Not open for further replies.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
You don't watch much footy do you.
Kelly comes from my local wafl club, to which my family has long association.

I have a pretty good grasp of most issues that surrounded him before and after getting drafted.

I watched him play for YEARS long before your football club had even heard of him.

Pound for pound yes Tim Kelly would be worth more , however it’s you who I suggest doesn’t watch much football as brad hill is having a career best season and has been mentioned quite few times in AA discussions- he ll be in the very least in the 40 man squad .

However As Scotland noted the trade is not even.
Kelly is uncontracted, brad has 2 years left.
Atm brad hill is ALOT more than you can expect from WC in a trade.

Also outside a top 5 pick I’d say wells would also agree.

I don't believe Hill will leave but straight swap doesn't mean equivalent player. Hill is under contract, Freo have greater leverage. If Kelly had two years left on a contract West Coast wouldn't be sniffing around.
Kelly comes from my local wafl club, to which my family has long association.

I have a pretty good grasp of most issues that surrounded him before and after getting drafted.

I watched him play for YEARS long before your football club had even heard of him.

Pound for pound yes Tim Kelly would be worth more , however it’s you who I suggest doesn’t watch much football as brad hill is having a career best season and has been mentioned quite few times in AA discussions- he ll be in the very least in the 40 man squad .

However As Scotland noted the trade is not even.
Kelly is uncontracted, brad has 2 years left.
Atm brad hill is ALOT more than you can expect from WC in a trade.

Also outside a top 5 pick I’d say wells would also agree.
Maybe, but judging from the below I'm not sure how much leverage Hills contract gives
eb89173b-f32e-4ec1-a8ef-a2473fbb3650-jpeg.705379

If this body language is anything to go by I think I know why Brad Hill might want out.

Though I can see his PoV. He has spent most of his career under one of the best coaches in the modern era and then experiences Ross Lyon.
EB89173B-F32E-4EC1-A8EF-A2473FBB3650.jpeg

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Gonna go out on a limb and say that a contract with years remaining is worth more than a screenshot from a post game presentation in terms of leverage.

Also Hill and Kelly are roughly the same age with Hill being one year older. I'm pretty confident that if Hill was in his second season of AFL footy with the Cats playing at the level he currently is at Freo and wanted to join WC that Geelong fans would still be asking for top 10 picks, two firsts etc.

JammoMonty

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just on Hill, his previous manager organised the last contract. He is having a break out season and his manger (Colin Young) who is a massive flog, is looking to cash in on it.

Player who wants to get off the field but the presentation keeps going... and going...
Watch the actual video not the conveniently timed screenshots
😂 You Nuffie. Hill thought the presentation was over. Ross was asking them to uncross their arms and put them behind their backs. You read to much into this. 😂
Points taken and comment withdrawn. I stand by my comment that Hill isn't going to suit the cats needs but is probably a good candidate for a 3 way trade

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rightly so. Well within his rights to chase more cash.
He is.
But he’s still got 2 years left on his current one.
There’s only so much you can double dip

Also by that token does that mean when a player signs a sizeable contract then preceedes to struggle the club can turn around and say “hey reckon we can get you taking a little less now your not playing to the same standards”?

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is.
But he’s still got 2 years left on his current one.
There’s only so much you can double dip

Also by that token does that mean when a player signs a sizeable contract then preceedes to struggle the club can turn around and say “hey reckon we can get you taking a little less now your not playing to the same standards”?
We accept the risk that his performance drops after signing and if he accepts the risk that his performances improves that we might reject his request for more money or a trade.

If his contract was front loaded then chasing more money now is a bitch rich. I know it's not uncommon for a player to get most of their contract value at the front and then when the deal starts to pay less they go looking for new options.
Again, I don't care as we hold all the cards at trade with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back