Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Your list manager and recruitment team are pretty bloody good. I'm not sure why you refuse to concede that he erred on this occasion.

I think you answered your own question. I'm prepared to back them in that what was requested was overs at the time of trade.

If there's no trade this year it's really not the end of the world.

Beca
I think you answered your own question. I'm prepared to back them in that what was requested was overs at the time of trade.

Because they're good, you refuse to accept that they may have made a poor judgement call?

I don't think they'd be as good as they are if they also refused to reflect on their decisions and just assumed they got them all right because theyre good.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

Um we have proof this year that it wasnt overs. To be honest we had proof last year but this is now undeniable with his form now.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So why did Bucks give me 5 votes? Goodwin 4? Pyke 4? Woosha 4 or 5? B Scott 5?

He has been best or 2nd best on ground in 5 out of 9 games. Its an amazing effort.

Good luck trying to talk that down.

I never said Kelly played badly in games mentioned above. But I think there is a tendency to pump up Kelly’s coaches votes by Geelong coaches. That’s why Geelong coaches give more votes than opposition coaches.

Last week classic example. Apparently he can get votes when he barely does anything for 3.5 quarters.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I never said Kelly played badly in games mentioned above. But I think there is a tendency to pump up Kelly’s coaches votes by Geelong coaches. That’s why Geelong coaches give more votes than opposition coaches.

Last week classic example. Apparently he can get votes when he barely does anything for 3.5 quarters.
But we have 5 other coaches that have given him best or 2nd best on ground.

That has zero to do with the Geelong coaches. It actually proves that Chris Scott giving him best or 2nd best on ground was spot on.

You need to remove your tin foil hat.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
But we have 5 other coaches that have given him best or 2nd best on ground.

That has zero to do with the Geelong coaches. It actually proves that Chris Scott giving him best or 2nd best on ground was spot on.

You need to remove your tin foil hat.

Yep so which group consistently gives higher votes to kelly? Geelong or opposition coaches?

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Yep so which group consistently gives higher votes to kelly? Geelong or opposition coaches?

In round 1 the Collingwood coaches gave him 5 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches

In round 2 the Demons coaches gave him 4 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches

In round 3 the Crows coaches gave him 4 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches

In round 7 he either got 4 or 5 from the Essendon coaches and either 4 or 5 from the Geelong coaches.

In round 8 the North coaches gave him 5 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches.

They have consitantly given the same votes - with a 1 vote swing potentially in the ess game.

You need to move on - you're clealy wrong - there is no loading up Kelly's coaches votes to push his price up.

He has 5 best or 2nd best on grounds because of only 1 reason - he is a gun.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
In round 1 the Collingwood coaches gave him 5 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches

In round 2 the Demons coaches gave him 4 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches

In round 3 the Crows coaches gave him 4 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches

In round 7 he either got 4 or 5 from the Essendon coaches and either 4 or 5 from the Geelong coaches.

In round 8 the North coaches gave him 5 votes - the same as the Geelong coaches.

They have consitantly given the same votes - with a 1 vote swing potentially in the ess game.

You need to move on - you're clealy wrong - there is no loading up Kelly's coaches votes to push his price up.

He has 5 best or 2nd best on grounds because of only 1 reason - he is a gun.

Hard talking reason with these WC nuffies. Even when faced with the facts they will still deny it. Quite comical really.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Because they're good, you refuse to accept that they may have made a poor judgement call?

I don't think they'd be as good as they are if they also refused to reflect on their decisions and just assumed they got them all right because theyre good.

I "refuse"' to judge them based on constantly changing reported claims.

Um we have proof this year that it wasnt overs. To be honest we had proof last year but this is now undeniable with his form now.

You don't know what proof means.

Anyhoo, if Sydney demanded two first round picks for Tom Mitchell and Hawthorn refused would that have been "proof" that Mitchell was worth two first round picks?

Hard talking reason with these WC nuffies. Even when faced with the facts they will still deny it. Quite comical really.

