Senior Tim Membrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Membrey is looking like he could be a good solid football player. Hes pretty quick for his size.
But he needs to do a hell of a lot of work on his skills and tank before he can become effective in the midfield.
Curren is built like a tank and he couldnt break into the midfield.
Fwiw i think members will become a very solid mid sized fwd for us.

Membrey is looking like he could be a good solid football player. Hes pretty quick for his size.
But he needs to do a hell of a lot of work on his skills and tank before he can become effective in the midfield.
Curren is built like a tank and he couldnt break into the midfield.
Fwiw i think members will become a very solid mid sized fwd for us.
If anyone is worried about Membrey, check out his VFL highlights through this year. Dominates the lower grades, will only be a matter of when, not if, he makes it.

We are set up forward as well with Bruce, McCartin as our KPF, Skunk as our third tall and an elite small in Lonie, with Billings, Sinclair spending time forward as well.

I don't think there's anything certain about Skunk yet. He's got a long way to go before he's a lock in our setup.

I don't think there's anything certain about Skunk yet. He's got a long way to go before he's a lock in our setup.
* that noise, I'm sold as; Supertatts is a gun.

Only 188cm, but built like a road train (90kg) and plays taller than he is. Has exceptional hands for a medium forward - particularly in a contested situation - and is a heart and soul, no backward steps type.

Love him.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

He's 21yo with 13 games under his belt. He's shown signs already that are encouraging. He's tough and an extremely hard worker. I really like him as a third tall.
Most of our team have a way to go before they're a lock but we can only go on signs we've seen so far.

**** that noise, I'm sold as; Supertatts is a gun.

View attachment 179024
I agree

He's only shown glimpses so far and hasn't really taken a game by the scruff of the neck.. But people seem to forget how young and inexperienced he is, probably because he looks so mature for a player.

He has an incredibly strong core, so he's hard to move in a 1v1 marking contest to go with his sticky hands. Combine that with his reliable set shot and you have everything you want in a 3rd tall. I really like Membrey, and we will start to see the rewards over the next few years.

**** that noise, I'm sold as; Supertatts is a gun.

Only 188cm, but built like a road train (90kg) and plays taller. Has exceptional hands for a medium forward - particularly in a contested situation - and is a heart and soul, no backward steps type.

Love him.

View attachment 179024

Agree - reckon he is going to be a fantastic pick up a la Roberton. It was only his first full season after what one game at Sydney? He's going to be a great foil to Bruce and McCartin....perfect addition to the team. It is what we wanted Siposs and Markworth to be....

For a 1st year player he was very very good.

Was very stiff to be dropped a number of times but encouragingly went back to Sandy & performed really strongly.

For a 1st year player he was very very good.

Was very stiff to be dropped a number of times but encouragingly went back to Sandy & performed really strongly.
Really, he was a step above when playing at Sandy. Looked dangerous every time the ball went inside 50 against the Blues. I'm on the Timmy-train!

Anyone doubting Tim Membrey's ability, go back & watch his game (especially the first quarter) against Essendon in round 14....

He set the tone of the demolition for the night in that 1st quarter & finished the night with 8 kicks, 8 handballs, 10 marks, 2 goals 1 behind, 3 tackles.

Sure it was an example of the whole team playing well, but Tim really did have huge influence on that game early & was arguably the catalyst for us slaughtering them on the night

Anyone doubting Tim Membrey's ability, go back & watch his game (especially the first quarter) against Essendon in round 14....

He set the tone of the demolition for the night in that 1st quarter & finished the night with 8 kicks, 8 handballs, 10 marks, 2 goals 1 behind, 3 tackles.

Sure it was an example of the whole team playing well, but Tim really did have huge influence on that game early & was arguably the catalyst for us slaughtering them on the night
Wouldn't know...

Had to line up for tickets for an hour for a bloody Essendon home game and missed the first quarter..

Coincidentally the people lining up in front of me probably left 5 mins after finally getting in too rofl what a slaughtering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13100890_10153828005678183_2544699886584354026_n.jpg

One for each!

Love watching Members play.
Can't wait til he has 70 - 80 games up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back