Other Tim Tebow - 3,000 days between games

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Understand the Legends Football League (formerly known as the Lingerie Football League) has approached Tebow to be a QB Coach in the league.

Makes sense, you don't want the coach to have a better arm than the QBs he is tutoring.
They're equally adept at handpicking crap footballers to play their game. Tebow would fit right into the system.

If it weren't for the circus and Peyton getting his neck broke (blessing in disguise) he'd still be starting for the Broncos. He'd probably still be backup if it weren't for the circus.

Good point, wonder where he would have ended up without the circus. o_O

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tim Tebow - QB - Free Agent

The Philadelphia Soul have offered Tim Tebow a job as their backup quarterback.

This one is interesting because former Eagles quarterback and top-notch analyst Ron Jaworski is a co-owner of the Soul. He sent Tebow some plays he had in mind for him, mostly around the goal line. "One [criticism] of Tebow is that he is slow and methodical," Jaws said. "He would be forced to quicken it up in this league and it would be good training for him. You can learn a lot in this league. It's about processing information and getting the ball out...or you get whacked." Jaws did make it clear that Dan Raudabaugh would remain the Soul's starting quarterback no matter what. Tebow has zero known NFL suitors right now.

Philadelphia Soul already 0-3 in the Arena League 2013 campaign... conceding 57.3 pts average on Defense!! On the flip side.. scoring an average of 52.6 pts per game. Tix range from $13 in the nose bleed up to $200 in the front row.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, there doesn't appear to be "much difference" in Tim Tebow's throwing motion.

Tebow's motion was reportedly much improved after working with quarterback guru Tom House, but reporter Jeff McLane says he "still takes a long time (to) utensil, load and throw." Tebow was never going to fully revamp his throwing motion going on age 28. Tebow is fighting Matt Barkley for No. 3 duties.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tim Tebow enjoying his next last chance to make NFL mark
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 29, 2015, 5:52 AM EDT
cd05oddlnmnhy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vly2yzocznptu4yzbjnwuzmzg3yjkwzwrlnddmzwu5odrmm2jkowvk-e1432890655778.jpeg
Getty Images
Being two years out of the league, Tim Tebow’s not about to take any opportunity for granted.

So even if he’s a bit of a curiosity, and no better than third on the Eagles’ depth chart, he’s still all smiles.

“I think sometimes when things are taken away, then you don’t realize how much fun it is to come out here and play this game,” Tebow said, via Nate Davis of USA Today. “You can’t play it forever, so I’m going to enjoy it.”

While many thought he was done after his training camp stint with the Patriots two years ago, he said he continued to train as if his next chance was coming any day. As for competition, he said a family gathering provided that.

“I still competed. I trained every single day,” he said. “You should have seen the Tebow Turkey Bowl. It was the craziest thing ever.

“I’m serious. We had uniforms.”

He said he thought his offseason work with quarterback tutor Tom House had helped, specifically mentioning his balance, posture and timing.

“I think he’s improved,” Eagles coach Chip Kelly said. “He’s had a lot of time the last two years working at his game. [We] wanted to have a fourth quarterback here.”

Kelly also said Tebow’s only there as a quarterback, scuttling any idea of a position switch. And with his proposal to move two-point conversions to the 1-yard line voted down, keeping him around for that job might not be as important as it might have been.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
I miss the little freak...

I've said it before but * it I love repeating myself, this guy can't throw for s**t but I hope he somehow makes it as he seems like a decent guy who loves the game. There are far far lots of worse characters in football who deserve far more derision than this guy ever has.

I've said it before but * it I love repeating myself, this guy can't throw for s**t but I hope he somehow makes it as he seems like a decent guy who loves the game. There are far far lots of worse characters in football who deserve far more derision than this guy ever has.

Still really refused to play a different position though.

Reckon despite the lack of change to the 2-pt conversion rule he'd be a decent option for that.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some players are just too hard-headed for their own good.

Pryor refusing to try WR/TE. Tebow refusing to try RB....i think he'd be an awesome one.

Meanwhile, other players have a level head, and do swap positions. A few already this pre-season, switching from QB to WR, RB and TE. Not to mention, a lot of others in the recent past who went on to have pretty good careers at WR.

Really think Tebow and Pryor are too in love with themselves tbh.

Some players are just too hard-headed for their own good.

Pryor refusing to try WR/TE. Tebow refusing to try RB....i think he'd be an awesome one.

