Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to WCE supporters on here, Geelong's demand of a top 10 pick wasn't way over market value because all the WCE supporters in here have been telling us that picks 20 and 22 points value is the equivalent of pick 6.

Funnily enough, no-one wanted to trade a top 10 pick for picks 20 and 22, that's of course if WCE even tried (which I doubt). They want him but obviously have other higher priorities, no dramas with that.

WCE fans, whose team has just recently won the premiership, expect a club, who obviously think they have one last shot at premiership glory with their current list, to give up a player, which will weaken them, to the reigning premier, which will strengthen them, for two middling picks that no-one wants to swap a top 10 pick for. Is that about the sum of it?

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

The sum of it was clubs with top 10 picks held onto them for the draft or to trade in a player they wanted.

And Kelly actually isnt worth a top 10 pick.

Its not that hard to understand. Unless you are a Cats supporter.

Wells demanded an exceptuonal deal. Quote unquote.

Not a fair deal.

Not a reasonable deal.

An exceptional deal.

So you have a wife and kids?

Did your empliyer force them to relocate to where you work?

Na. Didnt think so.

Yes, I have a wife and kids.

My employer didn't force my family or I to do anything. We lived in WA for 7 years by choice and moved back to Vic a year ago by choice. We decided we wanted to live back in Victoria so we did. I commute to WA to work.

Geelong didn't force Tim Kelly's family to move to Geelong. They could have stayed in WA and he moved to Geelong for work on his own, it was their choice to all move.

There's 1000s of people doing this all over the country every week, he's not special. I'm sure they dozens of men and women that I spend 4 - 6 hours sleeping on the floor of the International Terminal at Perth Airport wouldn't think that he's special either.

Oops. Nice try.

The sum of it was clubs with top 10 picks held onto them for the draft or to trade in a player they wanted.

Wells demanded an exceptional deal. Quote unquote.

Not a fair deal.

Not a reasonable deal.

An exceptional deal.

According to WCE supporters he is worth a top 10 pick because you were prepared to give Geelong picks 20 and 22 which you've all told us is the equivalent of pick 6.

So using your logic Geelong knocked back the equivalent of pick 6 which I would have thought is pretty exceptional.

Wells demanded an exceptuonal deal. Quote unquote.

Not a fair deal.

Not a reasonable deal.

An exceptional deal.
Kelly is worth around pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I have a wife and kids.

My employer didn't force my family or I to do anything. We lived in WA for 7 years by choice and moved back to Vic a year ago by choice. We decided we wanted to live back in Victoria so we did. I commute to WA to work.

Geelong didn't force Tim Kelly's family to move to Geelong. They could have stayed in WA and he moved to Geelong for work on his own, it was their choice to all move.

There's 1000s of people doing this all over the country every week, he's not special. I'm sure they dozens of men and women that I spend 4 - 6 hours sleeping on the floor of the International Terminal at Perth Airport wouldn't think that he's special either.

Oops. Nice try.

So FIFO is an option for Tim is it? Wow not heard this one before.

Please Id love for you to explain how Tim could play AFL for Geelong and his family stay where they prefer to live ( like you do).

What roster do you have two weeks on one off?

So how would that work for the Kelly's and Geelong?

Nice try!;)

So FIFO is an option for Tim is it? Wow not heard this one before.

Please Id love for you to explain how Tim could play AFL for Geelong and his family stay where they prefer to live ( like you do).

What roster do you have two weeks on one off?

So how would that work for the Kelly's and Geelong?

Nice try!;)

Nah, you don't get off that easy.

Tim doesn't have to play AFL for Geelong, he could have played for Freo, he could have not nominated and stayed in the WAFL, he could sit out for a year or he could find a job not footy related. He could be a stay at home dad and send the missus out to work. He/they had/have options. Lot's of people make choices / sacrifices for all sorts of reasons for their work / family.

I work 2 weeks on and 4 weeks off, I've been doing that since August. Previously I did 2 weeks on and 1 week off. I didn't like the limited time I was getting at home with my family, so as a family we had choices, find a job back in Victoria or find another job on WA with a better roster, we made the decision for me to go onto a job share / part time roster. I had to switch divisions within the same company to do that and we gave up 54% of my 2/1 salary (which was less than an AFL rookie).

Tim and his wife appear not to want to have to make any sacrifices, they want their cake and eat it too, if it pans out for them then good luck, they've done well. If it doesn't, they'll have some hard decisions to make. From a selfish, footy point of view, I get the feeling that Tim doesn't particularly care, as posted previously, I think it's more the wife and mother in law.

Tim doesn't have to play AFL for Geelong, he could have played for Freo, he could have not nominated and stayed in the WAFL, he could sit out for a year or he could find a job not footy related. He could be a stay at home dad and send the missus out to work. He/they had/have options. Lot's of people make choices / sacrifices for all sorts of reasons for their work / family.

I work 2 weeks on and 4 weeks off, I've been doing that since August. Previously I did 2 weeks on and 1 week off. I didn't like the limited time I was getting at home with my family, so as a family we had choices, find a job back in Victoria or find another job on WA with a better roster, we made the decision for me to go onto a job share / part time roster. I had to switch divisions within the same company to do that and we gave up 54% of my 2/1 salary (which was less than an AFL rookie).

Tim and his wife appear not to want to have to make any sacrifices, they want their cake and eat it too, if it pans out for them then good luck, they've done well. If it doesn't, they'll have some hard decisions to make. From a selfish, footy point of view, I get the feeling that Tim doesn't particularly care, as posted previously, I think it's more the wife and mother in law.

