Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tim Tebow

Still the same as all season.

Tim Tebow - Winner.
Self appointed Experts - Losers.

Jesus Christ..:rolleyes:

Tim Tebow's stats draw biblical comparisons

Tim Tebow has emerged as perhaps the NFL’s most polarizing and popular figure this season with mix of late-game heroics and outspoken religious beliefs, but on Sunday night Tebow’s play did the talking for the latter.

Tebow’s 316-yard passing performance shocked the Pittsburgh Steelers in their playoff loss to his Denver Broncos, which sparked the John 3:16 Bible verse he used to mark on his face during games to the top of Google Trends Monday afternoon.

Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow greets fans after the Broncos beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 29-23 in overtime of an NFL football wild card playoff game Sunday, Jan. 8, 2012, in Denver. (AP Photo/The Denver Post, Joe Amon)

Sunday’s wild-card showdown saw Tebow average an NFL postseason-record 31.6 yards per completion on the way to breaking team president John Elway’s franchise playoff passing record, and further validated head coach John Fox’s decision to name Tebow starter in October.

At the time Denver was reeling from a three-game losing streak entering its bye in Week 6.

Fast forward to January, as Tebow culminated the best game of his career with an overtime strike to Demaryius Thomas, whose birthday is Christmas.

But let’s not get too crazy with numbers, because if you add his passing and rushing yards it totals 366, which Michele Bachmann might argue is perilously close to devil territory.

Tebow’s captured the imagination of the masses in a short time since entering the league in the 2010 draft, at the time still shy of age 23. “The Number 23” starring Jim Carrey, a widely panned movie about how every event somehow comes back that number.

Even those tired of Tebow-mania have to admit the drama was at least a little bit enjoyable Sunday night. You can’t script this; unless you’re Tebow

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-09/tim-tebow-316-the-bible-stats#ixzz1j43yA996

Jeeeezuss...:rolleyes:

Word mavens recognize ‘Tebowing’ as a verb

If you looked up “Tebowing” in the dictionary it would say, “the act of taking a knee in prayer during an athletic contest.”

No, really.

“Tebowing” is now recognized by the Global Language Monitor, which tracks trends in language.

A news release from the Global Language Monitor’s website says that the acceptance and use of Tebowing “has seldom been equaled.”

Remember, this isn’t a fan blogging about the greatness of Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. USA Today compares the Global Language Monitor to an online equivalent to Webster’s Dictionary.

“The dictionary’s job is to record usage,” University of Colorado at Colorado Springs professor of English Tom Napierkowski said Monday. “An editor of a dictionary is not some supreme language authority. The editor of a dictionary doesn’t have a privilege or right to create new words. The editor’s job is to tell the rest of us how, and under what circumstances, a word is being used.”

“Tebowing” is being used — and mimicked — by fans, announcers and other professional athletes. It has become trendy.

“With the word ‘Tebowing,’ there are two phenomena at work,” Napierkowski said. “The first one is kind of an interesting modern phenomenon where we take proper names and make them into common nouns.”

An example is how people say they “Xerox” something instead of “photocopy” it, or the inclination to call a tissue a Kleenex.

“But what you’ve got here with ‘Tebowing’ is taking that noun and making it into a verb,” Napierkowski said. “There’s a tendency to take one part of speech and change it into another.”

So since “Tebowing” is in the dictionary, is it an acceptable term?

“You get back to this notion of the credibility of the dictionary,” said Napierkowski, who teaches a course on the history of the English language at UCCS.

Napierkowski, who had never heard of Tebowing before Monday, compared word useage to clothing.

“Wearing a bathing suit to the beach is perfectly acceptable,” he said. “But it would be a bad idea to wear a bathing suit to a job interview.”

Saying “Tebowing” at a sports bar when watching the Broncos is totally acceptable to Napierkowski.

“Certainly it’s a phenomenon, but I hadn’t heard of it,” he added. “That’s really fascinating.”

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/verb-130075-word-looked.html#ixzz1gQ106xpC

35h3qh.jpg

Unfortunely Tebow has already won the same amount of Playoff games as Tony.

