Tim Watson - 93' Prelimenary Final Goal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Boy I remember Bewick putting the Crows to the sword a couple of times in the early 90s

Why are Essendon in the white shorts, yet the Ch7 scoreboard has them as a home team?

Boy I remember Bewick putting the Crows to the sword a couple of times in the early 90s

Why are Essendon in the white shorts, yet the Ch7 scoreboard has them as a home team?

Think Crows should have been home team as they qualified for Prelim ahead of us

I've looked at that before, and wasn't sure if that was the case.

Crows finished 5th and Essendon 2nd and end of H&A - both had won and lost a final each (albeit on alternating weeks)

Weird finals system, that top 6
What's also weird is that I've seen the game referred to both Adelaide v Essendon, and Essendon v Adelaide- as in, the first named team being the home team.

As you say, the top six (in both its iterations) was a weird system. Adelaide had come from losing to Carlton in the second-semi, playing off for the grand final direct entry which they'd qualified for after beating Hawthorn, while we (after finishing first) had lost to Carlton in the first week and had then faced a sudden death first-semi against the Eagles.

Yep...weird system that didn't make much sense.

And to further compound the confusion, the next week in the grand final, Carlton were in the white shorts despite qualifying for the grand final ahead of us. And yet on the telecast, Carlton were (rightly, I'd have thought) named as the first or home team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes me feel so old to see his son retire at the end of last season. I can remember Tim playing when I was a kid, and I remember that game and the next one. They might be my earliest footy memories :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back