Remove this Banner Ad

Jezza to Adelaide
Lobbe to WA
Shiel to Tiges
Cogs to WA

All re-sighed for less to stay.

Yawn.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Lobb will go back after his current contract, was offered ma$$ive incentive to go back but stayed to win a flag which I predict happens in the next 3 years.

If he does go, you'd think it would be next year when his contract expires. He does seem to be enjoying some of the Sydney lifestyle (the beaches) as seen on his social media accounts and if you're going by an article about his rising star nomination, he's "adjusted well to life in Sydney". He may very well stay at the Giants for the medium term if he extends his contract.

I do know first hand however that he was a mad Dees' supporter right up until he got drafted. Played footy with him from u9s-u12s down at Mordi-Brae and for the past few years on Facebook he's shown his passion for Melbourne on a pretty regular basis. He actually still has a profile picture with a frame labelled 'Melbourne' in red and blue colours on his Facebook which is pretty funny considering he was told to take anything Melbourne related off his social media accounts by the Giants and you can find a couple of posts he shared from the Melbourne Facebook page in his draft year as well.

If he does want to get traded, assuming back to Victoria, I can see the Dees being his preferred destination. Will be interesting to see how he fares for the rest of the year and whether he ends up staying at the Giants in the short term.
Just about everyone associated with our club from coaches players and staff has another ckub. Their all older than 6 after all. I chuckled at our awards night when a staff member coukdn't accept his award because he was watching his club the Crows play a final and that was his priority. It's not that big a deal.

Codswallop
Will he? Is that because of homesickness?
Well clearly he isn't homesick or else he would've left earlier, just saying what I know which is that he was offered big big money to go back particularly after Hogan re-signed) to win a flag at GWS and then go home. Didn't help that his best mates at the club also left.

Well clearly he isn't homesick or else he would've left earlier, just saying what I know which is that he was offered big big money to go back particularly after Hogan re-signed) to win a flag at GWS and then go home. Didn't help that his best mates at the club also left.
Which mates would they be, exactly?

I still think it's a bit rich for GWS supporters to be upset at opposition supporters keen on pillaging their young talent. Do they not remember the way the expansion clubs acted?
Club(s) plural?
We recruited 4 kids and the rest were DFA's or retirees when we started...We didn't go anywhere near the amount of listed players we could have.
Vastly different to the Gold Coast.

Oh. 2 Victorian kids, that returned to Victoria.
But he is going home to Western Australia as a form of protest, after his premiership?
Any chance of tipping me in to tonight's Oz Lotto results?
Oh no I meant as in they left the club meaning his two best mates weren't there, not that he'd follow them home.
But I guess he'd be going back home after a premiership for more money and just to return home.
You can choose to dismiss me if you want, at the end of the day he's got a while left on his contract, but that's just what I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As soon as the speculation started in the press he resigned 18 months before his contract expired. Not the actions of an uncommitted player who could simply have waited with his value likely to increase as time went on

I still think it's a bit rich for GWS supporters to be upset at opposition supporters keen on pillaging their young talent. Do they not remember the way the expansion clubs acted?

What about the lack of substance to threads started on here other than some bloke on our board started a rumour with no source or any other substantial fact about a player under contract until the end 2018. Pretty sure your supporters would react the same in similar circumstances if a thread was started on here about McGrath.

As soon as the speculation started in the press he resigned 18 months before his contract expired. Not the actions of an uncommitted player who could simply have waited with his value likely to increase as time went on
Not saying he's uncommitted, he's clearly committed to winning a flag at GWS over simply earning big bucks which is a very positive reflection on him as a person. Just saying at this stage he plans to go home after his current contract ends, ideally for him with a flag under his belt.

Going round on the Dees board that he will request a trade to the MFC at the end of season. Mad Dees supporter who was told by the Giants to change his profile pics on social media so he wasn't in Dees gear.
He's contracted so you'd have to pay overs. Don't know why a club would fork out for a guy that is still relatively unproven and plays a position we're not desperate for.
Better off taking our first rounder to the draft, which is most likely what will happen.

Ok you know nothing. Thanks for clarifying.
How do you know that exactly? I mean feel free to dismiss me, but why on earth would I come sprouting lies about a player not at the club I support potentially moving to another club I don't support? Either what I'm saying is true as things currently stand, or I've seriously got nothing else in the world to do.

Lobb will go back after his current contract, was offered ma$$ive incentive to go back but stayed to win a flag which I predict happens in the next 3 years.
If he does he does.

But have heard this "after his current contract he will go" since around 2011. More often than not the stars have stayed and we now dont need to do any clearance sales etc.

If he does he does.

But have heard this "after his current contract he will go" since around 2011. More often than not the stars have stayed and we now dont need to do any clearance sales etc.

Nothing to do with clearance sales or anything, just that I know for a fact, as things currently stand, he intends to go home at the conclusion of his contract.

He's contracted so you'd have to pay overs. Don't know why a club would fork out for a guy that is still relatively unproven and plays a position we're not desperate for.
Better off taking our first rounder to the draft, which is most likely what will happen.
Unless Brayshaw has to retire due to the concussions.

We got, what, 3 players who were classed as future stars from other clubs?
After the Suns Ablett deal most were protected by the time we got in.
Ward was even short changed if i remember rightly as he wanted to remain loyal. Now he is loyal to us.

And i havent seen any Giants fans being upset. More amused at some of the garbage that goes on by some fans here.

That comment is like the one that seems to prevail the media and the main board "we are cocky and expect flags" etc yet have not seen one post from a Giants fan talking is up that way.

So try again Lancy boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back