Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Never thought Tim would be a player till he hit well 25 but said you may have to wait til he is 27. Just such a skinny lad in his youth. A beanpole ruckman in a KPF/KPB body.

I think half way thru this year he started to believe in himself when he does that he could be anything.

He's also a bloody good defensive forward too as he tackles as good as anyone.

Big Booty

Senior List
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To be honest, I am proud as punch!!! Just so happy for Tim. I really hope he can keep believing in himself - maintain that self confidence. Just comes across as a really down to earth guy. Maybe a bit too humble for his own good.

I was just imagining if we, back in 2018, had Timmy and Lewis playing like they are now - we could have come close very close. Scary thought ...

Whilst we may have lost quite a few this season - it has been quite refreshing. Makes our wins and other positives such as the unearthing of Lewis/TOB’s coming of age as a player so much sweeter.

Sorry for going on (never posted more than 2 sentences hehe) - but excited!!!

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I do get the feeling Clarko picks he's targets as he knows he can't get them up every week, but while some would pick the easy targets, Clarko only picks the hardest targets. That is where he is different and that bodes well for next year when the easy target hopefully become givens. The hard targets are already possible.

The guy I look to is always Jay Schulz. It took him a fair while to realise he belonged, only for him it took a move to a different club to realise it.

From 2003 - 2009 he never kicked more than 16 goals in a season, all of a sudden he moves to Port in 2010 and kicks 33. Just takes some time for some guys.

He was fantastic yesterday, but I want to seem him put a consistent full season together.
well he's just over halfway there, took a few rounds to break into the team but since coming in he's shown real growth

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
well he's just over halfway there, took a few rounds to break into the team but since coming in he's shown real growth

Next season will tell us, will he become even more consistent and put a full season together ? Or will he regress and go backwards ? Shall be interesting.

Next season will tell us, will he become even more consistent and put a full season together ? Or will he regress and go backwards ? Shall be interesting.
Well if he plays out this year at this level he will have played the equal most games in his career in one season, he's already had the longest continuous stint in the seniors and he's having a career year across the board.

I agree from this you'd expect him to cement his spot and start the season in the 22 next year.

He plays like he has the last few weeks and he'll demand a lot of attention from a good defender. Helps his friends in the forward line out even if it means he isn't the one kicking the goals.

I must admit that I never thought that he would make it.

And was disappointed that we kept giving him another chance.

Now ....

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
What’s the bet he was actually told at some stage in the last 6-10 months that it would be his last year if he didn’t pull the finger out. Some people only react to that kind of pressure.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What’s the bet he was actually told at some stage in the last 6-10 months that it would be his last year if he didn’t pull the finger out. Some people only react to that kind of pressure.
When the sent him back to box hill and allowed him to play in defence he greatly improved and grew in confidence. Yeah think settling in a role and succeeding in it first at vfl, then at vfl finals and then at afl senior level has allowed him to take that form and confidence to the forward line.

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has been very solid this season, in very different roles. As a couple of posters have said, I'd like to see consistency and continuity with Tim before I buy in. I'm hopeful now, more than I ever have been. But we've been in spots like this before with Tim, when he's shown flashes of quality. Need to see it sustained now.

Back