Time for a base or move into the City of Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be disappointed if the club went down the pokies path, those machines are evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Get xenaphon to advise a pokie solution which minimises risk to addicts.

More like we'd get bad publicity from Mr. X for having pokies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So are we on a secret mission to be the only club that misses out on this revenue stream? While gaining no measurable good will from it.

Stupid question:
Could we move and sublet AAMI on our lease to pay for our new digs. To whom I do not know. More a theoretical question really.

I think we could, but it's more likely that the developer would want to buy us out of the lease so they can move their timeline forward by a decade or two.

Stupid question:
Could we move and sublet AAMI on our lease to pay for our new digs. To whom I do not know. More a theoretical question really.
Don't know but I doubt there would be any decent money in it, I believe vacating earlier giving the sub-contractor access 20 to 15 years early would generate more chance of some decent coin, Also in the next 5-10 years the landscape for sponsors will change with more coming on board, and a new training facility catering for both Male and Female teams could generate some serious naming rights, if they hold off that coin may not be the same, its a risk both ways,
But there are a couple of certainties
The Crows will have to move they have no choice in 2048
Withing the next couple of year they loose the ability for Lockouts and Night training at Football park therefore have to travel to Thebarton or Adelaide to achieve both of these. (the light towers are going, the grandstands are going)
Football park is not future proof.
Car parking for visitors is going to be a mess in 4-5 years almost removing easy access to the supporter base to get to them, They will struggle to get enough car parks for the team and will not have enough if the men's and women teams train at the same time.

All this points to one option they will move in the next 10 years If they want to have a decent training facility for both the Men's and Women teams, and without good facilities there push for flags will be severely hampered,
And if they want to get the best value out of football park, Getting a long-term lease was a very good business move as it now allows them to negotiate an earlier departure in a strong position.

I predict we will be training and have Admin at Thebarton within five years

Once the grandstands and light towers go there will be more training sessions at Thebarton. But do indoor training at Footy Park.

It will be a gradual move. Made permanent once we have a new training/admin facilty built. Paid for via the early lease buy out option.
Now hopefully Triggy was smart enough to ensure this buyout was good enough to achieve that.

This concerns me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I predict we will be training and have Admin at Thebarton within five years

Once the grandstands and light towers go there will be more training sessions at Thebarton. But do indoor training at Footy Park.

It will be a gradual move. Made permanent once we have a new training/admin facilty built. Paid for via the early lease buy out option.
Now hopefully Triggy was smart enough to ensure this buyout was good enough to achieve that.

This concerns me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Been thinking about that, and very curious if they are looking at Kings reserve and leaving it open at an MCG size ground, if not The comment I once read from Fagan about 2 ovals being the preference makes me lean to park 2 next to the aquatic centre.
Either way five years would be my pick as well.
late edit change from park 4 to park 2. got them mixed up.

Been thinking about that, and very curious if they are looking at Kings reserve and leaving it open at an MCG size ground, if not The comment I once read from Fagan about 2 ovals being the preference makes me lean to park 2 next to the aquatic centre.
Either way five years would be my pick as well.
late edit change from park 4 to park 2. got them mixed up.

You would think the advantage of having 2 ovals instead of 1 large oval you can rope off to make it match whatever oval you want would be minimal. Especially if they have a space like kings reserve where they can go train when the shape of the ground doesn't matter to give the grass a rest and a large indoor training shed.

You would think the advantage of having 2 ovals instead of 1 large oval you can rope off to make it match whatever oval you want would be minimal. Especially if they have a space like kings reserve where they can go train when the shape of the ground doesn't matter to give the grass a rest and a large indoor training shed.

2 Ovals do offer an advantage in the future when the women's team become full time, allowing both teams the luxury of training at the same time on an oval rope off, but they can get that if they modified Kings reserve. But I am concerned if they would get full use of Kings reserve.
My personal choice is Thebarton and Kings reserve, next to South road makes it available to most supporters north and south with the west coming along Port rd and onto South and the eastern along Greenhill to south road.
But the more I look at Park 2 next to the Aquatic centre the more I like that location. As the Aquatic centre needs a revamp and they could piggyback on that with the training centre and office complex with two ovals and a good running track

2 Ovals do offer an advantage in the future when the women's team become full time, allowing both teams the luxury of training at the same time on an oval rope off, but they can get that if they modified Kings reserve. But I am concerned if they would get full use of Kings reserve.
My personal choice is Thebarton and Kings reserve, next to South road makes it available to most supporters north and south with the west coming along Port rd and onto South and the eastern along Greenhill to south road.
But the more I look at Park 2 next to the Aquatic centre the more I like that location. As the Aquatic centre needs a revamp and they could piggyback on that with the training centre and office complex with two ovals and a good running track
And of course swimming facilities

It may never be a reality, but I could think of nothing better than the Crows relocating to a (largely unused) suburban ground like Thebarton, it just has more of the right feel about it.

It's not like there are any other grounds available and it really is a perfect location so close to the CBD. It was the Eagles home ground for nearly 70 years, it sits right that some Club ustilises it and revives the area a bit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we will wait until after the next election and hope there is a less Port loving government to help get the club a good deal on some council owned land. Also think we will pay off our debt and spend a few years saving before a purchase. Although if we do bring someone like Kate Ellis on to the board it could be a sign that we want someone to help deal with the labour party.

Last edited:
Ah North Adelaide residents..... God love ya!

We're on Margaret St because our dogs love the walks through the park. Funny story, we were staying in a cottage off Melbourne St for the 3rd time and looking at properties down at Aldinga. Magnificent area, superb beaches, great pubs and Mclaren Vale just a back road away. Anyway, after seeing a bunch of places and clocking the distance from houses to beach access points and having fish and chips on the beach, it dawned on us that the Bulldogs weren't that enamoured with beach life. We trundled back to our accommodation off Melbourne St and the hounds couldn't get out of the car quick enough and wanted to head towards the parklands. I said to the missus, "why are we looking down there, when we choose to stay here and the Bulldogs love the parks".

Anyway, still love Aldinga Beach and the surrounds. Amazingly beautiful place (we honeymooned at Silver Sands), but the Bulldogs just love the North Adelaide lifestyle.

And the park on the RHS of O'Connell St is basically desolate and only used to store construction s**t from time to time.

I reckon we will wait until after the next election and hope there is a less Port loving government to help get the club a good deal on some council owned land. Also think we will pay off our debt and spend a few years saving before a purchase. Although if we do bring someone like Kate Ellis on to the board it could be a sign that we want someone to help deal with the labour party.
The ironic thing is the Port board has Amanda Vanstone, a massive Lib head.

We're on Margaret St because our dogs love the walks through the park. Funny story, we were staying in a cottage off Melbourne St for the 3rd time and looking at properties down at Aldinga. Magnificent area, superb beaches, great pubs and Mclaren Vale just a back road away. Anyway, after seeing a bunch of places and clocking the distance from houses to beach access points and having fish and chips on the beach, it dawned on us that the Bulldogs weren't that enamoured with beach life. We trundled back to our accommodation off Melbourne St and the hounds couldn't get out of the car quick enough and wanted to head towards the parklands. I said to the missus, "why are we looking down there, when we choose to stay here and the Bulldogs love the parks".

Anyway, still love Aldinga Beach and the surrounds. Amazingly beautiful place (we honeymooned at Silver Sands), but the Bulldogs just love the North Adelaide lifestyle.

And the park on the RHS of O'Connell St is basically desolate and only used to store construction s**t from time to time.
I thought you lived in Alice Springs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back