Universal Love Tim McGrath suffering from cancer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything that we, as a Geelong Cats community here, can collectively do to help? We, as a club, are not merely about footy, but are a community and a part of the unique environment of Geelong.

So, for instance, I wouldn't mind sponsoring him, as a part of a collective statement of support from here.

Is there anything that we, as a Geelong Cats community here, can collectively do to help? We, as a club, are not merely about footy, but are a community and a part of the unique environment of Geelong.

So, for instance, I wouldn't mind sponsoring him, as a part of a collective statement of support from here.

The guys on K-Rock are organising a fundraiser for him on Grand Final eve. Apparently they sold half the tickets during the game last night.

Heard this today on game day, very sad news indeed
Remember seeing him as this huge guy when I was a young fan, all the best Tim

Having just finished reading Jim Stynes' gut-wrenching account of his ultimately unsuccessful fight against melanoma, my heart goes out to Tim and his family on hearing that he now also battles melanoma. Best wishes to them in this terrible time.

Having just finished reading Jim Stynes' gut-wrenching account of his ultimately unsuccessful fight against melanoma, my heart goes out to Tim and his family on hearing that he now also battles melanoma. Best wishes to them in this terrible time.

I heard "stage 3" on one of the footy shows this morning.

That is not good is it? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats really sad to hear , best of luck to Tim going forward . If he shows the heart that he did on the field he will get through this .

Very sad indeed. The Cats team of the late 80's and early 90's were my first memories of AFL footy. Players like Peter Riccardi (I vaguely remember when the local Italian boy was drafted), Tim McGrath who from memory came to Geelong in the same year as Ricco, Billy Brownless, Paul Couch, Mark Bairstow, Barry Stoneham and Gary Ablett Snr among many others were players who I adored and idolised like only a child could have. It only feels like yesterday when I think about those great duels that Bluey had with Carey, so it deeply saddens me to think that his health is in such a precarious state.

We all saw the struggles of Jim Stynes, so it's hard to sit here knowing that there's nothing that we can do to help him. I just hope that he's receives the best medical care possible, and that he can stay strong for as long as possible for himself, his family and his adoring fans. It is at times like this when I wish I believed in a deity because at least then I could send prayers and feel like I was doing something constructive. But since I don't, all I can do is sit here feeling helpless, hoping that the chemotherapy knocks this cancer for 6!

Best of luck, Bluey!

Very sad news and the KROCK boys got on the front foot and started the fundraiser night GF eve. 120.00 individual tix and 1000.00 tables. 25 tables i believe was the number and sold 10 by games end.

AS for Bluey, im sure it is the cancer that has the trademark Bluey "sweaty bum crack" rather than him. A fired up Bluey is not anything I'd want to face. Top bloke and Geelong thru and thru. We are all behind you Bluey.

GO Bluey

Absolutely gutted to hear this news this morning. Terrible thing to happen to someone relatively young and hope he makes a swift recovery. Given all our recent success we often forget those players during what wasn't always a rosy period, but he's an absolute champion of our club. I still still have vivid memories of his goal in the last quarter when we overran North after giving them a 40 point head start (round 1 98 or 99 at a wild guess?).

All the best Bluey - our thoughts are with you and your family.

Absolutely gutted to hear this news this morning. Terrible thing to happen to someone relatively young and hope he makes a swift recovery. Given all our recent success we often forget those players during what wasn't always a rosy period, but he's an absolute champion of our club. I still still have vivid memories of his goal in the last quarter when we overran North after giving them a 40 point head start (round 1 98 or 99 at a wild guess?).

All the best Bluey - our thoughts are with you and your family.

1999 iirc :thumbsu:
Remember tossing a footy back to him in the warm up, looked like Ivan Drago to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back