The Raiders have won more playoff games in the last 11 or so years than the Cowboys. Just ponder that for a few minutes :eek:

I don't blame Romo tho. It really is a team game, and the Cowboys have not been consistently good enough across the board to make the most of those playoff opportunities. Eg, the 2007 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Raiders have won more playoff games in the last 11 or so years than the Cowboys. Just ponder that for a few minutes :eek:

I don't blame Romo tho. It really is a team game, and the Cowboys have not been consistently good enough across the board to make the most of those playoff opportunities. Eg, the 2007 season.

Wasn't a fan of Romo before the 49er's game however sincee then he has grown on me. Thought he had a great season. If it wasn't for Demarco getting injured Tony would be going to Green Bay this week.

The Cowboys have one of the most talented teams both sides of the ball in all the league. Sure the DBs are a weakness, but every top team has weaknesses still. But there's only reason for the Cowboys failure to make the playoffs or go all the way with that roster this season -- coaching. No if's or but's

Jerry Jones

Brilliant!:thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]aXCRyggRs-E[/YOUTUBE]

Brilliant!:thumbsu:
[YOUTUBE]aXCRyggRs-E[/YOUTUBE]

C'MON MAN!! , this has been overdone katrillion times already and this is soooo outta date it's not funny anymore!! See, what happens when the AFL distracts you? You miss out all these funny skits..

Can't get enough of Tebow.. enjoy this..

[YOUTUBE]grM2sb7VYSs[/YOUTUBE]

If anyone watched this at the time, no way could you predict how the heck the Broncos pulled this out of the FIRE..

To think that dumb mistakes by the Bears and Tebow's confidence were the clinches along with other stunning outcomes that needed to occur to see this miracle comeback result.

NFL players who were devout christians used to 'tebow' exactly the same pose, every time they scored a touchdown in the past, like 20-30 years ago.
This highlights how more and more media-driven today's society is -- obviously, with everyone attached to iphones, etc.

here, here.. even Joey (#55) was part of the whole 'tebow' effect.

Thanks for enlighting our 'January visitors' GG. :thumbsu: These AFL folk have never seen anything like this.. that's why the AFL isn't an inspiring league anymore. After another wasted season of GWS/ GCS blow-outs, the flock of lost souls will be clammering our boards next season, maybe a month or two earlier!! :eek:

I've never seen the Hitler one Woodson untill last night...####ing funny.

Talking about skits..Tebow has now gotta be the most lampooned NFL player ever isn't he?:p

Haven't seen that tebow comeback till then, the only game apart from the steelers I watched was a win against the jets on that last drive. I don't know how you can feel any hate towards a guy like him. And from what I gather and how I'd imagine you couldn't ask for a team mate and ultimately leader. He seems there for everyone, he'l take the blame for anything before lagging on others, he shows passion, never gives up. His defense has helped but the guy deserves credit regardless of his religion. And after the steelers game, do you stack the box leave it one on one outside and test his arm or let his legs work you over. I love watching him play

I've never seen the Hitler one Woodson untill last night...####ing funny.

Talking about skits..Tebow has now gotta be the most lampooned NFL player ever isn't he?:p

You ought to check out one of the originals about Tony Romo/ Cowboys play-off capitulation.. that worked out a real treat.. LMAO!! :D

As for TeBow being lampooned... I think that's great for the NFL and general audience, he seems to take everything in his stride, doesn't put a foot wrong off the field, can't be that bad.

Well the AFL isn't going to be an inspiring league for a North Melbourne fan is it!!! :p

Who said I'm still a (hard core) fan? :p Haven't been to a Live game in three years and don't miss it much, quite frankly. The ongoing grey rules have butchered it to pieces. Hawks for the flag this year!! Ex-North guy @ the helm!! ;)

With regards to the actual thread, even though overtly religious people give me the screaming sh!ts, I've enjoyed immensely watching Tebow and his offense this season (except for last week of course). I certainly hope he gets to the AFC Title Game.

I avoid watching the media that go overboard with Tebow. I agree, he gives his team every chance. Totally unpredictable. Fun to watch. NE D will be double guessing just as much as the Steelers D did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back