Past Tim 'Possum' Notting (1997-2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pleased to read that article...have often wondered what he was doing now..

He joined twitter a couple of weeks ago, so have been reading his tweets..

Tim and Jodie welcomed young Master Charlie Notting yesterday..
..our team for 2032 is starting to look good....just wait until Master JB jnr arrives in the next few weeks!!

(I've called it early!;))

Tim and Jodie welcomed young Master Charlie Notting yesterday..
..our team for 2022 is starting to look good....just wait until Master JB jnr arrives in the next few weeks!!

(I've called it early!;))

Not sure our team for 2022 is looking very good considering you have 10 year olds playing for us. ;)

:oops::oops: ..oh yeah!!..I plead that it is a long time since I left school! ...amended to 2032:thumbsu::p

(..hope I'm still alive to see the boys run around together just like their dads!)
We may be still alive, but will probably have no idea who they are ,or what they are doing.:oops:

Lets hope we still have our marbles love.

I know this is random but I just thought I would bump Possums thread to say I miss watching him play for the Lions. With over 200 games under his belt as a Lions player he is quite often a forgotten Lions legend. He was a fantastic player when playing at his best. His 2007 season was outstanding. It is great to see him still attending the odd Lions home game:thumbsu:

Agree 100%, was my favourite player, had his number painted on my face in the 2001 grandfinal, Essendon supporters next to me were like who's number 8o_O, nek minnit "goal" you couldn't get the :D off my face. Gave his all to the club and extracted every ounce of talent possible in his 200 plus games for the club:thumbsu:

Don't want to rain on the parade but I reckon I'd describe Poss as a bloke who had a ton of talent but took a good half his career to work out how to use it properly. I always wonder if he'd have been a more disciplined, productive footballer had he not come into senior footy as the carefree, interchange player for the greatest side in modern footy. It always felt like "all care taken, no responsibility" in those early years. And he could afford to because he played with such wonderful footballers who took all the responsibility and let him do the flashy stuff.

When the era finished and the great players departed, I reckon that's when Poss started to make the most of his undoubted talent. He thrived on the responsibility whereas, prior to that, I think he just had fun. As a result, he reckon he had a career of two halves and I rate the second half a lot higher in terms of personal performance.

Don't want to rain on the parade but I reckon I'd describe Poss as a bloke who had a ton of talent but took a good half his career to work out how to use it properly. I always wonder if he'd have been a more disciplined, productive footballer had he not come into senior footy as the carefree, interchange player for the greatest side in modern footy. It always felt like "all care taken, no responsibility" in those early years. And he could afford to because he played with such wonderful footballers who took all the responsibility and let him do the flashy stuff.

When the era finished and the great players departed, I reckon that's when Poss started to make the most of his undoubted talent. He thrived on the responsibility whereas, prior to that, I think he just had fun. As a result, he reckon he had a career of two halves and I rate the second half a lot higher in terms of personal performance.
I definitely agree with this. I still stand by my original post though which you didn't exactly dispute.

I agree, I think that it may have also been a symptom of the interchange bench, rotations where less important and I feel that perhaps his game improved when his place in the team was more certain may even have been a maturity and a growing up off field as well which allowed his improvement. I do recall a tight competition for spots with Aaron Shattock early on which perhaps he was lucky to survive but his pace and 70m kicks were to good to pass up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dust off your old VHS tapes / DVD's for the 2001 season people and have a good look at Notting in his BREAKOUT YEAR. I was watching a highlights tape of season 2001 the other day and he was FLYING. It was his fourth season and I reckon it was equal to 2007. His stats in 2001 were great, particularly given the company he was keeping in that side. Kicked plenty of monster goals on a regular basis. If Notting was a racehorse the form guide would read, "Do not underrate."

I didn't quote you nor mention you by name. Why do you think I was trying to dispute your statement?
I don't think you were trying to dispute my statement. Read my post again. I said the following, "I still stand by my original post though which you didn't exactly dispute." I was merely stating that I still stand by my original comment and I followed it by saying that you didn't dispute it so you didn't think I was insinuating that.

Possum has been busy. Last I heard of his home life was 2 kids, now has four! Wow, so how many budding Lion cubs are in that little group?

I don’t think Cuts has a boot like Possum did.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dunno.

Cutts can really launch them......but.......at this stage I thing Notting would have it over him on accuracy.

Possum was almost a certainty from 50-55 on any sort of reasonable angle.

Cutts tends to spray them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back