Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realise that, however it doesn't make it right from a principle point of view. Can understand when in contract but when out of contract IMO players should be able to go to the Club of their choice without all this hoo haašŸ¤” But have no alternative and just have to accept things the way they are from this corrupt AFL!
I wouldnā€™t mind if it was like this for all players. Give something back to the clubs.. The only thing annoying me about this is that one of the only times a high profile recruit wants to come home and a club stands their ground (and fair enough) but meanwhile youā€™ve got all the big Vic clubs raiding the expansion sides and picking up bargains left right and centre. We just want the one.

I wouldnā€™t mind if it was like this for all players. Give something back to the clubs.. The only thing annoying me about this is that one of the only times a high profile recruit wants to come home and a club stands their ground (and fair enough) but meanwhile youā€™ve got all the big Vic clubs raiding the expansion sides and picking up bargains left right and centre. We just want the one.
The only time will be next time, I think GCS multiple second round pick for your first round pick gave you enough chances to pick Tim Kelly up earlier than Geelong and yet your club take thing for granted, if you pick Tim Kelly ahead of Oscar Allen, North or Geelong can pick Allen up. Nobody will said anything if Allen did not perform with either team and request to Go home to Eagles.

Last edited:

Yep if a player wants to come back to Victoria there is a big celebration and player feelings come first. The second its the other way around and suddenly players are crybabies and disloyal.

Yep if a player wants to come back to Victoria there is a big celebration and player feelings come first. The second its the other way around and suddenly players are crybabies and disloyal.
It seems you missed the media circus surrounding Dangerfield, Ablett and to a lesser extent Lachie Henderson when they requested trades to Geelong. Even Gary Rohan this year was called a sook for wanting to go back to Geelong. Lots of players cop it, it isn't a non-Victorian thing.

It seems you missed the media circus surrounding Dangerfield, Ablett and to a lesser extent Lachie Henderson when they requested trades to Geelong. Even Gary Rohan this year was called a sook for wanting to go back to Geelong. Lots of players cop it, it isn't a non-Victorian thing.
Letā€™s get real - Dangerfield and Ablett have manipulated the media and love having high public profiles. So whatever happens to the two of them is not the norm.

I thought the Rohan was pretty clear as he had a genuine case and none of my Victorian mates heard disparaging things.

The part that pisses most people off is the way players from Melbourne have put forward lame excuses for going home. I thought Lever was very honest - Melbourne is my home and they have a much better deal. He was called a mercenary but really only by Crows

Letā€™s get real - Dangerfield and Ablett have manipulated the media and love having high public profiles. So whatever happens to the two of them is not the norm.

I thought the Rohan was pretty clear as he had a genuine case and none of my Victorian mates heard disparaging things.

The part that pisses most people off is the way players from Melbourne have put forward lame excuses for going home. I thought Lever was very honest - Melbourne is my home and they have a much better deal. He was called a mercenary but really only by Crows
Most of the Rohan stuff has come out in 2019. No one cared at the time in 2018 as he was seen as a VFL level player.

Ablett wanted to come home because his sister was on the verge of death, he was denied a trade and his sister died plus he agreed to pay back almost his entire contract despite having served 2 years of it and GC finally relented, for pick 20 mind you!

Anyway, I don't think most people will begrudge Tim if he decides again he'd like a trade back to WA because of his family circumstances. Don't let the small amount of nuffies tarnish entire football communities and just never read facebook comments ;)

The only time will be next time, I think GCS multiple second round pick for your first round pick gave you enough chances to pick Tim Kelly up earlier than Geelong and yet your club take thing for granted, if you pick Tim Kelly ahead of Oscar Allen, North or Geelong can pick Allen up. Nobody will said anything if Allen did not perform with either team and request to Go home to Eagles.

What point are you trying to make exactly?

You should get him when you got the chance, now you need to wait and see.

This is such an irrelevant point. WC, Freo and Geelong all could have selected Kelly before Geelong picked him in 2017.

In a parallel universe where WC don't trade with Gold Coast and just have 13 and 32 and Kelly still goes at 24 is 'you should've picked him' still a thing?

This is such an irrelevant point. WC, Freo and Geelong all could have selected Kelly before Geelong picked him in 2017.

In a parallel universe where WC don't trade with Gold Coast and just have 13 and 32 and Kelly still goes at 24 is 'you should've picked him' still a thing?
GCS did trade ablett, pick 24 to Geelong for pick 19 and Geelong 2018 second Rd pick. If I am not mistaken.

Pick 24 Traded from Gold Coast; received from Fremantle - not a rocket science or parallel universal at all, the intention is there to get either Oscar Allen or Kelly from Geelong ahead of west Coast next pick which is done after West Coast trade with GCS.

Last edited:
GCS did trade ablett, pick 24 to Geelong for pick 19 and Geelong 2018 second Rd pick. If I am not mistaken.

Pick 24 Traded from Gold Coast; received from Fremantle - not a rocket science or parallel universal at all, the intention is there to get either Oscar Allen or Kelly from Geelong ahead of west Coast next pick which is done after West Coast trade with GCS.

What? Geelong didn't trade with Gold Coast with the express intention of drafting someone West Coast wanted. That's revisionist and silly. IIRC West Coast didn't even expect Allen to be there at 21.

Hamling left us to go back to WA straight after the flag, we thanked him for his service and traded him for unders. Some players do go back to WA without fuss (Lewis Jetta/Sinclair swap was pretty uncontroversial IIRC)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamling left us to go back to WA straight after the flag, we thanked him for his service and traded him for unders. Some players do go back to WA without fuss (Lewis Jetta/Sinclair swap was pretty uncontroversial IIRC)
Fair call.

have a strategy to recruit WA boys to come home. Hogan, Lobb, Hamling, Conca, McCarthy, Hill, Wilson, Matera, Colyer and Kersten. Meanwhile WCE have Jetta, Yeo and Cripps (unfortunately not Patrick - yet).

With more player movement, I expect greater movement and fans will need to become less emotional.

Doggies and Eagles have had a pretty good trading relationship. Feels like both clubā€™s get the deals done but weā€™ve never had a really high profile player wanting a trade to/from the 2 clubs.

Doggies and Eagles have had a pretty good trading relationship. Feels like both clubā€™s get the deals done but weā€™ve never had a really high profile player wanting a trade to/from the 2 clubs.
Yep - Dogs/Eagles were the first teams to trade picks when the AFL first allowed it.

Eagles got an upgraded second rounder, we were giving Adelaide a second rounder for Ben Hudson anyway so we upgraded our third. Classic win/win trade.

Are you sure?

Geelong will not trade him for big unders, I can feel certain about that.

They still have a decent level of control. No way a deal gets done without Geelong getting a fair deal.

Like you just said Geelong want a top 5 pick at least. They consider that a 'fair deal.'

Neither WCE or Fremantle have a top 5 pick currently and even if they did they wouldn't trade it for Tim Kelly.

So Tim Kelly can't leave Geelong then I guess?

Are you sure?

Geelong will not trade him for big unders, I can feel certain about that.

They still have a decent level of control. No way a deal gets done without Geelong getting a fair deal.
...And what happens if that deal never comes?

Kelly isn't contracted for next season yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back