Uncontracted Tim Kelly

ghostbat12

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong would of just offered money adelaide couldnt match if a low ball trade didnt occur and the crows knew it which is why they accepted unders. This isnt the situation with kelly.
Yeh but they didn’t offer more money. So that’s just speculation.

In the world where afl fears whole draft thing falling over - kelly will get to where he wants.

Couple of extra GMHB games next year to sweeten the deal.

Besides Geelong will have all this cash and needs currency to get other players in. Letting kelly go to draft doesn’t help with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ghostbat12

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
If he goes to WC the contract that he is offered by them will be a determining factor as to what type of trade value he has. If he's offered north of $750K a year, which appears to be what the jungle drums are saying, then WC need to cough up with a trade that is commensurate to a player that they clearly rate.
Yep - same with Geelong. Don’t offer 500k and expect two first rounders

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
AFL Club
Carlton
Seems to me that Geelong will continue to their hard line stance on Telly, and expect fair compensation if he wants to leave, but you do wonder if this is because they honestly rate him that highly or trying to toughen up their reputation at the trade table ?

I think The Cats' demands is perfectly fine, but it could also backfire.

I now firmly think he should stay at Geelong, but who knows what his partner and family want ? He probably needs new manager than his current one, who seems more shady than Saul Goodman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeds

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeh but they didn’t offer more money. So that’s just speculation.

In the world where afl fears whole draft thing falling over - kelly will get to where he wants.

Couple of extra GMHB games next year to sweeten the deal.

Besides Geelong will have all this cash and needs currency to get other players in. Letting kelly go to draft doesn’t help with that.
This is what you all said last year. It didnt happen.

kane22

Team Captain
AFL Club
St Kilda
To be fair you're talking about GWS and West Coast who have Hutchings and De Boar who are the 2 best taggers at the moment and have just about dominated everyone in the league. I actually think Kelly has done well consideringly and will only improve on dealing with a tag. It actually shows the importance of him if out of danger ablett, selwood and Duncan he gets tagged

Seeds

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems to me that Geelong will continue to their hard line stance on Telly, and expect fair compensation if he wants to leave, but you do wonder if this is because they honestly rate him that highly or trying to toughen up their reputation at the trade table ?

I think The Cats' demands is perfectly fine, but it could also backfire.

I now firmly think he should stay at Geelong, but who knows what his partner and family want ? He probably needs new manager than his current one, who seems more shady than Saul Goodman.
The guy is one of the leaders in the brownlow for a reason. Just came off a 36 touch game and kicked two freak goals. And you question us whether we rate him?

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Geelong have all the leverage. If a suitable deal isnt made then Kelly has no choice but to stay, or perhaps risk being picked up by Carlton or North.
Doesn’t happen that way anymore.
Players end up getting to their club of choice these days, particularly the good ones.
West Coast will offer up their first rounder and Geelong will eventually reluctantly accept it.

Wild Bill

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Players end up getting to their club of choice these days, particularly the good ones.
West Coast will offer up their first rounder and Geelong will eventually reluctantly accept it.
There is little chance they would accept 1 pick in the teens. He is 1 of the premier mids in the comp.

Seeds

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
No one is going to listen to the thoughts of a richmond supporter on geelong. Pointless you posting. No one is going to trade a gun 25 year old for only pick 16-20.. It just wont happen. Geelong rejected two pick 19-22s last year. Freo offered pick 12 last year. Might of got the deal done them but wont now. Kelly cant get to the eagles through the draft.

kaiserchief13

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Geelong have all the leverage. If a suitable deal isnt made then Kelly has no choice but to stay, or perhaps risk being picked up by Carlton or North.
Kelly can demand 1mill in psd if his form holds up rest of season so don't think he'd be too upset going to a team like North. He wont be at Geelong in 2020 that is for sure

ghostbat12

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
No one is going to listen to the thoughts of a richmond supporter on geelong. Pointless you posting. No one is going to trade a gun 25 year old for only pick 16-20.. It just wont happen. Geelong rejected two pick 19-22s last year. Freo offered pick 12 last year. Might of got the deal done them but wont now. Kelly cant get to the eagles through the draft.
And Geelong can’t have additional picks such as 12 or 16 or whatever if he gets released to the draft.

Geelong ageing stars need as many players in as possible.

Top Bottom