Opinion Time for a new Captain?

Should Hamish Brayshaw be our new captain?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Premiership Player Chris Masten

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I DEMAND that you add a 6th option of
"I matt_bas am a muppet and whole heartedly apologise to our glorious premiership captain Shannon Hurn for creating the shittest thread of all time"
He is indeed

Here to tell you why.

Why? s**t thread - delist or trade to gold coast for three good threads and a thread downgrade.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Does Shuey even want to be captain?

He seems pretty content with being a respected VC without the trappings of the captaincy, much like JKK.

Hurn is the perfect fit for a club like ours. He's the opposite of our historical reputation. He keeps the flashy, dick swinging WC in line and compliments Simpson.

Another one or two years and then Shuey for 3-4. By that point someone will hopefully have put their hand up. Barrass isn't a crazy option, maybe Duggan. Regardless we'll have a better idea then.

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Look at the captains of the last few years. It’s been a while since there has been a young captain

Everyone loves the idea of having a young captain who goes on to be captain of the club for 10 years, winning multiple premierships. The reality is, it doesn’t happen these days

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
D794A438-1956-4844-9333-861CAC9111FB.jpeg

Presumably it may happen in 2020, perhaps in another season Duggo will have done enough to claim it?

Other than that there is..

Yeo - Don't mind, can't see any reason why not to be honest. He always finds a way to impact games one way or another.

McGovern - Don't mind but he's fat and casual, not something the club would put on a pedestal

Barrass - Don't mind but if he was any more laid back he'd be lying down. Adam Hunter MK II

Darling - God no, pressure gets to him enough as it is.

Shuey - Unfortunately probably missed his window. Possibly could be Captain for 2-3 years until another young leader steps up.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Not sure if it's just me, but is Tommy doing more and more media stuff these days?

The IGA thing, couple other videos, always seems to be involved in something nowadays, speaking sensibly. He's also handsome AF of course.

Might have to rethink my captaincy tip :think:

You jelly mate?

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if it's just me, but is Tommy doing more and more media stuff these days?

The IGA thing, couple other videos, always seems to be involved in something nowadays, speaking sensibly. He's also handsome AF of course.

Might have to rethink my captaincy tip :think:

“Brody Gray”?

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Hurn one more as reigning premier Captain then hand over to Shuey. Get Duggan into the leadership group and train up to succeed Shuey in years to come. That should be the succession plan.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Presumably it may happen in 2020, perhaps in another season Duggo will have done enough to claim it?

Other than that there is..

Yeo - Don't mind, can't see any reason why not to be honest. He always finds a way to impact games one way or another.

McGovern - Don't mind but he's fat and casual, not something the club would put on a pedestal

Barrass - Don't mind but if he was any more laid back he'd be lying down. Adam Hunter MK II

Darling - God no, pressure gets to him enough as it is.

Shuey - Unfortunately probably missed his window. Possibly could be Captain for 2-3 years until another young leader steps up.

I agree with much of this.

Duggan isn't in the first handful picked for the team so difficult to see him in the role yet. For the back line, he's probably 5th or 6th picked. Obviously being a good player isn't the only consideration, but should be an auto select each week.

Needs to continue to improve next year to be in the conversation.

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
Tom Barrass.

Your time is now.

Hurn to hand the cup to Simmo and Barrass

Thanks for bumping the thread. I loved the first couple of pages. Also in terms of a new captain Barrass I definitely agree. He has loads of potential as a captain. I think the young lads would look up to him and with my prediction of him playing most of the years in the reserves he would make an excellent inaugural Captain for the WAFL team.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Thanks for bumping the thread. I loved the first couple of pages. Also in terms of a new captain Barrass I definitely agree. He has loads of potential as a captain. I think the young lads would look up to him and with my prediction of him playing most of the years in the reserves he would make an excellent inaugural Captain for the WAFL team.
You'd make an excellent captain for the freo board

twce13

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Shue might take over with gaff being promoted to a vc. Duggan perhaps to come into the leadership team.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Duggan certainly has attributes that clubs love to promote as captain qualities; clean cut, likeable guy, speaks well and toes the party line.
And a snazzy little moustache. If footy doesn't work out, he can always open a hat shop.

Back