Tim Rogers plans a benefit concert

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will the shares be returned to if the footy club dies? This is the issue of the moment.

Do you means dies by going to the GC or if it possibly dies (gets killed) in a few years by staying here?

Because if we relocate, the AFL just pays them out and get's full ownershp of the club (and then screws over those people who actually believe that we retain our history when in a couple years, they make the decision to secure more support for the failing GC team by getting Southport heavily involved).

That is how I read it anyway.

Guys,

Congratulations and a huge thank you to The Other Dean and Tim Rogers for going right out of their way to organise this :thumbsu:. Simply the best.

As for the WANM bit, I guess you cant help what journalists write sometimes (as we all know). FYI, the group has been in very limited contact with Tim, but make no mistake, this is all TOD work and he deserves the recognition.

Rest assured come the night of the gig, there will be plenty of free beers on the table for him. :cool:

Do you means dies by going to the GC or if it possibly dies (gets killed) in a few years by staying here?

Because if we relocate, the AFL just pays them out and get's full ownershp of the club (and then screws over those people who actually believe that we retain our history when in a couple years, they make the decision to secure more support for the failing GC team by getting Southport heavily involved).

That is how I read it anyway.

I mean that the only issue the club faces right now is the fight to keep it alive. Returning the shares and the running of the footy club back to it's members is fantastic, but we are 2 days into a 30 day deadline to make sure the joint isn't killed off. Anything else just doesn't register.

WANM needs to get militant on this issue, because of it's presence in the media. Whether they set themselves to be spokespeople or members reps doesn't matter. In the eyes of some media outlets they are, and an article or interview that isn't hardline on this issue is crucial, absolutely crucial, media time that could be better spent giving the AFL a smack in the mouth and mobilizing the fanbase.

I mean that the only issue the club faces right now is the fight to keep it alive. Returning the shares and the running of the footy club back to it's members is fantastic, but we are 2 days into a 30 day deadline to make sure the joint isn't killed off. Anything else just doesn't register.

WANM needs to get militant on this issue, because of it's presence in the media. Whether they set themselves to be spokespeople or members reps doesn't matter. In the eyes of some media outlets they are, and an article or interview that isn't hardline on this issue is crucial, absolutely crucial, media time that could be better spent giving the AFL a smack in the mouth and mobilizing the fanbase.

Yep. Spot on.

Fantastic stuff Tim & Co. :):thumbsu:

Put the membership table next to the door.:thumbsu:

I will get there and I hope to see the place adorned in Royal Blue and White.:thumbsu:

You take yours off?:confused:

And the Peninsula Ladies out the front on Fitzroy Street selling their snags.

I'm going to be drinking a mountain load of ink, and will need some blotting paper.;)

In the process of talking the other guys into a freebie and doing a NMFC kinda Toccata. If anyone can give me details of how to get in touch with the organisers, please forward via pm. IT'S TIME TO GET THIS SHOW HAPPENING PEOPLE....THEY'RE NOT LISTENING TO US!!! :mad:

PS - Will need a stage step to get a C3 hammond up without too much difficulty. :)

"WANM have been in the media, and in such a short time they have gained great exposure, therefore they are seen as the Save North type group"

As for the gig, TOD has done all the early groundwork. What is run in the press means nothing, but the people involved can't be dealing with 3, 4 or 10 people to organise one thing.[/quote]

It's a shame that a faction started just a week ago is seen as the 'Save North type group'... no wonder the media thinks we weren't doing anything until now:(

And keep it coming, TOD... this is your baby (look, it's got your eyes:rolleyes:) and she's growing beautifully... you and Timmy are doing a marvellous job:thumbsu:

Cannot wait to see it:)

any chance of getting triple J to pod cast it? Aus music month and all!

I'd love to hear YAI rock HEARTS TO HEARTS AND HANDS TO HANDS but I doubt I'll be able to get over to Melbourne!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Tim do a solo concert as a club fundraiser in Errol Street a few years ago. He turned the You Am I hit "Heavy Heart" into the North "hearts to hearts"...i will definitely be there...A family day would also be great although I am a bit suspicious of the 30 days Fat Andy has given us. Between the spring carnival and election weekend he has done his best to ensure that each weekend will be full of distractions in Melbourne. The AFL has done it's best so we will get minimal exposure and time to mobilise resources.

you mightn't care, but hold this after exams TOD and alot of us younger blokes will be able to get there too.