Meanwhile, other players have a level head, and do swap positions. A few already this pre-season, switching from QB to WR, RB and TE. Not to mention, a lot of others in the recent past who went on to have pretty good careers at WR.

Really think Tebow and Pryor are too in love with themselves tbh.

Both would be completely unsuccessful in their new positions any way and they probably knew that. A lot different running the ball when you're QB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both would be completely unsuccessful in their new positions any way and they probably knew that. A lot different running the ball when you're QB.
I honestly think Tebow would transition to RB excellently. He has a very thick body-set, big boned, he's hard to tackle. Even on designed QB runs straight from the snap, it's still like a RB having to negotiate traffic and bustle for yards.

Wasn't TE the transition that everyone was trying to talk Tebow into?

I can't imagine him as a half back, I could absolutely see him as a TE. (Although I wonder how much of that is subconsciously due to the color of his skin. After all, you don't see many white running backs. And the one that I can recall from last season sucks.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
They're a little bitchy in Philadelphia, the back-up QBs, with Tebow walking in. Like a bunch of plain Janes agitated by the entrance of a blonde, even when she's not pretty.

---------

Matt Barkley: Tim Tebow’s an arm, he’s not taking my reps
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 30, 2015, 7:14 AM EDT
tebow.jpeg
AP
When the Eagles signed Tim Tebow, fellow quarterback Mark Sanchez dismissed Tebow as a camp arm. Coach Chip Kelly disagreed.

Eagles third-string quarterback Matt Barkley agrees with Sanchez, suggesting that Tebow was brought in so the Eagles would have another guy to throw to the receivers after GJ Kinne switched from quarterback to wide receiver.

“He’s not taking my reps on the field,” Barkley said, via NJ.com. “He’s an arm we need for the team, with G.J. making the move to receiver. Tim’s just one of us. He’s trying to make the team just like we all are. It hasn’t effected my approach to how I feel the team thinks of me or how I’m going out to compete every day.”

But while the other quarterbacks seem to see Tebow as a camp arm, it’s up to Kelly, who insists that Tebow is on the team to be a quarterback.

And really, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to sign Tebow to be a camp arm because Tebow doesn’t have a good arm. Tebow’s strengths lie in his ability to improvise and make plays when things break down. If Kelly just wanted another passer to help work with the receivers in camp, he could have found a better passer than Tebow, who would have come with fewer distractions than Tebow. Kelly signed Tebow because sees something in Tebow’s potential to help the Eagles win in the fall, not just to work with the team in the summer.

Barkley should realize that because if Tebow makes the team, Barkley won’t.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tim Tebow still can’t find the end zone as girlfriend Olivia Culpo breaks it off over lack of sex

Thursday, November 26, 2015, 6:00 PM

For once, it's not Tim Tebow who's having trouble scoring - it's his girlfriend.

Confidenti@l is told the QB's model squeeze Olivia Culpo has dumped him after a two-month relationship - because he won't have sex with her.

The former Miss USA, who was first reported to be seeing Tebow in early October, has told friends that she can't deal with the famously abstinent star's nookie-less lifestyle.

RUSSELL WILSON AND CIARA ARE NOT ALONE ON SKIPPING SEX

"He was really into her," a source close to the model told us, "he was sending her love letters and cute notes and professing his love for her."

Alas, Culpo took a knee.

"She had to break up with him because she just couldn't handle it," said our insider, "He still hits her up, but she just can't deal with the sex thing. He's pretty adamant about it, I guess."

rhode-island-livia-culpo.jpg

Julie Jacobson/AP .... Former Miss USA Olivia Culpo has apparently taken pointers from the Jets, Patriots and Eagles by dumping Tim Tebow.

Perhaps Culpo had hoped she could help the free agent - who played for the Jets in 2012 - to have a romantic revelation like she did for ex Nick Jonas, who famously wore a "promise ring," swearing off sex before marriage.

The pair started dating in the summer of 2013, and by September 2014 the one-time Jonas Brothers member told HuffPo Live that he had taken the ring off.

"This is a real growth in me and not something I'm doing anymore," he said adding, "But I've got my set of values, things that are important to me now at this point in my life and that's all that matters."

It caused something of a stir in 2009 when then-college sensation Tebow was was asked by Clay Travis of AOL's Fanhouse.com at an SEC media day if he was "saving (him)self for marriage." Tebow said that he was.

It's not the first time it has caused him to fumble in his love life.

When he split with girlfriend Camilla Belle after a couple of months in 2009, it was also widely speculated at the time that the Disney channel star was bothered by his chastity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back