How many people are debating the merits of coaches votes exactly? Most fans of all clubs couldn't give a s**t. Bit surprising to see a player not named in the bests pick up 3 votes but there are surprising coaches votes every week. One of the coaches didn't think Elliot Yeo was BOG on the weekend so I don't know which game they were watching.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If they sign him watch how quickly they see what the entire football world see.

Only thing that is dillusional is Geelong fans’ view of how it will pan out at end of season and what they will get.

I don’t remember any Geelong fans pumping up Dangerfield when that was negotiated. All sorts were said.

strauchnyy

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Only thing that is dillusional is Geelong fans’ view of how it will pan out at end of season and what they will get.

I don’t remember any Geelong fans pumping up Dangerfield when that was negotiated. All sorts were said.

Um yeh that's because the argument was about whether to pay for a FA or not.

Dangerfield trade has nothing to do with this as the GFC are the only club to trade for a RFA. If Danger was not a FA we would have had to cough up double to what we did.

TK will be worth 2 x R1 picks forming the basis of the trade. It's about as certain as gravity. If you think otherwise, prepare for major disappointment.

Last edited:
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Right so there is no coaching bias pumping up Kelly’s worth?

On that - what is his worth and what do you think the eagles will trade - if he picks you?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

Only facts we have is eagles fans were wrong last year on how it would play out and geelong fans were right. Eagles fans were wrong on how good he would be this year and geelong fans were right.

Lets keep listening to eagles fans.

Sydney traded 13 for 26 and 28. As I posted recently if a team is bidding in the first round the points value of picks comes into play massively.

Ignoring points bidding I would say most teams wouldn't do 20 + 22 for 9 in most drafts. We once did 6 for 11 & 31 so different teams have different motivations depending on the draft.

Adelaide did 10 -> 14 for 47 -> 35 in 2014. Closest trade I can think of is the Bulldogs trading pick 11 and a future 3rd for picks 20 and 21 in 2015. So 9 for 20 + 22 isn't wildly outside the realms of possibility, but it's not a given. IMO 9/10 is about equal to 15 + 25. You're probably better off on draft day with 15 and 25 but 9/10 holds more value as an asset.
Ironically in both of those trades the player taken later has turned out to have the better career so far

Drafting is and always will be an inexact science. Only on BigFooty will you find people arguing that picks in the 20s are worthless when discussing a player drafted at pick 24...
West Coast and Adelaide also IDed their men in both of those drafts, I believe, and knew they'd slide.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast and Adelaide also IDed their men in both of those drafts, I believe, and knew they'd slide.

No idea about Lever but yeah we were pretty keen on Sheed (pick 11, first WA player chosen) and wanted a second round pick to trade for Yeo. Given we ended up trading 28 and using 31 on Karpany it was a bit of a non event. I'd take Sheed over all the players chosen 6-10 and I don't think there was any chance of Josh Kelly or Bontempelli going that late... ended up being a big period for us adding Sheed, Barrass, Yeo and upgrading McGovern to the senior list. A better return than 2007 when we had 3, 13, 20, 22. Swings and roundabouts.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Only facts we have is eagles fans were wrong last year on how it would play out and geelong fans were right. Eagles fans were wrong on how good he would be this year and geelong fans were right.

Lets keep listening to eagles fans.

Hahaha and how do Geelong fans think it will pan out this year?

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Um yeh that's because the argument was about whether to pay for a FA or not.

Dangerfield trade has nothing to do with this as the GFC are the only club to trade for a RFA. If Danger was not a FA we would have had to cough up double to what we did.

TK will be worth 2 x R1 picks forming the basis of the trade. It's about as certain as gravity. If you think otherwise, prepare for major disappointment.

Here we go again. You traded for him because you couldn’t get him as a FA due to money involved.

What someone is worth has some value. Leverage has more value.

Why would any WA team give up 2x 1st rounders? Not like there are 7 other clubs ready to pounce.

Here we go again. You traded for him because you couldn’t get him as a FA due to money involved.

What someone is worth has some value. Leverage has more value.

Why would any WA team give up 2x 1st rounders? Not like there are 7 other clubs ready to pounce.

Couldnt and didnt want to are not the same thing.

WCE wont get Kelly for less than 2 R1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back