Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
WCE don’t do these things like trying to poach players one yr into a contract , the Kelly camp obviously aroused WCE interests and why wouldn’t they be interested if Kelly wanted out of Victoria..
WCE tried to facilitate a trade which may seem like poaching to people who do not understand..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its Bay 13 stuff: the other mob have done the wrong thing, they are trying to screw us.

In the Kelly case a minority of Cats fans cant accept Ms Kelly wants to go home, see it as a rejection of their footy club, when anyone of sound mind knows its reality.
Most footy fans understand professional clubs like Geelong are quick to extend the contracts of recruits, this year it was April 9 when Jordan Clark signed a new contract, did Geelong not know very early on on 2018 that he (Kelly) was not happy to re sign, as I say Bay 13 stuff .... what should Kellys manager do, he works for Kelly not any club, should he not ...

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
If the Eagles Land Kelly by god will that midfield be OP. Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, Gaff and Kelly

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both have made good offers if you believe what has been reported. Our high picks are going to give Geelong good leverage over WC. I think we will only come into the picture if WC can't satisfy Geelong, then Geelong will try and push Kelly our way or try to convince him to stay again. If he is really keen to come home this time, and he can't get to WC, he will accept us, I think.

That’s what I’m thinking also. Unless Freos offer ends up significantly more than WCEs, which could happen if hill requests out.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
I'd swap three and four around; while I'm sure he doesn't want to screw over Geelong, he will still put all his priorities first, just as Geelong would put their first.
fair point. Point 4 can change quickly though depending on a lot more variables

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Kind of goes both ways though, are WC all talk to try and lure Kelly home for much of 2018 but then actually fail to get the deal done. You can act like they are the good guys just trying to get TK home to his family but we all know if TK had an average year last year then they would have had no interest in trying to poach him last year.

Lure Tim home?

Pretty sure you are ignoring the issue. Tim's family situation is driving the need / want to return home not the Eagles.

Tim was courted by the Eagles pre draft, Freo didn't make an effort to talk to him. Rumour is this is one of the reasons he prefers the Eagles.

As for making a commitment to trade for him I would be stunned if the Eagles unconditionally promised to get him home no matter what Geelong demanded.

"Tim we will get you home no matter what the cost!"

The post you originally replied to was discussing the difference between the coaches and their views on family. Simpson is a family first coach. Last year his daughter was sick so he flew home and handed the game day role to his assistants. His statement "family always comes first".

Scott's comments on Steven's at the Saints wasn't so favourable towards family concerns.

Like I said Scott needs to tread carefully when commenting on family needs versus player contracts.

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

lol they did it last trade period...Freo offered pick 14 for him even though he nominated WC

Not sure whats more embarrassing, posters telling me it didnt happen or posters cant remember 8 months ago

sorry if facts counter your 'silly' opinion
There were late rumblings that Fremantle were willing to offer pick 14 for Kelly if he would agree to join the Dockers, but nothing ultimately came of this.

Unfounded rumours and it was under the provision that he would want to join them.

Try again

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
That’s less than what they wanted last year. We refused to hand over 20, 22 and a first rounder.

20 and 22 are second rounders though really. They picked him at 24.......
I’d rather have somehow managed to package picks in the 20s than having to pay 2 firsts now when he’s having a Brownlow fancy season

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
There were late rumblings that Fremantle were willing to offer pick 14 for Kelly if he would agree to join the Dockers, but nothing ultimately came of this.

Unfounded rumours and it was under the provision that he would want to join them.

Try again

shifting the goal posts
all i stated was that Freo tried to poach Kelly even though he nominated WC..several posters stated they didn't including yourself who stated it was 'silly'

well done on proving yourself wrong

ps I wont bother showing you the video i found of Peter Bell stating on the 1st day of the trade period Freo were interested in Kelly

dum dum

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
shifting the goal posts
all i stated was that Freo tried to poach Kelly even though he nominated WC..several posters stated they didn't including yourself who stated it was 'silly'

well done on proving yourself wrong

ps I wont bother showing you the video i found of Peter Bell stating on the 1st day of the trade period Freo were interested in Kelly

dum dum
Course Fremantle are interested they would of done there due diligence however I find it incredibly unlikely they tried to upsurpt west coast

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
20 and 22 are second rounders though really. They picked him at 24.......
I’d rather have somehow managed to package picks in the 20s than having to pay 2 firsts now when he’s having a Brownlow fancy season

We turned those two second rounders (and a third rounder) into four second rounders on draft night last year. So two very late first rounders is a significantly better result from our perspective.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Tricky situation now, if reported thinking is to be believed. Kelly wants WCE but hasn't ruled out Freo.

Freo have better picks. Geelong knows that. Why deal with WCE unless they beat Freo's offer somehow? Come last day of trade period Geelong says to Kelly, sorry mate can't get you WCE but we'll do a deal with Freo. Kelly says yes.

WCE will pay through the nose. It'll take plenty to beat Freo's 1st pick.

How did Kelly's manager allow him to say this? Perhaps a little ticked off at WCE after last year and making sure they just offer up and get the deal done this time????

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tricky situation now, if reported thinking is to be believed. Kelly wants WCE but hasn't ruled out Freo.

Freo have better picks. Geelong knows that. Why deal with WCE unless they beat Freo's offer somehow? Come last day of trade period Geelong says to Kelly, sorry mate can't get you WCE but we'll do a deal with Freo. Kelly says yes.

WCE will pay through the nose. It'll take plenty to beat Freo's 1st pick.

How did Kelly's manager allow him to say this? Perhaps a little ticked off at WCE after last year and making sure they just offer up and get the deal done this time????
does not work like that.

Kelly will decide on West Coast and will go for unders.

Cats will use the picks to trade for other players.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
does not work like that.

Kelly will decide on West Coast and will go for unders.

Cats will use the picks to trade for other players.
Players normally nominate one club and one club only. Then your scenario comes true. Kelly hasn't done that here. Remember Dylan Shiel saying how close he came to switching to carlton at the last minute to get his move back home, before Ess coughed a kings ransom for him. I'm expecting a similar situation here unless WCE offer up plenty, earlier then the last day of trade period. That allows Geelong time to do other deals.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Players normally nominate one club and one club only. Then your scenario comes true. Kelly hasn't done that here. Remember Dylan Shiel saying how close he came to switching to carlton at the last minute to get his move back home, before Ess coughed a kings ransom for him. I'm expecting a similar situation here unless WCE offer up plenty, earlier then the last day of trade period. That allows Geelong time to do other deals.
The difference is sheil was contracted but kelly is not .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back