News Tim O'Brien re signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no player who is younger than TOB on our list who comes near to offering what he can as a long target in the forward line.

We need to recruit some new tall forwards.

In the meantime, he has the opportunity to make it his. Well done TOB!

It would be foolish not to sign him with our shallow depth of KP players. He's only played 33 games so I'll be judging more closely toward the end of his contract.

He looks taller than 193 too?

It would be foolish not to sign him with our shallow depth of KP players. He's only played 33 games so I'll be judging more closely toward the end of his contract.

He looks taller than 193 too?

Long limbs plus the leap. Plays a lot taller than 193.

I dont see "talent to burn", I see an athlete who doesn't really know how to play the game.

Flash in the pan type, like I said, he is great depth.

Imo he can play the game just not long enough and hard enough...........yet! (Hopefully)

Imo he can play the game just not long enough and hard enough...........yet! (Hopefully)

Agree mate, he has the obvious athletic tools and is a nice enough kick, it's more about his football nous and ability to understand the flow and direction of the game. I don't think he'll be anything but a flash in the pan type, a highlight here and there but a majority ghost.

If he is not substantially better than he is now by the end of this contract, I will be pretty annoyed if he gets an extension.
Takes a while for many KPFs to find their feet at AFL level. Timmy has had his struggles with injury even when he was playing at box hill he had no significant continuity. Fingers crossed he is getting a good run at it. Has all the tools to succeed. Like u say time will eventually run out. However i think he wasnt bad on the weekend. He covers a lot of ground. Obviously doing what he is told to the best of his ability currently.

The dude is playing back up ruck, no way is he used to that. Once we start nailing him down at KPF he will dominate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The TOB project 2018 is starting to remind me of the Billy Hartung project 2017.

Picked each week despite producing not much more than the bare minimum.

He's playing a role that we don't have great depth in and the club are hoping he will click given a prolonged, uninterrupted shot at it.

Much like billy last year, this is his shot. It's now or never for Tim. He will take it or like billy he won't.

If we were to jag Lynch, Tim will be traded or down graded to back up, playing at box hill.

But if he can surprise us all and start making an impact there will be future for him after rough is gone.

I'm over reading all the TOB bashing. A below par midfield and bad kicking for goal in the 4th were big reasons we lost last friday. Not because of how Tim played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back