Status
Not open for further replies.

catswhiskers2007

Senior List
Apr 17, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Wishing Bluey all the very best as he fights this bastard. Some of my best footy memories are with mates watching Bluey take on the best forwards in the 90s. All the best of support to his family.

Bastet

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Best wishes to Tim, and sincerely hope he beats this scourge of a disease. Not only a terrific player but a great commentator as well, but more importantly, a decent human being with a loving family.

What a depressing week it's been :(

BigKegs

Senior List
Aug 22, 2007
Under a bridge
AFL Club
Geelong
Hope he fights the bloody cancer like he fought for the club in the 90s. One of the toughest players when we needed someone to stand up so I hope he gets through it. He is still young so there will always be hope.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
My first ever Cats jumper had the number 17 on it and it is way too small to wear now (although may fit Shannon Byrnes :p).

Hopefully this battle of yours is just like the 2007 Grand Final and you breeze right through it. All the best Bluey!:thumbsu:

steady2

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Terrible news. Heart goes out to him and his family. Hope he recovers quickly and is back doing the Bluey stuff. I saw him play his first few games, geez it was tough back then, Dunstall, then Allen Jakovich, but Bluey after being shifted to the back flank showed grit and skill. Always impressed me, will never forget watching him give King Carey a bath in about '94, a mate and I were watching it on TV in Sydney we both rolled over laughing when Bluey ran down the corridor and banged one through from outside 50, the Duck almost ripped his hair out!

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I'll never forget that tackle he laid on Wayne Carey one night at Jihad Stadium. Pagans paddock in play, and Carey marked the ball 45m out in front of goal with no one seemingly around him. Carey takes a few steps and goes to kick a certain goal... then BAM! Bluey McGrath tackles him beautifully from behind after gut running from the centre of the ground. Football perfection! All the best to him.

Skerret

Cancelled
Jun 5, 2006
Fantasia
AFL Club
Geelong
I'll never forget that tackle he laid on Wayne Carey one night at Jihad Stadium. Pagans paddock in play, and Carey marked the ball 45m out in front of goal with no one seemingly around him. Carey takes a few steps and goes to kick a certain goal... then BAM! Bluey McGrath tackles him beautifully from behind after gut running from the centre of the ground. Football perfection! All the best to him.
I think that might have been Crocker that he ran down; was that the one where Lynch marked at the other end to kick the sealer? Ronnie Burns played a blinder that night, and Handley kicked 10 in the reserves! I WAS THERE

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I think that might have been Crocker that he ran down; was that the one where Lynch marked at the other end to kick the sealer? Ronnie Burns played a blinder that night, and Handley kicked 10 in the reserves! I WAS THERE
Yep I was there. Was at the G.
He ran down Crocker and drove the point of his head into the turf so he was sort of upside down. Was awesome. Game saving tackle IMO

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Tim McGrath always had the best of Carey. I remember one game at Geelong and he had him on toast but the commentators were so in love with carey that they were screaming and Carey gots the ball when in fact Timmy had and was going the other way.
Also think that the reason we lost that MCG final iun 2007, and neded up iun Adelaide , was because for some very strange reason he had placed Mentsch on Carey. No fast enough and of course Carey had a blinder, we yelled at Ayres as they left the ground at half time to put McGrath on him. he didn't , we lost and the rest is a b****y missed opportunity.

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
What were you chatting to him about?

Don’t recall exactly
Just saw a few of his comments and responded, cats match talk, then I asked if he was the TM
He replied and we went on about the unlucky 90s teams etc
Not many people really recognize him there, either too young or short memories
Genuine nice fella

Don’t recall exactly
Just saw a few of his comments and responded, cats match talk, then I asked if he was the TM
He replied and we went on about the unlucky 90s teams etc
Not many people really recognize him there, either too young or short memories
Genuine nice fella

Yep, look he was never my favourite player (Hocking was)- but i always liked him, alot.

Tonnes of respect.

Thanks for posting, im glad to hear he's going ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back