Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that Geelong will continue to their hard line stance on Telly, and expect fair compensation if he wants to leave, but you do wonder if this is because they honestly rate him that highly or trying to toughen up their reputation at the trade table ?

I think The Cats' demands is perfectly fine, but it could also backfire.

I now firmly think he should stay at Geelong, but who knows what his partner and family want ? He probably needs new manager than his current one, who seems more shady than Saul Goodman.

Geelong have no leverage with Kelly out of contract. West Coasts first this year should get the deal done.

Geelong have all the leverage. If a suitable deal isnt made then Kelly has no choice but to stay, or perhaps risk being picked up by Carlton or North.

Yeh but they didn’t offer more money. So that’s just speculation.

In the world where afl fears whole draft thing falling over - kelly will get to where he wants.

Couple of extra GMHB games next year to sweeten the deal.

Besides Geelong will have all this cash and needs currency to get other players in. Letting kelly go to draft doesn’t help with that.
This is what you all said last year. It didnt happen.

And vs GWS ?
To be fair you're talking about GWS and West Coast who have Hutchings and De Boar who are the 2 best taggers at the moment and have just about dominated everyone in the league. I actually think Kelly has done well consideringly and will only improve on dealing with a tag. It actually shows the importance of him if out of danger ablett, selwood and Duncan he gets tagged

Seems to me that Geelong will continue to their hard line stance on Telly, and expect fair compensation if he wants to leave, but you do wonder if this is because they honestly rate him that highly or trying to toughen up their reputation at the trade table ?

I think The Cats' demands is perfectly fine, but it could also backfire.

I now firmly think he should stay at Geelong, but who knows what his partner and family want ? He probably needs new manager than his current one, who seems more shady than Saul Goodman.
The guy is one of the leaders in the brownlow for a reason. Just came off a 36 touch game and kicked two freak goals. And you question us whether we rate him?

Geelong have all the leverage. If a suitable deal isnt made then Kelly has no choice but to stay, or perhaps risk being picked up by Carlton or North.
Doesn’t happen that way anymore.
Players end up getting to their club of choice these days, particularly the good ones.
West Coast will offer up their first rounder and Geelong will eventually reluctantly accept it.

Players end up getting to their club of choice these days, particularly the good ones.
West Coast will offer up their first rounder and Geelong will eventually reluctantly accept it.
There is little chance they would accept 1 pick in the teens. He is 1 of the premier mids in the comp.

No one is going to listen to the thoughts of a richmond supporter on geelong. Pointless you posting. No one is going to trade a gun 25 year old for only pick 16-20.. It just wont happen. Geelong rejected two pick 19-22s last year. Freo offered pick 12 last year. Might of got the deal done them but wont now. Kelly cant get to the eagles through the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly can demand 1mill in psd if his form holds up rest of season so don't think he'd be too upset going to a team like North. He wont be at Geelong in 2020 that is for sure

No one is going to listen to the thoughts of a richmond supporter on geelong. Pointless you posting. No one is going to trade a gun 25 year old for only pick 16-20.. It just wont happen. Geelong rejected two pick 19-22s last year. Freo offered pick 12 last year. Might of got the deal done them but wont now. Kelly cant get to the eagles through the draft.

And Geelong can’t have additional picks such as 12 or 16 or whatever if he gets released to the draft.

Geelong ageing stars need as many players in as possible.

Thanks for your response. You seem to be triggered by Richmond supporters.

Kelly will find a way back home to WA and a deal will get done. I’d be surprised if the Cats get any more than what was offered this year, but they have lost significant leverage with him being OOC.

Hopefully for them he will deliver a flag for the Cats before he goes.

Kelly will find a way back home to WA and a deal will get done. I’d be surprised if the Cats get any more than what was offered this year, but they have lost significant leverage with him being OOC.

Don't be too sensitive when it come to forum discussions people just having their opinion.

last year two picks in the 20's was offered, he is currently second in AFLCA and leading the afl.com.au Brownlow predictor.
If he managed to win the Brownlow and receive AA selection at 24 years old, do you still think he's only worth 2 picks in the 20s?

If Richmond traded Dusty post 2017 what do you reckon he would have been worth?

When you suggest such ridiculous low ball offers not consistent with trades of similar players in recent history then its hard to conclude you just aint another tigers supporter triggered by geelong. Kelly choose geelong over freemantle last year. No one is going to believe he will risk the draft if he wouldnt even choose freemantle over geelong.

Kelly can demand 1mill in psd if his form holds up rest of season so don't think he'd be too upset going to a team like North. He wont be at Geelong in 2020 that is for sure

I assumed that if he were to leave it would be to go back West, but youre right, if Geelong did try force his hand he could simply take maximum dollars to play at a Carlton or North. The likelihood of things breaking down to that extent would be slim, as Geelong have already made it known after last trade period how much they want him to remain a part of their club. If he does go West it will be for nothing less than a fair deal.

GWS and Gold Coast were fairly compensated for the OOC Shiel, Treloar and O’Meara, all of which are comparable trades.

Kelly is absolutely worth two first round picks.

GWS and Gold Coast were fairly compensated for the OOC Shiel, Treloar and O’Meara, all of which are comparable trades.

Kelly is absolutely worth two first round picks.

Shiel (25) was not out of contract. Two firsts, second back.
Treloar (22) was out of contract. Two firsts, second back.
O'Meara (22) was out of contract. Traded for first plus future second. St Kilda arguably got more for pick 10 than GC did but Hawthorn gonna Hawthorn.

Tom Mitchell (23) was out of contract. Pick 14.
Patrick Dangerfield (25) was out of contract and a RFA. Picks 9 and 28 and Dean Gore.
Devon Smith (24) was out of contract. Picks 11 and future third, 25 and future second coming back.

The thing about picking and choosing is that anyone can do it. Dangerfield at 25 years old was absolutely worth two top 10 picks but he wasn't even traded for two firsts. You can't claim 'he was a free agent it's different' and then ignore any possible factor that doesn't give Kelly the highest trade value possible. That isn't how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back