Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There is no player who is younger than TOB on our list who comes near to offering what he can as a long target in the forward line.

We need to recruit some new tall forwards.

In the meantime, he has the opportunity to make it his. Well done TOB!

FisherHawk

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2007
Snooza
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It would be foolish not to sign him with our shallow depth of KP players. He's only played 33 games so I'll be judging more closely toward the end of his contract.

He looks taller than 193 too?

SSSSSS

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
It would be foolish not to sign him with our shallow depth of KP players. He's only played 33 games so I'll be judging more closely toward the end of his contract.

He looks taller than 193 too?
Long limbs plus the leap. Plays a lot taller than 193.

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NUFC, Orlando, Packers, Trump
Imo he can play the game just not long enough and hard enough...........yet! (Hopefully)
Agree mate, he has the obvious athletic tools and is a nice enough kick, it's more about his football nous and ability to understand the flow and direction of the game. I don't think he'll be anything but a flash in the pan type, a highlight here and there but a majority ghost.

TheFourPillars

Norm Smith Medallist
May 6, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If he is not substantially better than he is now by the end of this contract, I will be pretty annoyed if he gets an extension.
Takes a while for many KPFs to find their feet at AFL level. Timmy has had his struggles with injury even when he was playing at box hill he had no significant continuity. Fingers crossed he is getting a good run at it. Has all the tools to succeed. Like u say time will eventually run out. However i think he wasnt bad on the weekend. He covers a lot of ground. Obviously doing what he is told to the best of his ability currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sven_inc

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He's played 40 games. Id hope if Mitch Lewis does come on that we'd give him longer than 40 broken games to judge his future.

For the record, Tom Hawkins played about mid 60 games before he did became what he did.

Toby has at least another year of development on his side.

burger09

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The TOB project 2018 is starting to remind me of the Billy Hartung project 2017.

Picked each week despite producing not much more than the bare minimum.

He's playing a role that we don't have great depth in and the club are hoping he will click given a prolonged, uninterrupted shot at it.

Much like billy last year, this is his shot. It's now or never for Tim. He will take it or like billy he won't.

If we were to jag Lynch, Tim will be traded or down graded to back up, playing at box hill.

But if he can surprise us all and start making an impact there will be future for him after rough is gone.

I'm over reading all the TOB bashing. A below par midfield and bad kicking for goal in the 4th were big reasons we lost last friday. Not because of how Tim played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom