Other Tim Tebow - 3,000 days between games

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Controversial Tebow Ad to Air During Superbowl

Here's a very good article about Tim Tebow, talks about the strength of his name, marketing arm, in context of his religion, how he could be the most famous athlete known for his religious fervor since Muhammed Ali.

A snippet...

Tebow's mother was told to have an abortion rather than carry her fifth child to term. Pam Tebow became sick during a mission trip and rejected doctor's advice that she have an abortion. Ultimately she gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Tim.

stugots

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2004
Golden Point
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Re: Tim Tebow

been using a rubber like her other 1/2 should have then be no issue

"evangelical Christian", now thats someone like to take home to mom...NOT:thumbsdown::mad:

May 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Storm, Pompey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hes advertising for an 'abortion is evil' group?

Ok. Hate this guy before hes drafted. **** off you ****.

Possibly the first time I've ever agreed with you!;)

Hope he fails, just so he can say "it's a test god is putting me through":rolleyes:

Here here. But don't think he's the only one in the League. Saw some behind the scenes footage a few years ago showing Kitna ranting on and on about his beliefs. Was even making some of his team mates feel awkward.

May 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Yeah! Damn us evil bastards and our theory of evolution belief.

Yeah! Hating on a kid who hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL simply because of his religious beliefs. Funny how close-minded supposedly "open minded" people are.

You do know that roughly "35 percent to 40 percent of pro football players are evangelical Christians"?

I take it that you are consistent with your "hate"... with guys like Westbrook, Reese... and even one of your favourites Brian Dawkins being devoutly Christian.

Dawkins professes his religious beliefs frequently and fervently, and some say the team's many evangelical Christians are now more openly expressive of their faith than in the past.

"Most definitely," running back Peyton Hillis said. "We have lot of Christian guys on the team who aren't near as outgoing or vocal as Dawk is. But as soon as Dawk walked into the room, he brought a different kind of motivation and spirit. In life, in general, he's just a leader. People take to him. People love to follow him."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/79965937.html

Yeah! Hating on a kid who hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL simply because of his religious beliefs. Funny how close-minded supposedly "open minded" people are.

You do know that roughly "35 percent to 40 percent of pro football players are evangelical Christians"?

I take it that you are consistent with your "hate"... with guys like Westbrook, Reese... and even one of your favourites Brian Dawkins being devoutly Christian.

Way to miss the point, though that does seem to be a recurring theme with you.

Mar 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

"It was all god"...

so the question one must ask - does god hate you enough to make you lose? These guys are so devout that they rarely do anything that is a "sin" yet they lose games...

Idiots really.

Tebow isn't the best person to make that certain point about, he is one the winningest players in NCAA history

Sep 18, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders, Liverpool FC

Seriously .. lets not bring religion into this, because there are some of us who do choose to follow a religion, the facts of the matter are, yes, Tebow is a devout Christian, but he isn't forcing anyone to follow Christianity, I don't see it as a problem that he chooses to make public that he is a devout Christian, doesn't change the fact that he is a football player or give him an advantage or disadvantage, we should be judging him on his footballing ability not what religion he follows

Some posts here make it seem like, 'oh he is a devout Christian, he must be a nutter .. we hate him/them'

May 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Way to miss the point, though that does seem to be a recurring theme with you.

Then please explain the point to me.

How else am I supposed to take a post like this:

You don't like the fact he is featuring in an advertisement promoting anti-abortion views? What about players who came out in support for Obama? Should players keep their mouths shut and do no off-field work on things close to their heart? (ie: work for charities, promoting "green living" like Chris Judd etc...?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back