Opinion Time for a new Captain?

Should Hamish Brayshaw be our new captain?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Premiership Player Chris Masten

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
Questions have been asked of Hurns leadership many times. Even his his sponsor Here2tellyouwhy doesn't rate his leadership credentials.

Screenshot_20171127-162203.jpg

Lucky we are not short of options. Shuey would be the obvious choice, JK or Gov a close second. But both will only be around a short while. Id prefer a longer term option. Luck we have one. Hamish Brayshaw. The player so commited to the club he is walking over from melbourne. Hamish will bleed for the club. Get your votes in. Next stop will be a petition to the club!

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Questions have been asked of Hurns leadership many times. Even his his sponsor Here2tellyouwhy doesn't rate his leadership credentials.

View attachment 440766

Lucky we are not short of options. Shuey would be the obvious choice, JK or Gov a close second. But both will only be around a short while. Id prefer a longer term option. Luck we have one. Hamish Brayshaw. The player so commited to the club he is walking over from melbourne. Hamish will bleed for the club. Get your votes in. Next stop will be a petition to the club!

lol posted when I was Shueys sponsor

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Make Yeo Captain now! it would be worth the lolz to see him lisp his way through all the interviews.

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
I really dont understand. This thread isn' about WHO should be our next captain. It' about SHOULD our newest future GOAT and all round top guy Hamish & Andy Brayshaw be our next Captain.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I really dont understand. This thread isn' about WHO should be our next captain. It' about SHOULD our newest future GOAT and all round top guy Hamish & Andy Brayshaw be our next Captain.
Why do you no longer type the letter after the apostrophe in your contractions?

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo isn' an option in my poll.
I was taking the piss mate, besides we are the conservative club and no harsh decision making will ever be made. We are the "Pensioners" club of choice for conservatives, don't get frustrated by this because down the Road is the club for Lefties and rash decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I was taking the piss mate, besides we are the conservative club and no harsh decision making will ever be made. We are the "Pensioners" club of choice for conservatives, don't get frustrated by this because down the Road is the club for Lefties and rash decisions.
You've triggered an existential crisis for me. I've always considered myself a bit of an outsider leftie.

But a leftie barracking for a conservative club still makes me an outsider:cool: I feel better now.

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not many players banging down the door to be captain is there. * all leaders

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hurn is in career-best form and could well be named AA captain. So now is probably not the right time to consider replacing him. But Shuey will turn 29 next year. We've long thought he'd be the next captain. Is 2019 the time to make the change? If we wait another year, it might make more sense to go with a younger option. This is not in any way a criticism of Hurn, who's been awesome. Just wondering if the moment is now if Shuey is the next captain.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Prior to " the incident " and perhaps his non committal there may well have been an argument for Gaff to be Captain . Shuey form has dropped off and he has been caught ball holding like the old Chris Masten.
Would rather keep Hurn to the point of overdue rather than go premature on someone else. No need to change, happy to wait to see who steps up.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Think Hurn will hold on to the captaincy next year and maybe the year after. Shuey will be too old by then.
Yeo will probably be next in line and Gaff if he stays also will be in contention i guess.
If Liam Duggan comes on as a player in in the next 48 months, then he's be a good chance as well.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Prior to " the incident " and perhaps his non committal there may well have been an argument for Gaff to be Captain . Shuey form has dropped off and he has been caught ball holding like the old Chris Masten.
He's had a quiet season but he was awesome against Port.

Would rather keep Hurn to the point of overdue rather than go premature on someone else. No need to change, happy to wait to see who steps up.
Fair enough. I guess my question would be, if Hurn stays and it skips to a younger player, who is in the mix? Sheppard? Darling? Yeo?

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
He's had a quiet season but he was awesome against Port.

Fair enough. I guess my question would be, if Hurn stays and it skips to a younger player, who is in the mix? Sheppard? Darling? Yeo?
Think Yeo.
The right time for Bunga to hand over the captaincy would be end of next year or even the year after. Yeo would be 27/28 and in his prime at that stage.

Back