List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he stays and his partner gets happier.
If he leaves, then it must be done the best way; professionally and with good manners. In the end, there is so little gained from being sleazy.
The best case scenario, for me, is that the club and TK have had a serious conversation, if not already then soon, well before trade week. The communication between them must be perfect, open and honest. If TK thinks that he may have to go back, FOR WHATEVER REASON, then he should allow the club the opportunity to make the best deal.
The only way I would be unhappy with TK would be that he held off re-signing past the trade week, kept the possiblity open into next season, and then left anyway. The way in which it happens, to me, is the most important part. For example, I was only pissed at GAJ's method of leaving GFC, not his reasons. I would hope that PFD had told AFC that would be leaving, instead of leaving it to assumption only. None of the childish crap so often associated with AFL issues.

And yes, one would hope it could mostly be kept out of the media (mass and social) as much as possible.
Speculation on a person's motives is never a good idea. You will never know what is going on in their mind or their relationships. It will usually end up with you looking like an insensitive, cruel dickhead. Easy example, GAJ's move back.
Speculation on family members is even lower IMHO. You show your class, even anonymously online, in how you post. Would you say what you post to that individual face to face, or to the family?
Enough preaching :)

Sure thing.
Don’t worry mate, I’m sure our culture down K Park is fine.
I mean one of our ex coaches is now caught up as a dealer.
Ex players caught dealing whilst playing and arguably the best ever player to play the game was well known for his Herioin abuse.

People who think drugs aren’t involved in all clubs are absolute fools.
I get sick of hearing people refer to West Coast and West Coke

The culture is everywhere, from local level all the way to seniors.

Edit: Take a look at the Brownlow medalist in my DP
It’s everywhere!!!

Last edited:

Don’t worry mate, I’m sure our culture down K Park is fine.
I mean one of our ex coaches is now caught up as a dealer.
Ex players caught dealing whilst playing and arguably the best ever player to play the game was well known for his Herioin abuse.

People who think drugs aren’t involved in all clubs are absolute fools.
I get sick of hearing people refer to West Coast and West Coke

The culture is everywhere, from local level all the way to seniors.

Edit: Take a look at the Brownlow medalist in my DP
It’s everywhere!!!

Wait....Kane Tenace was a junky?

I have no problem with Geelong risking a pick for Tim Kelly.. It's WCE fault for not picking him, especially when it was well known the cats were into him.. Geelong are risk takers when it comes to drafting, so I don't know why your going off at Geelong for picking him, your acting like we had no right to draft him.

He just sounds salty that WCE missed out on Kelly. It's too bad, Geelong recruited him + he plays for us for two years, or asks to return to WA next season, on compassionate grounds because they're finding it difficult away from family + friends. Geelong would let him go, as they did with Hartman, who was homesick.

Ha! I love you Mahlepi!

I simply think she needs to not sound like a spoilt child in the media

with All due respect, you are on a Geelong board abusing Geelong posters
A luxury not afforded on your communist board

I don’t care what Caitlin thinks, but she needs to thank a club for making her partners dream a reality
And in private discuss her homesickness

There is no need for this to be played out in the media

But it’s time for you to stop abusing Geelong posters, otherwise we might discussing the s**t treatment at your plastic club

Yes, that's it, she sounds like a spoilt child!

Perhaps you + I sound too tough on her?

I do feel for her having three boys under the age of three + that she is missing her family + friends. She said that her family is extremely close.

What I don't understand is why she's complaining + it's become public, she's given newspaper interviews about it.

She's not the first woman to have three children under three!
They're not the first family to move interstate for work. As Turbocat said, they would have been well aware that Tim would have to play for an interstate team.
Geelong made Kelly aware they wanted to recruit him + the move would have been discussed between Tim + Caitlyn.

The other thing Caitlin said was that Tim loves playing for Geelong + is very happy.

So I'm not all criticism of her.

I simply think she needs to not sound like a spoilt child in the media
I understood that was what you were saying, but we all have very different circumstances and see social media in a very different way. I'm sure even most spouses do things differently to one another. Entitled to say what she wishes to say, or even to have her own dreams too.

I'm so confused why she is airing her grievances in public.
Have the discussions in private with Tim. I don't get why you'd open yourself up to criticism.

It is really strange and the thought of it makes me cringe.

It just screams attention seeking to me and someone who craves the limelight IMO.

Anyone who is raising young children will understand family comes before anything. I hope he stays but at the end of the day he needs to do what’s best for his family.

Thats pretty black and white.. family come before anything? Id bet there would be a heap of example where parents have to think big picture... like for eg. dad may not see mid jrs school sports for work? etc. Big picture no issue but we all make accommodations which means at least in some instance family do not come first. I wonder if a player in WA will actually see his kids less than a player in Victoria.. lot more travelling being on a WA list.

Is it actually confirmed that it is even her posting to social media? Are we certain they aren't trolls? If so terrible case of online bullying. Very Ugly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it actually confirmed that it is even her posting to social media? Are we certain they aren't trolls? If so terrible case of online bullying. Very Ugly.
Whats even uglier is people going to the extent of looking at the Instagram activity of the players WIFE to see if shes happy or not. Even I went on there after people started posting her Insta feed and i was disgusted at myself afterwards.

I understood that was what you were saying, but we all have very different circumstances and see social media in a very different way. I'm sure even most spouses do things differently to one another. Entitled to say what she wishes to say, or even to have her own dreams too.
Its simple. You put it out there you put yourself out for discussion.
Attention whores. You cant have it one way.

Seriously, people need to understand the world existed very well before social media.

Social media is not a one way streak

seriously people. tkelly is not the only father to have to move states for work, and work where he is achieving his ultimate goal

Its simple. You put it out there you put yourself out for discussion.
Attention whores. You cant have it one way.

Seriously, people need to understand the world existed very well before social media.

Social media is not a one way streak

seriously people. tkelly is not the only father to have to move states for work, and work where he is achieving his ultimate goal

+ Tim's partner, Caitlin, is not the only woman who has moved interstate with three children under the age of three.

My mother accompanied my father on business trips + we were put into boarding school lol Or an aunt came to care for us.

* i hate social media.

Just let them be FFS. TK plays for GFC. And his family is a clear consideration - totally get that. But this oohing and ahhing over every effing post and thought that is mooted...

Ill never understand it.

GO Catters

West Coast and Freo ?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha .... no chance only Adelaide people could understand

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You really have got a very parochial look on it haven't you. Its actually quite understandable.. that the two WA clubs would be as oil and water as the SA clubs.. but not much different to several Vic clubs. Not many deals done between Hawks and Geelong ..

Why you would want 3 babies at the age of 23 is truly beyond me to start. But honestly, I’m completely bamboozled as to why she’s airing this out in public. Super unprofessional

I just wish this sort of stuff would be kept in house ..cant see it being very beneficial to anyone.. What sort of excitement does she want ..she has the toddlers to take care of... a trip to Supatramp?

People wonder why im not on twiitter and facebook
Bigfooty is just as bad as Facebook and Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back