' number? Anyway, Williams was overlooked by other teams, and Geelong gave him a life line. He starred in his first season and went onto win our B&F in season 2, only for Swans to lure him in his 3rd VFL season

Probably would be something to look at but Kelly has been super impressive and is clearly more "senior" ready than Cerra.

As russo mentioned, the picks would probably need to be stacked in our favour for us to look seriously at it when you consider he is under contract until 2019.

I hope he stays, he has been a revelation and I've really enjoyed watching him play.
Sandilands and Cerra for Kelly and picks.

If Tim Kelly does leave Geelong, he will be the one who loses out. Why would he want to join the Dockers or Eagles when he was drafted by a side with the mid field depth that will allow him to develop his game without been in the spot light? Shane Kersten and Joe Hamling returned to WA to play for the Dockers and their careers have not skyrocketed at all? Steve O'Reilly left Geelong for Freo at the end of 1994 and he was not the same full back-key position player when he was at Geelong.
Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back