Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sympathy and goodwill goes both ways remember.

If Kelly again nominates the Eagles its do a deal or the Eagles trade down for a first lower than Freo's.

If Wells throws his toys out the cot and refuses to deal with Kelly's preferred club the goodwill is gone.

What gives the Cats any right to dictate who Kelly works for?

They will get back as min the pick they used to draft him two drafts ago PLUS a 1st rounder.

The geelong football clubs interest is to get what’s in its best interest and if that’s getting him home to Fremantle instead then we need to push that. We owe Tim kelly nothing except the offer of a good next contract which we will do.

I’m not sure why you believe we owe him anything. He has only served our club two years. I couldn’t care two cents where kelly feels like playing. And Stephen wells sure showed already that he doesn’t either

And he was coming off extremely bad knee recos and uncertainty if he would ever be right to go or a high quality player again.

Omeara under extreme injury uncertainty- pick 10 + 26

Treloar- pick 5 + 7
Shiel- pick 8 + essendon first this year.

Yet your claiming kelly is worth pick 19+ 23

Lol

Corrected.

Trelor AND GWS 2nd for 5 + 7.

So you totally ignored the 2nd rounds coming back.

A desperate to improve Bombers chased an in contract player. Ended up Shiels AND GWS 2nd for pick 8 + 2019 1st(pick 8-9-10-11???).

That pretty much equates to one top 10 pick plus a late 1st. With one of those deals being a player under contract.

And to round this off are those two players really worth those picks? Shiels can't kick and Trelor is a good mid but geez 5 + 7 good? I'd say both clubs paid more than they should have for what they've got in return.

The geelong football clubs interest is to get what’s in its best interest and if that’s getting him home to Fremantle instead then we need to push that. We owe Tim kelly nothing except the offer of a good next contract which we will do.

I’m not sure why you believe we owe him anything. He has only served our club two years. I couldn’t care two cents where kelly feels like playing. And Stephen wells sure showed already that he doesn’t either

So Geelong owes Kelly nothing.

But Kelly should do the right thing by Geelong and go to whoever they prefer not who he prefers?

That is how you feel it should work?

How about this. Both parties don't owe anything to the other. The club doesn't own Kelly and they aren't selling anything because he's out of contract. They will get significantly upgraded draft pick compensation compared to what they used to get him. It is Kelly who worked his backside off after every club over looked him for five drafts to become as good as he is and that started game 1 2018. Geelong didn't spend years and hundreds of thousands of dollars developing him, Kelly did. So Kelly is a self made footballer who should be in control of his own destiny.......not a club that 'rented' his services for two years.

But Kelly should do the right thing by Geelong and go to whoever they prefer not who he prefers?

How about this. Both parties don't owe anything to the other. The club doesn't own Kelly and they aren't selling anything because he's out of contract. They will get significantly upgraded draft pick compensation compared to what they used to get him. It is Kelly who worked his backside off after every club over looked him for five drafts to become as good as he is and that started game 1 2018. Geelong didn't spend years and hundreds of thousands of dollars developing him, Kelly did. So Kelly is a self made footballer who should be in control of his own destiny.......not a club that 'rented' his services for two years.
haha I dropped of this thread as it became very redundant. Lovely to know nothing has changed in the last 40 pages.

"Hundreds of thousands of dollars" lmao

Corrected.

Trelor AND GWS 2nd for 5 + 7.

So you totally ignored the 2nd rounds coming back.

A desperate to improve Bombers chased an in contract player. Ended up Shiels AND GWS 2nd for pick 8 + 2019 1st(pick 8-9-10-11???).

That pretty much equates to one top 10 pick plus a late 1st. With one of those deals being a player under contract.

And to round this off are those two players really worth those picks? Shiels can't kick and Trelor is a good mid but geez 5 + 7 good? I'd say both clubs paid more than they should have for what they've got in return.

Yes I did it above accurately I just did it then off the top of my head which you responded to as I cbf googling it each time.

Two top ten picks will be the price for both with a late second rounder going back to both clubs. Not an early second.

The second going back is more steak knives than anything that significantly shifts the value.

Those trades would be the same value kelly is worth.

The idea of your pick 19+ 23 is ridiculous.

I can see worst case your two first rounders, but more fair would be also your second coming our way given how low your first rounders will be

But geelong does own kelly we drafted him we developed him into the footballer he is. He wasn’t a browlow medalist level footy player while at the WAFL. That’s what geelong transformed him into, not kelly himself.

No different to any other kid aged 18 who is drafted then wants to walk out after two years of a contract.

Should I feel sorry that kelly was a lazy footballer as a junior and missed that boat? Absolutely not. And by his own admissions he was a lazy footballer and not up to it.

If kelly wanted to play AFL football under the conditions that he plays wherever he feels like playing with and that club who drafted him just has to accept whatever average picks they give, well.. too bad.

We will get maximum value and west coast will cough up, news is he is now. For open to Fremantle because of how you guys screwed him last year and wouldn’t pay fair value. Hopefully he chooses Fremantle and we can get a fair deal done.

That argument works both ways. If Kelly says he wants to get home for family reasons and then refuses to talk to one of the two clubs who can get him home then that erodes the goodwill.
Oh come on, you know he has issues with Freo. If i presented you with two girls to go out with and one was gorgeous and the other was homely and plain which one would you go out with. Besides it is his life and ultimately he is the one who wants to be happy....not you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong won't play hard ball. Tim has legitimate reasons to go home. Tim said he would rather play for geelong than Fremantle last year hence he was happy to stay. There is genuine anguish from Tim as he absolutely loves the club.

Reckon there are going to be some angry geelong supporters in this trade period. We tend to let players go for unders.

Usually they are players that have little trade value, or players the club doesn't eant/need...

People stating he won't go to Fremantle, because last year he refusrd might be dissapointed. He probably said he will go to either club, because WCE won't have the cap space to accommodate his salary demands.. If he leaves the Cats the money factor will be as important to location. Fremanlle are a big chance IMO.

The dangerfield trade screwed Adelaide... If there was future picks that could be traded we would of had to give up 2 x r1 picks..

Ha no, we were just unusually incompetent in that trade. It was an absolutely shocking trade that should have had anyone on Adelaides side sacked. Og course on the Geelong side, they all deserved pay rises...

Ha no, we were just unusually incompetent in that trade. It was an absolutely shocking trade that should have had anyone on Adelaides side sacked. Og course on the Geelong side, they all deserved pay rises...
The Crows got him to Geelong in good faith because he wanted to go home

Geelong only understand what good faith is, if they are the destination

People stating he won't go to Fremantle, because last year he refusrd might be dissapointed. He probably said he will go to either club, because WCE won't have the cap space to accommodate his salary demands.. If he leaves the Cats the money factor will be as important to location. Fremanlle are a big chance IMO.
If Freo can pay him the big bucks they are definitely a factor

Scrapping the salary cap would be a disastrous move for the AFL.

Scrapping the draft wouldn't have as big an effect on competitiveness across the league if a cap remained in place.

The NRL has no draft and out of contract players just sign where they want and they've had I think 11 different teams win the premiership this century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back