Prediction Time Capsule: Who will have the better career? Motlop, Cockatoo or Parfitt

Which player will have the better career overall?

• Brandon Parfitt

• Nakia Cockatoo

• Steven Motlop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gysenn

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Motlop threw a spanner in the works yesterday. Any chance he can do that in blue and white next season?

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Motlop.

Parfitt looks like a poor mans Christensen. I dont think he will develop unless he plays full time mid in VFL. Doubt CS will play him midfield at afl level with superstars such as menegola and blicavs in the side. He is completely lost in the forwardline as he is not a natural forward.

Cockatoo is just a likely to fizzle out without any real impact. No doubting his talent but his body seems to be made out of rice paper and i worry that he will always be injured. Again, he will be best developed as a midfielder but seems to lack the ability to read the play and has really improved since his first preseason games at geelong.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Motlop.

Parfitt looks like a poor mans Christensen. I dont think he will develop unless he plays full time mid in VFL. Doubt CS will play him midfield at afl level with superstars such as menegola and blicavs in the side. He is completely lost in the forwardline as he is not a natural forward.

Cockatoo is just a likely to fizzle out without any real impact. No doubting his talent but his body seems to be made out of rice paper and i worry that he will always be injured. Again, he will be best developed as a midfielder but seems to lack the ability to read the play and has really improved since his first preseason games at geelong.

Pretty bad post imo

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Which part do you disagree with?

I really felt pre injury that christenson was an excellent player and showed more than parfitt and cockatoo.

I really did like Allen, but calling Parfitt a "poor mans Christensen" really undersells Parfitt's ability.

I don't think Cockatoo will fizzle out either. He's still only 20yrs old. He's still really damn young and could be anything.

Apr 8, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Toronto Blue Jays
Parfitt is the real deal, barring injury he should be in the 150-200 club and have an excellent career.

I have a bad feeling that Motlop is going to set the world alight next year and have a solid tail-end to his career. I do wish him the best but if he gets himself a premiership while the Cats fizzle out it will cut deep. It could just as easily go the other way though.

BIGANT

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2006
Glenelg
AFL Club
Geelong
Biggest disappointment for me was, when parfeeet was presented with his jumper on his debut from motlop. C'mon gfc should have been from Matty stokes fa mine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aug 24, 2015
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Liverpool
I really did like Allen, but calling Parfitt a "poor mans Christensen" really undersells Parfitt's ability.

I don't think Cockatoo will fizzle out either. He's still only 20yrs old. He's still really damn young and could be anything.
Motlop.

I’m also hopeful that when Blicavs and Menegola were referenced as ‘superstars’ the tongue was firmly entrenched in the cheek.

Agree with the notion though, would like to see Cocky or Parfitt on the ball next season.

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm still struggling to come to terms with the cheeky bloke Parfitt actually getting drafted. He was in my English class back in 2011 and was good friends with my cousin. Writing this is embarrassing because that school would mix year 7s, 8s and 9s in same class depending on timeslot period availability rather than actual knowledge. He was in Y7 as I was Y9.

I knew Parf was very good at footy but I never expected him to get drafted but I thought the same of Tony Olango, Jake and Ben Long who are also on lists currently (Hawks, Ess, St K). I thought Jake Long was the best of the lot but he may get delisted and end up the worst. But maybe that was bias because he was the only one I had ever played alongside due to age.

Was in a split year 5/6 class with Ben Long & Tony Olango which was primary school.

But in all seriousness seeing a guy who I shared a classroom with and sat on the same table with due to his association with my cousin as he knew me take the guernsey number off of my favourite Geelong player of my lifetime (Jimmy Bartel) is crazy to me. In fact it freaks me the hell out.

They all look the same too from back between 07-11 which coincidentally is the greatest era of this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Went with Cockatoo. I think he's got a rare speed/power combination that very few in the AFL had. Dangerfield, Dusty, Ablett and maybe Stringer are about it.

Down to Cocky and Parfitt if we are basing this only on our players
Motlop, but we need to see if he's still a Cat next year if this is referring only to their Geelong careers.
I can't pick here.
Both apparently injury prone, Cocky more exuberance, Parfitt maybe more a LT prospect.

Jeff76

Premiership Player
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Down to a battle of the fittest, don't really care about Motlop, was never a fan. Parfitt in traffic for a first year was pretty bloody good, with another preseason I think he's going to see more midfield time. Cocky shits me to tears, looks like he could be anything but his body just can't handle it, I'm thinking he'll be another Rioli, 10 to 15 quality possession player who gets injured a s**t load. Parfitt to have the best career, nice pick up from Wells, never even heard of the lad pre draft.

Gysenn

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Very, very impressive game from Parfitt today.

0.1 from our two key forwards - his three goals were incredibly important.

Back