Time for a rule change we can all agree on..

Remove this Banner Ad

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
afl need to reset the 2 warnings for being fined = auto suspension for a third offence once finals start .

If everyone is so adamant we don't want to see players rubbed out for actions like Cotchins then they need to reset the warnings because it will happen again .

And whether you don't want to see players rubbed out for small acts like that the truth is if they applied the rule like they did during the year he should of been fined based one the concussion.

If the afl aren't going to enforce the rule because they don't want to feel the wrath of making the tough calls then reset it going in to finals.

afl need to reset the 2 warnings for being fined = auto suspension for a third offence once finals start .

If everyone is so adamant we don't want to see players rubbed out for actions like Cotchins then they need to reset the warnings because it will happen again .

And whether you don't want to see players rubbed out for small acts like that the truth is if they applied the rule like they did during the year he should of been fined based one the concussion.

If the afl aren't going to enforce the rule because they don't want to feel the wrath of making the tough calls then reset it going in to finals.
I'm just not convinced by what I saw he would have had a case to answer in any game. On that basis I have to reject the premise.

Getting the excuses in early. Nice.

This would mean fining Cotchin for rough conduct. And suspending him.

This would be fine except the afl under Gil have shown they are weak as lolly water and bow to media pressure at every turn. Just take the pressure off them and reset it before finals.
Getting the excuses in early. Nice.

No excuses. Just saying if the reason he doesn't get suspended is because the afl is gutless and base decisions on "we would hate to see a player miss a final for such a small indescretion" then reset the "small indescretion count" going in to finals.

Don't agree personally. Don't be a flog throughout the year and you won't get suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. It was a joke. I don't see how that would make my parents proud or any less proud of me but ok lol. Tony Abbott use to say that a lot. That's all. Hit a nerve did I?
Fair enough
Not that easy to read in a short post, but I probably shouldn't have assumed the worst

If I was a player with 2 strikes and certain to play finals, I think I would give away a tummy tap in round 21 or 22 and take the week then rather than risk missing out on a final.

How about just wipe the slate in finals. No carry over.

I would also remove 1 game suspensions in finals. If it were only worthy of 1, you get a fine

If 2, then you get the two for being stupid.

No * that. It needs to stay the same. The bloke you got doesn't get an AFL granted reduction in injury because it's finals......

I agree with OP on the accumulation of of minor offences. This should not make you miss a final.

Granted, you clearly haven't learnt your lesson, but I don't like the idea of players going in having to be more careful than others.

Perhaps you could keep it for genuine deliberate acts, but even then you would probably get suspended for that actual incident anyway.

The actual criminal justice system is just as corrupt, inconsistent, dependent upon factors not supposed to be relevant.

The ruling class decide.
If the Criminal Justice system did its job properly we would have to keep building more jails...oh gee we are building more jails and their chockers.

If FIFA understand big players not missing finals and wiping the slate clean after group stages of major tournaments then surely the AFL can make it so fines don't carry over into finals. If you get 3 fines in the first 3 finals then you deserve to miss the GF

Something I want to see get paid 50; when the player has control of the ball (it's in their hands) on the ground and a free has been given to the other team, for whatever reason, the player not just drop it on the ground get up and walk away. Too often I see it and it's a deliberate case of not returning/giving the ball to the player, should = 50m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back