Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Bad Boy Beama

Senior List
Oct 9, 2014
On the way to the ground
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Piittsburgh Pirates, Wreham FC
Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of TOB but I have noticed that he is becoming a almost man. How many times this season he almost takes pack and contested marks. He does all the right things he get to the right position, grabs the ball often at the apex, but at the last moment drops the mark.

Each week he takes some very good marks but he turfs so many more.

The upside is if he keeps his mitts on the ball for a second or more he will be the new Stewart Lowe. I this just clicks he will be a dead set gun.

Does anyone else think the same.

I recon he's made huge strides this year. I truly believe that he'll tear a game apart before the year is out. And in between, he'll keep playing the roles he's being asked to play. What he's asked to do, like many of our players right now, varies subtly from week to week.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of TOB but I have noticed that he is becoming a almost man. How many times this season he almost takes pack and contested marks. He does all the right things he get to the right position, grabs the ball often at the apex, but at the last moment drops the mark.

Each week he takes some very good marks but he turfs so many more.

The upside is if he keeps his mitts on the ball for a second or more he will be the new Stewart Lowe. I this just clicks he will be a dead set gun.

Does anyone else think the same.
I swear I've read that op verbatim somewhere before.... o_O

It's difficult. You know, sports cars, Italian suits, big breasted wife etc...
Some of those things do sound distracting, I know I like to wear Italian suits while driving my sports cars. Where it breaks down is my suits were made in Thailand and I don't own a sports car

Some of those things do sound distracting, I know I like to wear Italian suits while driving my sports cars. Where it breaks down is my suits were made in Thailand and I don't own a sports car
Lol. I think you missed the joke mate. :)

Seriously though. I recon i read the op post either in another thread or facebook or something 24 hours ago. Especially the Buckets Lowe reference.....
Ctrl V
Ctrl P

Lol. I think you missed the joke mate. :)

Seriously though. I recon i read the op post either in another thread or facebook or something 24 hours ago. Especially the Buckets Lowe reference.....
Ctrl V
Ctrl P
Spot on mate
Didn't miss the joke just having some fun with it, bit of diversity you could say

Carry on then. I just posted about spiced rum elsewhere. Let me know if you can't find it & I'll copy it in here...
I find on the rocks safer than neat but honestly both are a recipe for a horrendous next day, need to mix to pace myself.
Just ran out of Sailor Jerry, still have a few bottles of Bundaberg Ginger beer left will have to get another bottle of something maybe some Stolen XXXX hear it's smooth

He definitely has taken some huge strides this year in his development. I recall early in the season people were very critical of his lack of aggression and unwillingness to go hard at the high ball. This was clearly confidence related and he's really addressed this issue as he's been shown great faith by the coaching staff. I reckon we are not far away from seeing him really have a break out game in terms of all elements of his game clicking. I don't think he'll dominate games until he adds some bulk to his frame but his defensive game is strong, his workrate is good and his judgement and attack on the ball is really good.

I find on the rocks safer than neat but honestly both are a recipe for a horrendous next day, need to mix to pace myself.
Just ran out of Sailor Jerry, still have a few bottles of Bundaberg Ginger beer left will have to get another bottle of something maybe some Stolen XXXX hear it's smooth
Nawww thanks :D

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hes got all the skills but the reason he drops the mark is because the slightest body contact from an opponent knocks him off the ball due to his small body. My worry is that hes been at the club for a number of years now and has never seemed to really bulk up.

The Post Man

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hes got all the skills but the reason he drops the mark is because the slightest body contact from an opponent knocks him off the ball due to his small body. My worry is that hes been at the club for a number of years now and has never seemed to really bulk up.

What is the average contested mark per KPF in the AFL?

Then tell me the average CM's TOB has?

I think you'll find his CM is actually very good for a 21 KPF who is asked to play a hybrid role, in that he is asked to push up to defensive 50 and back again - repeatedly.

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This. Needs to add a couple of kgs to steady himself that fraction longer in the air. Hopefully he can adapt if the extra body mass does not happen.

The last 4 or 5 weeks have been great for TOB. He has been developing nicely for a bloke who has played less than 20 games. Needs 50-60 games to get a real idea on him.

Getting to many more contests, and effecting each contest. Getting his hands to a lot of balls, just not cluncking them just yet. It will come.

Wayne Carey is a big fan, can see the talent. Just lacks a little confidence.

Persist.

Would love to see both TOB and Sicily click together in the same game. Imagine if they both turned it on in a final? You think the footy world is headf**ked by Hawthorn atm? They would all have to blow up their heads, install new ones, and they'll still be headf**ked by us just as much.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
MASSIVE upside to this kid. Get another 25 games into him and he'll clunk more of those than he grasses.
At the moment too, he is hitting packs and creating a contest, bringing the ball to ground, where we have at least 3 of the best crumbing forwards in the comp.
When Rough went down I thought we would need 2 blokes to fill his massive shoes, and damn if we haven't got them...

Back