Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

The patience they’ve shown with him is commendable, they must have always known it would come, it just took longer than they expected. I have to admit, I’ve run the gamut with him. 7 years on the list, for the first 3-4 years I preached patience with him, then I lost patience. Now of course I’m back on the Timmy O bandwagon.
Better late than never has never been a more appropriate adage as it is now.

Stewart is a very good defender; Tim out marked him twice as seen above.
Loved his work of late; has throughout his career shown little glimpses of talent here and there but lately has been putting together really 'complete' games

Great job Timbo! Keep doing what you're doing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty are crediting the coaches for persisting with him, and that's fair. But without doubt this was his make or break year. He started OK, but got dropped. This could have been the end of him. Absolute credit to the bloke for coming back and just building each and every week. He belongs now and he might just know it.

To those getting frustrated with Nash, use O'Brien to maybe just stop and think a moment before hitting reply.

How many times in his 7yr career has he been in this position, yet somehow managed to drop the mark?

I’m soooo happy for TO’B & soooo proud of the Club for persisting with him & developing the person/player that he’s starting to become.

Sooo happy for TO’B that he’s stuck with it, hasn’t asked for a trade or taken the easy option etc.

Even when he was solid down back , I always felt he be worth more for us up frwd and better suited to that position, obviously clarko feels the same as timbo has all the traits to be a very good chf but lacked confidence and higher work rate!
Let’s hope that this was just the start of things to come.

I still remember reading an interview with Josh Gibson back in like 2014 and when asked which teammate at training was the hardest to defend against, he answered that it was Tim O'Brien due to his strong, single grab marks. And of course that was surprising to everyone because he could have said Roughead, Gunston, McEvoy, or Hale. But now we're all seeing it for ourselves - and it's ******* great!

Even when he was solid down back , I always felt he be worth more for us up frwd and better suited to that position, obviously clarko feels the same as timbo has all the traits to be a very good chf but lacked confidence and higher work rate!
Let’s hope that this was just the start of things to come.
I reckon his value is as a bit of a floater.

It’s genuinely difficult to make a career as such, as you’re kinda always outta position & it’s hard to build momentum - it’s also easy to be seen to be ‘going missing’...

I reckon he starts at CHB, but floats forward when opposition KPD are on the bench so that he enjoys a mismatch in height etc.

Clarko and the coaching staff must feel so bloody vindicated seeing TOB just grab games by the scruff like he did today.

Can we change this thread title to ‘Tim O’Brien: Crashing the Packs’

Game still on the line and he took this absolute ripper, put it through to effectively put it out of reach for the Cats. For a confidence player like Timmy this would be the moment he knew he well and truly belongs, if he didn’t already. His best moment in his career to date.
This was a fantastic grab. He was running back and didn’t have a sit, and it was late in the game with the game still alive. He also called for it which was great.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back