Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t matter. You always start threads about any player from any club.
Except North. Cause they’re not worth chasing.

Although I agree with you about the OP starting probably too many threads, Tim Taranto is probably the 2nd biggest player coming out of contract at the end of this season (after Ben King) and as such, was always going to be a player of great interest.

Although I agree with you about the OP starting probably too many threads, Tim Taranto is probably the 2nd biggest player coming out of contract at the end of this season (after Ben King) and as such, was always going to be a player of great interest.
If the threads are any good we usually put the mod as the OP anyway to make sure it's not hidden for people who have Ziebull on ignore. Ziebull knows the rules about making threads, we've talked about it before – must be OOC this year, anything longer than that must be supported with mainstream media speculation at the very least or it gets either merged into the club thread or deleted. Others are welcome to make threads about North players if they are valid discussion and not trolling crap.

Yeah lets go without the personal insults and weird non-Tim related tirades, these threads get made one way or another, having a go at someone for putting them up is ridiculous

Are you a friend of his?

For mine it comes down to money, I reckon teams will offer much more than gws to get him which would be enticing for Tim to set himself up long term
I hope the crows use most of their spare cap space to get him to AO. Any idea on what his relationship with Nicks was like Sickblue?

Yep. I would have thought Richmond and St Kilda would be at the front of the queue here.

Probably easier to list the (Vic) teams unlikely to pursue TT

Carlton - (can't afford him for S/C reasons I would have assumed)

Collingwood - (in a hard rebuild and I think have their sights on Ben King)

Essendon - (actually undecided whether they will chase him or not, although going to be very difficult with them to get a trade done with GWS after Bobby Hill fiasco last year)

Geelong - No SC space or decent trade assets to get a deal done

Hawthorn - Similar to Collingwood

Melbourne - Don't need him

Western Bulldogs - No trade capital and have q tight salary cap squeeze apparently

Essendon - (actually undecided whether they will chase him or not, although going to be very difficult with them to get a trade done with GWS after Bobby Hill fiasco last year)

Western Bulldogs - No trade capital and have q tight salary cap squeeze apparently

Yeah that is pretty fair. I could see a world where Carlton have a crack but as you've said I'm not sure how competitive their offer would be salary wise. Melbourne were interested in him a few years ago but it would be such a pointless trade for us to make now.

We also don't need him unless hes become a 6 foot 8 ruckman or key defender

I hope the crows use most of their spare cap space to get him to AO. Any idea on what his relationship with Nicks was like Sickblue?

No idea to be honest, but what I do know is that he’s genuinely happy in Syd (loves it I fact) and he certainly is not the homesick type. Unlikey to leave GWS any time soon.

Yeah that is pretty fair. I could see a world where Carlton have a crack but as you've said I'm not sure how competitive their offer would be salary wise. Melbourne were interested in him a few years ago but it would be such a pointless trade for us to make now.
after getting in Saad, Cerra, Hewitt, Young, Zac Williams; resigning McKay and Cripps; and with Walsh OOC this year the only way we would/could get him in would be if a decent player wanted out.

No chance we go for him, we have enough 1st rotation mids now and more developing, if we get active in the trade period it's for KPP or a small fwd/def

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after getting in Saad, Cerra, Hewitt, Young, Zac Williams; resigning McKay and Cripps; and with Walsh OOC this year the only way we would/could get him in would be if a decent player wanted out.

He is not a player we desperately need anyway, despite how good he is.

I have no inside info or heard anything, but I would guess he either stays at GWS or joins Richmond. They will have plenty of cap space, with Cotchin and probably Riewoldt likely retiring after 2022

Is an absolute gun and if presented with the opportunity to recruit him every club in the league would pay through the nose to get him through the doors.

If he wants to stay GWS will keep him.

If he wants to go, GWS will get the deal done and full value for their asset.

As others have mentioned, Tigs would be a good fit.

Question is what he costs in terms of trade capital - is not RFA is he?

Any deal with involve a top ten pick as the headline, or a proven high quality young player.

In the Tigs case that's someone like Shai Bolton.

Is an absolute gun and if presented with the opportunity to recruit him every club in the league would pay through the nose to get him through the doors.

If he wants to stay GWS will keep him.

If he wants to go, GWS will get the deal done and full value for their asset.

As others have mentioned, Tigs would be a good fit.

Question is what he costs in terms of trade capital - is not RFA is he?

Any deal with involve a top ten pick as the headline, or a proven high quality young player.

In the Tigs case that's someone like Shai Bolton.
Yeah it’s probably at least our first and that will depend on where it falls. This is where Norths second also comes into play as well.

Yeah it’s probably at least our first and that will depend on where it falls. This is where Norths second also comes into play as well.

Doubt they'll be interested in a bundle of lower picks.

They'll want a top 10 pick, closer to 1 than 10, to even get to the table.

And rightly so.

They will also ask the question on players.

Doubt they'll be interested in a bundle of lower picks.

They'll want a top 10 pick, closer to 1 than 10, to even get to the table.

And rightly so.

They will also ask the question on players.
You’ve been round the block long enough to know that the romanticism of player for player picks is just that. Won’t happen.

But I do agree he has strong trade value. The Cerra trade is probably what we would be looking at.

In saying that I have no idea of our interest in this player. There’s been no talk of us chasing him, nor any inkling that he wont continue his career at GWS.

My feeling is he will sign with GWS on worthy coin and Green will be the one that gets squeezed. Then again, the talk is he is happy at GWS as well. But a lot can happen in 9 months.

You’ve been round the block long enough to know that the romanticism of player for player picks is just that. Won’t happen.

But I do agree he has strong trade value. The Cerra trade is probably what we would be looking at.

In saying that I have no idea of our interest in this player. There’s been no talk of us chasing him, nor any inkling that he wont continue his career at GWS.

My feeling is he will sign with GWS on worthy coin and Green will be the one that gets squeezed. Then again, the talk is he is happy at GWS as well. But a lot can happen in 9 months.

As in straight trades a la Shannon Grant for Wayne Schwass?

Agree - which is disappointing, clubs should get back to that imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back