As an aside, how big is the Prince of Wales??

you mightn't care, but hold this after exams TOD and alot of us younger blokes will be able to get there too.

As an aside, how big is the Prince of Wales??

Keep studyin son!

POW bandroom is pretty big. Last time I was there was to see You Am I (coincidentally) a couple of years ago for one of their cup eve gigs. Holds a shitload of people, and downstairs is a top watering hole afterwards :thumbsu:

Good work, Dean. Cant wait buddy!

No I don't know the full story, but what backhander are you talking about?
FFS, all I was trying to say was that now is not the time to get personal with any of our "internal" family. I didn't mean to imply that you did want personal recognition - which is why I said I am sure you did NOT.

I think it's a great idea (this concert) and I just didn't want to see any negative elements around it, that's all.

OK, well I do know the full story, and I've spent the day waiting for this issue to be clarified by someone from the WANM group. I'm assuming you must have sent your apologies to TOD via PM, rather than post them here.

TOD volunteered to organise the gig, and has been doing a fair amount of work on it (with help from another couple of BF posters).

Despite this, WANM decided to hijack the event publicity, without so much as a courtesy conversation with TOD.

I have no interest in bagging WANM - I think you are doing a great job of getting publicity, although I remain concerned about your messaging. But it is simply not OK to muscle in on other initiatives being undertaken by other groups on BF. And then not even acknowledge that you did the wrong thing borders on arrogant.

We need plenty of people working on this - and having respect for one another. What annoys me about this is that TOD was showed no respect, and I hope there are plans to re-dress that.

Any ideas on dates yet?, because would it be suitable to have it the night before or the night of the players bbq, only reason is that I'm coming to Melb. for the players bbq and I'd be able to get to both events.
I'm thinking of myself...........and others:D

That is a fantastic effort ToD, I will definitely be there, PoW is a fantastic venue as well and they have always supported the community that supports them.

Try not to let what is written in the artcile distract you from what is a fantastic boon for the club, some funds and more importantly more media recognition that we wont just sit silent and accept the death of our club.

It wouldn't surprise me if the comments were added in by pro-GC people who wanted to cause trouble between the various groups looking to do some good things at a time we are under siege.

Yo, TOD, if you need a tag team partner, im ready. :thumbsu:

And this concert will be great. I hope the tickets are expensive as possible, maybe $100-150?

Does anyone know the approximate capacity of the venue? And if so, how much, if the tickets cost about 100-150 or so, are we set to make?

OK, well I do know the full story, and I've spent the day waiting for this issue to be clarified by someone from the WANM group. I'm assuming you must have sent your apologies to TOD via PM, rather than post them here.

TOD volunteered to organise the gig, and has been doing a fair amount of work on it (with help from another couple of BF posters).

Despite this, WANM decided to hijack the event publicity, without so much as a courtesy conversation with TOD.

I have no interest in bagging WANM - I think you are doing a great job of getting publicity, although I remain concerned about your messaging. But it is simply not OK to muscle in on other initiatives being undertaken by other groups on BF. And then not even acknowledge that you did the wrong thing borders on arrogant.

We need plenty of people working on this - and having respect for one another. What annoys me about this is that TOD was showed no respect, and I hope there are plans to re-dress that.

Well said:thumbsu:

Not every BF initiative is WANM involved... there are a lot of guys here that are working hard to bring North's message forward. You guys are doing a bang up job with your media statements and interviews so far, but guys like Lidge, Pharro, GiantRoo and TOD (among others) have put in some magical efforts independent of the WANM.

These types of mixed messages only stand to damage what TOD has achieved thus far with Timmy... and too many cooks can spoil the broth. Everybody has a part to play in ensuring North's survival... let's not lose sight of the bigger picture. I hope this gets sorted out because I'm weary of using tired cliches:rolleyes:

The show is going to be a corker and everyone will have a chance to contribute, if only just by turning up and cheering your throats hoarse.:thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back