Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had told me "Australian Test cricketer caught in sexting scandal" I would have guessed every other player before Tim Paine.

What the fu**

Well and David Warner as have severe doubts he can actually type out a text message

Probs actually a win here as had been adding very little to the side for some time.

Copied and pasted the herald sun article here
This is fked perfect timing too 3 weeks from the 1st test lol

Australian Test cricket captain Tim Paine engulfed in sexting scandal
Australian cricket captain Tim Paine is embroiled in a sexting scandal and will resign.

Stephen Drill Stephen Drill
Follow

@steveheraldsun

3 min read
November 19, 2021 - 2:10PM
News Corp Australia Network

FOXSPORTS1:20
Tim Paine responds to Shane Warne's criticism

UP NEXT
  • 614990966ac44d69f3ab1a34a9b9a6ba

Jackjumpers
    1:37

• c32c8bca1ee34231ff234044f0a2bf1e

The story of Verry Elleegant's Melbourne Cup win!
    1:48

• 245fc0aebab3c93f4a7f66fd325cc0c0

Gold Coast Titans closing in on Brandon Smith?
    1:14

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

CRICKET: Tim Paine has responded to Shane Warne's criticism of the side ahead of the Ashes

Cricket
Don't miss out on the headlines from Cricket. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Test captain Tim Paine has been investigated by Cricket Australia for sending a female co-worker a “dick pic” and string of lewd messages.
It is expected he will announce his resignation from cricket’s top job at 2.30pm.
The wicketkeeper, who was promoted to the captaincy and lauded as the saviour of Australian cricket following the ball tampering scandal in South Africa, was questioned about the messages.
The full details of the messages, which were sent by Paine on the eve and morning of the first Ashes Test at the Gabba in 2017, have only recently surfaced.
Some of the messages are too explicit to publish in full, however the exchange included Paine suggesting to the woman: “Will you want to taste my *** ?? F*** me, I’m seriously hard.”
In correspondence with cricket authorities in June 2018, the woman claimed she was offended by “Mr Paine’s sexually explicit, unwelcome and unsolicited photograph of his genitals in addition to the graphic sexual comments”.
Australian captain Tim Paine.

Australian captain Tim Paine.
It is understood Cricket Australia became aware of the messages after Paine, 36, was given the captaincy in March 2018, which is often referred to as the second biggest job in Australia outside the Prime Minister.
The messages, sent to the woman whom the Herald Sun has chosen not to name for legal reasons, included what was described in correspondence as a “dick pic”.
The woman was at the time a Cricket Tasmania employee, with whom Paine had interacted with while he was playing state cricket.
The woman has sent letters of complaint to Cricket Australia and Cricket Tasmania about the texts, which she received shortly before she resigned in 2017.
Paine was appointed the 46th Australian Test captain in March 2018 - four months after he sent the messages.
He took on the job from Steve Smith who stepped down for his part in the ball tampering scandal in South Africa, along with then vice-captain David Warner and batsman Cameron Bancroft.
Paine on day one of the first Test match between Australia and England at the Gabba in Brisbane, November 23, 2017. Picture: AAP

Paine on day one of the first Test match between Australia and England at the Gabba in Brisbane, November 23, 2017. Picture: AAP
Paine’s lewd messages were sent to the woman on November 22 and 23, 2017 - the eve and morning of his return to the Australian Test team after seven years out of the side.
He and the woman had exchanged dozens of texts throughout that year.
But the correspondence became increasingly flirtatious between the woman and Paine, who has been married since 2016.
On November 22, 2017, after the woman joked about “partying like a rockstar”, Paine texted: “I like good girl (name removed). But this other one sounds interesting.”
“When I’m good I’m good. When I am bad I am brilliant,” she added, prompting Paine to ask: “Brilliantly bad??”
The following morning, just hours before Paine was due to take the field against England, the woman texted: “I will think naughty thoughts about you whilst we watch the TV.”
“I’m cracking! Ha ha. Naughty thoughts like what? I’m about to give something firm a pull…,” Paine responded.
Paine catches a throw from the outfield during day one of the First Test at the Gabba. Picture: Getty

Paine catches a throw from the outfield during day one of the First Test at the Gabba. Picture: Getty
The woman texted him back saying: “Ha, sorry I’m getting ready for work … it’s a big day for us kids.”
Then Paine texted: “Will you want to taste my ***?? F*** me, I’m seriously hard.”
In apparent reference to Paine’s wicket keeping duties later that day, the woman wrote in response: “I thought we were resting hands.”
Paine responded: “Can’t rest them when I’m this hard!! Need to ease the tension … Finish me off with those lips then (name deleted)”.
The text ended with a wink-face emoji.
Paine then sent what is described in correspondence as an unsolicited “dick pic”, before asking the woman: “Finish me off right now!!!”
The woman has claimed she was taken aback and found it offensive.
It’s understood complaints were made to the Australian Human Rights Commission
regarding alleged sexual harassment in relation to the exchange.
Cricket Australia and Paine’s manager James Henderson were contacted for comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had told me "Australian Test cricketer caught in sexting scandal" I would have guessed every other player before Tim Paine.

What the fu**

Not just in cricket but anyone.
I thought he was a true ‘good guy’
It was the whole reason he was made captain.
I consider myself a pretty good judge of character normally but did not see this coming.

oh ffs

wtf do these shitcampaigners think theyre going to get out of doing s**t like that anyway. just be a ******* decent human being instead of harrassing random people.

just * him off right now. its not like we'd lose out on anything in terms of batting/wicketkeeping/captaincy anyway. he was only there for culture anyway, and he's lost any moral highground on that point now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back