Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyler Sonsie and Judson Clarke look two of their better kids. Would imagine they would be reluctant to let go. I saw a bit of Sonsie this year and he was very promising.
Sonsie untouchable but Juddy would we’d be fine with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future first and a player, Won’t inc pick 30 if we can convince a player to go.

It would have to be a pretty good (read clearly best 22) player for 30 not to be in the deal. Giants wont take a future 1st and a fringe player alone for hopper when they can wait 12 months and take FA compo.

They may not be able to afford 12month$

They probably can once their other trade outs are gone...they can always backend other deals to squeeze hopper in for 12 months to get 1st round FA compo

Is 19 first round
No it's the start of the second round, but if you can have 18 or 19, then 19 is currently the first pick on Day 2 and you can sell it to the highest bidder on that basis, so probably a more valuable pick. Any end of first round picks will come before it on Day 2 though, if anyone gets Band 2 comp for a FA.

No it's the start of the second round, but if you can have 18 or 19, then 19 is currently the first pick on Day 2 and you can sell it to the highest bidder on that basis, so probably a more valuable pick. Any end of first round picks will come before it on Day 2 though, if anyone gets Band 2 comp for a FA.

North charity picks too.

Kelly 1.2

Haynes 800.

Few big contracts next season not sure how flexible they can be
Probably can wait. Our list in incredibly young now given our last few years of draft and not having to pay Bruhn, Bobby or Taranto. (We do have some expensive top end players).
Callaghan and Green's contracts are the ones we are trying to safeguard so we probably could keep Hopper for a year and try and drum up interest at other clubs or try and keep him. I agree that given he has requested a trade we will try to make it happen....but if the value isn't there...it won't happen.

God I fell over when I heard two first round picks for this guy??? Talk about desperation- it’ll only get worse if they use a future first for the injury prone Hopper!!!

Good work by GWS!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
one first And one second

Remove this Banner Ad

Back