Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes blokes take a long time to mature, other times they don't get there at all.

It took Jay Schulz this long in the system before things started clicking and he almost won a Coleman. Mitch Brown was originally drafted by Geelong back in 2008, it took him a long time before he could come back in to an AFL team and contribute.

I think the most positive case study for us and for Tim should be Liam Jones. All the same limitations as Tim up forward, genuine speed and athleticism but no ability to apply it consistently - throw him down back, he knows how forwards want to play because he was one, and he has someone to lead him to where he needs to be with all that's left being to pick the ball off using that athleticism.

Definitely not holding out hope for stardom from Timmy here, but I would love for him to bloom into a best 22 player.

I know it's only one small sample this year so far but there was something different about him this time. A stronger resolve? Perhaps more determined? Or did he run straighter lines or attack the ball more? I need to see more but I liked what I saw. I hope this thread will be able to eventually inherit a new title ...Timmy has turned the corner......

On Nexus 9 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Timmy's stuck in a roundabout not advancing unfortunately.

DefiniteRadiantGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif
source.gif

Young player finding his way.

Patience, grasshopper.
If Tim turns the corner, this post will have turned out to be more prophetic than most.

Terrible game, had a chance to cement his spot today but was merely a bystander today. Bye bye Timmy, great athlete but not up to afl standard
Noel, stay off the grass.

Terrible game, had a chance to cement his spot today but was merely a bystander today. Bye bye Timmy, great athlete but not up to afl standard

I think you made a mistake and meant to step into the ‘where is Kaiden brand at?’ Thread

I have no problem with different opinions on this message board but this is just flat out stupid and knee jerk. Come back tomorrow when you’ve cooled off. O’Brien was actually pretty good today. Positioned himself really well and plucked a couple of good grabs. Kicking skills are elite. If he can grow from this game and play like this regularly then it’s a massive win for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was okay, but he actually dropped some easy marks. I've never really had a problem with him in the backline, just don't think his performance was notable one way or the other.

I have no problem with different opinions on this message board but this is just flat out stupid and knee jerk. Come back tomorrow when you’ve cooled off. O’Brien was actually pretty good today. Positioned himself really well and plucked a couple of good grabs. Kicking skills are elite. If he can grow from this game and play like this regularly then it’s a massive win for the club.

I have been a TOB fan for a very long time. Sorry but he just aint up to it. His kicking is elite when there is no pressure. Went missing in the last quarter today when the game was on the line. Come back and calll me stupid when he gets delisted or traded at the end of the year. He was pretty good last week but just average today.

I have been a TOB fan for a very long time. Sorry but he just aint up to it.

I can't help but read your posts in a Gallagher accent. The more I read, the more I'm convinced you ARE Noel Gallagher.

"I don't have a crystal ball. I didn't see he was going to turn into a campaigner.". That's a quote from the real Noel Gallagher , and honestly I can't tell the difference.

Special mention when he attacked the ball on the wing and a goal is turned from it.

Couldn't believe my eyes, haven't seen a number 23 since end of 2013 do that!
Perhaps playing like someone who knows this season is his last chance to show he's got what it takes. I just hope it doesn't only last as long as it takes to ink a new deal.

He's got the potential to play like Gunston does. I just don't know if he's got the drive and belief to do it.

Special mention when he attacked the ball on the wing and a goal is turned from it.

Couldn't believe my eyes, haven't seen a number 23 since end of 2013 do that!
That was a great piece of play.

Is the self confidence building? It sure looked like it at that moment.

I have been a TOB fan for a very long time. Sorry but he just aint up to it. His kicking is elite when there is no pressure. Went missing in the last quarter today when the game was on the line. Come back and calll me stupid when he gets delisted or traded at the end of the year. He was pretty good last week but just average today.
How about I just call you stupid now and save time?

I think the kid is just starting to realise he is an AFL player.

You saying he went missing when the game was on the line smacks of making him the scapegoat, because a lot of our players did * all in the last quarter.

To be completely fair, this is a pretty bloody stupid post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back