He could have done this, he could have done that.

He could have also challenged the draft and gone to team he wants. Yeh?

Freo? Freo only had pick 14....didn’t we essentially get Sydney’s pick 13 and offer it? So not sure why they are in conversation....wouldn’t have been good enough for Geelong.

As for his job, unlike you, Tim actually had no choice where to go. You did and you do. And you can quit anytime and go wherever you want. He can’t. So not really the same. He is under contract, fair enough. But next year he isn’t

Now to say that he should have thrown his career if he wanted to be his family so badly is frankly outrageous. Why? Wce were going to take him! He knew that, wce knew that and Geelong knew that.

Now I bet you don’t think your FIFO is a long term proposition. Not sustainable? Same with kelly and his situation. Its not sustainable long term, but he can stick it out for another season. Just like probably how you think. To say he either needs to leave now or not at all is just plain simplistic thinking made by people who actually are simpletons and don’t get it.

Why the word of words though? One more year and he is off. Irrespective of what Kellys think. At end of day they can have their cake and eat it.

He could have done this, he could have done that.

He could have also challenged the draft and gone to team he wants. Yeh?

Freo? Freo only had pick 14....didn’t we essentially get Sydney’s pick 13 and offer it? So not sure why they are in conversation....wouldn’t have been good enough for Geelong.

As for his job, unlike you, Tim actually had no choice where to go. You did and you do. And you can quit anytime and go wherever you want. He can’t. So not really the same. He is under contract, fair enough. But next year he isn’t

Now to say that he should have thrown his career if he wanted to be his family so badly is frankly outrageous. Why? Wce were going to take him! He knew that, wce knew that and Geelong knew that.

Now I bet you don’t think your FIFO is a long term proposition. Not sustainable? Same with kelly and his situation. Its not sustainable long term, but he can stick it out for another season. Just like probably how you think. To say he either needs to leave now or not at all is just plain simplistic thinking made by people who actually are simpletons and don’t get it.

Why the word of words though? One more year and he is off. Irrespective of what Kellys think. At end of day they can have their cake and eat it.

Tim 100% had a choice on where he wanted to go, (HELLO) HE DIDN'T HAVE TO NOMINATE, he doesn't have to be a footballer, it just so happens that, that is what he's good at. Contract or no contract, he can quit right now, move with his family back to Perth and find another job. He won't be able to play footy for anyone, but he will be able to work anywhere else he pleases.

On my current roster, FIFO is 100% a long term proposition and very sustainable, why wouldn't it be? I work for 14 days straight doing 12 hour shifts, I then have 28 days off, it works out to 28 hours per week. I even get annual leave, so once a year I can take a swing off which would give me a 10 week break off, it's beautiful. As long as the job doesn't turn s**t, I could work this way until the day I retire.

One day, you'll grow up, move out of mum and dads, you might even have a family. You can start making some real choices then.

Yep. That article in the addy was very much about Caitlin & her family wanting special treatment.

Tim 100% had a choice on where he wanted to go, (HELLO) HE DIDN'T HAVE TO NOMINATE, he doesn't have to be a footballer, it just so happens that, that is what he's good at. Contract or no contract, he can quit right now, move with his family back to Perth and find another job. He won't be able to play footy for anyone, but he will be able to work anywhere else he pleases.

On my current roster, FIFO is 100% a long term proposition and very sustainable, why wouldn't it be? I work for 14 days straight doing 12 hour shifts, I then have 28 days off, it works out to 28 hours per week. I even get annual leave, so once a year I can take a swing off which would give me a 10 week break off, it's beautiful. As long as the job doesn't turn s**t, I could work this way until the day I retire.

One day, you'll grow up, move out of mum and dads, you might even have a family. You can start making some real choices then.
The argument that he didn’t have to nominate is rubbish. His skills are as a footballer, the AFL is the only employer that allows a footballer to make a living wage from their skill set. If he wants to parlay his skills into a career, it is literally the only player in town.

The rest of us can take our skills to another employer and continue to make an equivalent income. He can’t. You talked about giving up one employer for another because of the better circumstances. I’m assuming you didn’t take a pay cut if more than half to do so.

Hahaha Or he can stick it out for a year and go where he wants. You keep ignoring that option. Why can’t he do that?

I am happy for you. You rock. I guess growing up is getting a FIFO job so you don’t have to raise a family. Yeah role model for many.

This is where some just don't get nor understand how the FREE AGENCY & UN CONTRACTED PLAYERS scenario works.
For some reason some people think he will waltz on over to the Eagles for a tube of pringles & a can of coke.
So if NO trade is agreed to and he opts to walk into the National Draft again.
It would mean he will again go onto the 1st & 2nd year pay scale.(between $130K - $150k pa)
So that's about a $400k pa drop in wages for those 2 years (Compared to the 1.8mil over 3 years thats been offered).
Looking into the future i would say that Fremantle would be picking in the top 4-6 picks whilst WCE will be picking 12-16.
Giving the Dockers an instant starter in their midfield.
Will be interesting in what he and his agent do this year contract wise.
As a injury would dramatically effect his potential earnings in 2020 and possibly 21-22.
A smart bloke would insure himself from possible loss of earnings with a signed contract for at least another 3 years to solidify his earning capacity i would think.
As we know as a 24 year old he has about 5 years to earn himself decent coin to set the family up for life.

Anyways... Some points to ponder...

Cheers Boys!!

This is incorrect, if a player has been on an AFL list previously they can nominate terms as in years and money and any team that drafts him will have to meet those terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back